Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Lets face it, the SPL is a seperate entity to the rest of Scottish football and will bend over backwards to get Bigot 2012 back into the fold, whether the fans like it or not. They dont care, we are punters, not customers.

Only on the most technical of technicalities. Unless you consider "Airdrie United" to be in no way related to "Airdrieonians".

Airdrie United are in no way related to Airdrieonians. The company that currently exists as Airdrie United FC was previously Clydebank FC. Airdrie United didn't keep the same SFA membership as Airdrieonians, they bought out Clydebank, renamed the club and took their SFA membership. Other than the stadium they have nothing else in common.

In the Rangers case the current outlook is that a "Phoenix" club would keep the same SFA and SPL membership and essentially be a continuation of the current club similar to the Leeds example.

As much as I am laughing at Rangers, I have to say that HMRC are a fucking shambles. A costly shambles.

Wait a wee minute - how would you like being in a job where your bosses berate you one minute for failing to stop tax dodgers before going off to pass bills in Parliament to help create the very loopholes the bar stewards will exploit in order to dodge paying billions in tax in the first place?

Like the police, they're piggies in the middle, with everyone calling them swines.

They will get diddly squat.

Correction fucktard it's we, ultimately it is the British public being screwed over by Rangers

No it isn't. It's the state that is being denied the money. Something I don't actually mind at all.

And who does the state represent? Can it represent us as well with less money?

And we as part of the collective state are x million down which is therefore not available to be distributed.

Again, I dont have any problem with that.

I do have a massive problem with the state racking up 1 trillion pounds worth of debt and the fact that the tax they DO lift from peoples pockets doesn't come anywhere close to the amount of money they need to "distribute" to keep the state going.

The state can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.

Aye, great then, lets just write it off cos you dont have a problem with that.

rolleyes.gif

Why do you continue to live somewhere you so obviously dont like?

I like where I live. That6 doesn't mean I have to find the actions of the government "pleasing".

Twat

Contradicting yourself, so you want the state to have more money to support us but you don't want them to have money frm Rangers? blink.gif

Umm... no.

:1eye

It's probably best if you just go and tidy your room son.

biggrin.gifI sense a little bit of anger lads..........................................click

Wait a wee minute - how would you like being in a job where your bosses berate you one minute for failing to stop tax dodgers before going off to pass bills in Parliament to help create the very loopholes the bar stewards will exploit in order to dodge paying billions in tax in the first place?

Like the police, they're piggies in the middle, with everyone calling them swines.

I couldn't really give a f**k about how their feelings or the travails of their particular career choice. They take the wage they take the rage.

You think Neil Doncaster arranges and approves TV contracts himself...? Clubs vote on TV deals and any clauses or get-outs would be scrutinised by the clubs.

I don't see why its hugely surprising or shocking that this clause exists anyway.

What TV companies would agree to a £15M p/a TV deal, lasting 5 years, if the 2 clubs which give the deal its inherent value could leave but you're still tied-in?

Edited by HibeeJibee

You think Neil Doncaster arranges and approves TV contracts himself...? Clubs vote on TV deals and any clauses or get-outs would be scrutinised by the clubs.

I don't see why its hugely surprising or shocking that this clause exists anyway.

What TV companies would agree to a £15M p/a TV deal, lasting 5 years, if the 2 clubs which give the deal its inherent value could leave... but you're still tied-in?

Yes thats obviously what we think.

Take a day off.

Let's be honest, with the TV money dangling in our faces all teams would vote them back into the league.

With them being banned from Europe for 3 years there is financially no good reason to vote against them being allowed back in right away.

Morally yes financially no. Money talks.

Lets face it, the SPL is a seperate entity to the rest of Scottish football and will bend over backwards to get Bigot 2012 back into the fold, whether the fans like it or not. They dont care, we are punters, not customers.

I reckon a lot of us expect that - because of the Sky deal, and the fact we are force-fed the 'we all need a strong Rangers' line' morning, noon and night. We're expecting 'new Rangers' to be ushered back into the SPL by the back door with a blanket over their head in the dead of night... and we'll feel like we've been raped up the arse...

As the days go by - I'm not so sure anymore. The whole situation is very fluid. New revelations on a daily basis mean a constantly shifting landscape. I forsee a real backlash from fans of other clubs if the authorities collude to drop their breeks and take it up the arse from Craig Whyte and his debt dodging 'new Rangers'. We got a taste of it with reaction to Neil 'punchable chops' Doncaster's Hampden speech '10 team SPL is the ONLY way'... that was just a taste. I don't know what form any protest at being raped would take - but I genuinely feel that these days, there's a real feeling from supporters of the diddy clubs that we have been taken for mugs for too long, and I get a sense that this would illicit a huge backlash from non OF supporters, should it happen. Maybe Celtic supporters too - given the fact they would be extremely resentful to a new Rangers clearing their debt by cheating under the stewardship of a greasy snake, before popping up debt-free and carrying on.

As I say, I couldn't say how strong or what format a protest would take - but I definitely think the appetite is there within the supports of all other clubs to stand up and say, just hold on a wee minute here...

Time of course will tell. The suits in charge of our game would be foolish to take us for complete mugs any more...

[However, in practice, if that final scenario saw "AFC Rangers 2012" parachuted directly into SPL, I'm sure they'd be made to "pay an entrance fee" or suchlike equivalent to any football debts.]

Wish I shared your confidence.

Let's be honest, with the TV money dangling in our faces all teams would vote them back into the league.

With them being banned from Europe for 3 years there is financially no good reason to vote against them being allowed back in right away.

Morally yes financially no. Money talks.

Aint that the truth!

I really hope there's a possibility that this scenario plays out.

I'd love to see what the sports arbitration courts view would be on a newly formed team entering the top flight.

Who's for starting a legal fund? Send cheques to me and mark them Cannae 'ave sectarian **** or "CASH" for short. :D

518024662.jpg

Dundee Utd to ban Rangers Fans.

A lot of rubbish. United have asked the administrator for assurances they'll get their money should tickets be sent to Ibrox. If not United will sell the tickets from Tannadice themselves. Woeful headline from the Record, but you don't expect anything else eh?