Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What the hell does a Newco have to do with the administrators? Why the heck are they even asking these questions? That's not in their remit. If they liquidate orc fc, that's their job done.

Something smells rotten in the state of Mordor.

crossed my mind too..........I think Liquidation has been on the cards from the very start (since CW took over) and all this posturing and angling different options via the media is about getting the Newco straight back into the SPL.

if so....I'm out.

It only came out in the laptop loyal perhaps, it was common knowledge elsewhere that there was something amiss regarding what would later become the small tax case.

Perhaps you're meaning the non-payment of PAYE and NIC?

That would have been after the deadline surely.

sorry if already been posted but apparently rangers rejected a bid from west brom last week for steven naismith? surely they shouldnt be rejecting any amount of money they can get there hands on at this time.

Depends on the bid. If it was 750,000 they are quite right to say GTF no point in letting others asset strip, but £3 million+ and it becomes a little trickier ad they would find it hard to walk away from that.

What the hell does a Newco have to do with the administrators? Why the heck are they even asking these questions? That's not in their remit. If they liquidate orc fc, that's their job done.

Something smells rotten in the state of Mordor.

They need "a buyer" even in the event of liquidation. If they have a guaranteed SPL club to "sell", then the return is potentially greater.

That would have been after the deadline surely.

After the original deadline, yes, after the second one? Doubt it.

To be fair on the SFA though, there would have been very little they could do about it.

They need "a buyer" even in the event of liquidation. If they have a guaranteed SPL club to "sell", then the return is potentially greater.

if they are liquidated then its game over.

any assets would be sold on to pay out creditors..........newco is an entirely new company the owners of which would seek to purchase Ibrox, Murray Park & their League share.

I find that quite hard to take - essentially, the administrators and the sport's governing bodies are performing a carve-up before the event. And by carve-up, I don't mean of Rangers assets.

By doing this, they would also be incurring the wrath of HMRC, who would most certainly go after a Newco created and legitimized before the oldco were liquidated for the full amount of debts owed. Under such a circumstance, they would also go for the full 100% penalty open to them.

if they are liquidated then its game over.

any assets would be sold on to pay out creditors..........newco is an entirely new company the owners of which would seek to purchase Ibrox, Murray Park & their League share.

Yes - but it is the Newco who would be buying the assets, effectively. These bidders are trying to buy to BE the Newco (unless a CVA happens, of course).

Yes - but it is the Newco who would be buying the assets, effectively. These bidders are trying to buy to BE the Newco (unless a CVA happens, of course).

but the Newco has nothing to do with Rangers FC 1872 who are in administration............the Newco if they exist yet are not in administration.......so what are they to do with Duff & Phelps ???

I find that quite hard to take - essentially, the administrators and the sport's governing bodies are performing a carve-up before the event. And by carve-up, I don't mean of Rangers assets.

By doing this, they would also be incurring the wrath of HMRC, who would most certainly go after a Newco created and legitimized before the oldco were liquidated for the full amount of debts owed. Under such a circumstance, they would also go for the full 100% penalty open to them.

Of course - if they really ARE negotiating terms for a newco then the sport is over, the league is rigged, etc etc. But, given the timescale where next season is concerned, it may be necessary to negotiate now, if they are to gain entry into the SPL.

It's not clear if HMRC could pursue a newco in that way - there seems to be conflicting info from what I've seen.

but the Newco has nothing to do with Rangers FC 1872 who are in administration............the Newco if they exist yet are not in administration.......so what are they to do with Duff & Phelps ???

The men who will buy the assets to pay the creditors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17600284

This would seem to suggest a fairly open timetable in that as of 05/04/12 Haudit & Daudit have to list to creditors their proposals - and will this be the first opportunity to see a full list of creditors and the true amount of debt to all (??).

And if all creditors get to look at it and pass opinion until 20/04/12 and this is the stage before CVA how can anybody buy before then - getting more confusing.

And still to hear of the Tax Tribunal outcome, SPL investigation into double contracts and SFA into general scum-bag behaviour (bringing game into disrepute charges) and refusing to cough up the cup money which should see them banned from next years Scottish Cup.

Its sales of headache tablets that will be soaring to follow this not popcorn

And if their fingers were burned once by the SPL allowing a team to walk away from £65m+ of debt, HMRC are not going to pussyfoot around with any other team that isn't prompt with their taxes.

And how would other creditors look upon the SPL if they allowed this? Surely they would get a bit nervous and start putting the squeeze on other clubs in case they got stiffed as well?