Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Leeds were NEVER in liquidation. As far as I am aware, Bates had an offer accepted by the administrators, the Leeds came out under CVA. HMRC, contested this. Administrators put club up for sale, Bates made a second offer which was accepted. Football League accepted it under "exceptional circumstances rule" and Bates took over. Football League then deducted them 15 points for still being in administration passed deadline for new season. Bates then changed the name of Leeds United when he took over. They were NEVER liquidated.

Is this inaccurate then? If Leeds came out under a CVA, why were the administrators then "putting the club up for sale"? Genuine question, apologies if I've misread what happened with Leeds.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/277115-what-happens-when-a-club-in-administration-sets-up-a-phoenix-company/

Has it been done before?

Yes. Leeds United went into administration and failed to reach a CVA in 2007. A “phoenix” company, Leeds United 2007, was created and an application was made to transfer their share and membership of the English Football League.

The Football League accepted the application but said that the new company, closely linked to the previous club, couldn't start without some terms being imposed, to keep the spirit of the rules.

The “phoenix” company was allowed to take its place in the competition but in that specific case the board only granted the transfer on the condition Leeds started on minus 15 points.

There's no guarantee that the Scottish Premier League would act in the same way as their counterparts in England but the similarities between the regulations mean that the precedent may be used as a guide.

Desperate stuff, I'm surprised he didnt say "the big house must stay open"

Good of him to openly admit to the people of Fife he is a glory hunter :P

Isn't he the dude who stood to be Scottish Tory leader and said he wanted to do away with 'consevative' and 'tory' rename them because they are unelectable? Bit of a hypocrite if it's ok to dissolve a political party thats been around for hundreds of years but not ok to dissolve the forces of darkness because he's an orc.

Is this inaccurate then? If Leeds came out under a CVA, why were the administrators then "putting the club up for sale"? Genuine question, apologies if I've misread what happened with Leeds.

http://sport.stv.tv/...hoenix-company/

Highlandmagyar's right, according to this: My link It's wiki, but detailed enough to convince me..

http://sport.stv.tv/...hoenix-company/

As I said ,as far as I am aware, but I can only surmise that, because of the HMRC objecting, that they went straight back into admin, put them up forsale, Bates made his offer, and Football League effectively rubber stamped.it. Could be wrong mate!! Its the way I readit.

I'd like to know why the SFA have ok'd Paul Murrays bid when he fails their fit and proper test ,,,after all he was on the board of a club that became insolvent ?

He's also bankrolled by King another unfit and improper person.

Dear Mr Clark & Mr Whitehouse,

RANGERS FC

I am writing in relation to the current situation of Rangers FC.

I am MSP for Mid-Scotland & Fife and also Convenor of the Scottish Parliament's Economy,

Energy and Tourism Committee, although I am writing this in a personal capacity. I am also

a debenture holder at Rangers FC and therefore technically a creditor of the company.

I know that as administrators you are currently considering bids for the company. I believe

that it is essential that any bidder considering liquidation is ruled out of the process. I say

this for two reasons – firstly, liquidation would deprive HMRC of funds properly due to the

taxpayer and, secondly, liquidation would jeopardise the future existence of an institution

which means so much to so many people across the world.

It is in the interests of HMRC that Rangers FC exit administration through a Company

Voluntary Arrangement and therefore I believe that only bids that offer this course of action

should be taken forward by the administrators.

You will welcome the support from the fans of the Club, including the three supporters'

groups coming together to raise funds and who have now made payments to Dunfermline FC

on behalf of the club. If Rangers FC is liquidated and a new club is established I fear that

some of this support may disappear, which will damage the Club's revival.

It is a fact that Scottish football needs to change and adapt. It is in the interests for Scottish

football for there to be a strong SPL, and having a strong Rangers FC in the top flight

division will help bring in revenue. The long-term economic interests of Scottish football

and Rangers FC are best served if the club is not liquidated.

The administrators have a unique opportunity to see a new form of ownership for Rangers

FC, where the fan is at the heart of the club, and this can be a catalyst to help improve

Scottish football.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and I can be reached at

murdo.fraser.msp@scottish.parliament.uk if you wish to contact my office to arrange a

meeting.

Yours sincerely

Murdo Fraser MSP

Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)

And I thought Murdo was a strong believer in the market economy. At least that is what he has told us over the years. Where the strong flourish and the weak go to the wall. And especially you do not shore up lame ducks.

I would have thought if he took his Rangers scarf off for a minute he realises his sole priority should be fighting the corner of HMRC to help them maximize what is owed to them. And not trying to influence the administrators on any other basis.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Letter to Duff and Duffer from a Fife Tory MSP.

MSP

Whit a rocket. Writing a letter basically saying please let my club survive.

Mind you being born in Inverness, going to uni in Aberdeen, living in Perthshire and representing Fife at the parliament, aye can see why he chose to follow Rangers.

Dear Mr Clark & Mr Whitehouse,

RANGERS FC

I am writing in relation to the current situation of Rangers FC.

I am MSP for Mid-Scotland & Fife and also Convenor of the Scottish Parliament’s Economy,

Energy and Tourism Committee, although I am writing this in a personal capacity. I am also

a debenture holder at Rangers FC and therefore technically a creditor of the company.

I know that as administrators you are currently considering bids for the company. I believe

that it is essential that any bidder considering liquidation is ruled out of the process. I say

this for two reasons – firstly, liquidation would deprive HMRC of funds properly due to the

taxpayer and, secondly, liquidation would jeopardise the future existence of an institution

which means so much to so many people across the world.

It is in the interests of HMRC that Rangers FC exit administration through a Company

Voluntary Arrangement and therefore I believe that only bids that offer this course of action

should be taken forward by the administrators.

You will welcome the support from the fans of the Club, including the three supporters’

groups coming together to raise funds and who have now made payments to Dunfermline FC

on behalf of the club. If Rangers FC is liquidated and a new club is established I fear that

some of this support may disappear, which will damage the Club’s revival.

It is a fact that Scottish football needs to change and adapt. It is in the interests for Scottish

football for there to be a strong SPL, and having a strong Rangers FC in the top flight

division will help bring in revenue. The long-term economic interests of Scottish football

and Rangers FC are best served if the club is not liquidated.

The administrators have a unique opportunity to see a new form of ownership for Rangers

FC, where the fan is at the heart of the club, and this can be a catalyst to help improve

Scottish football.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and I can be reached at

murdo.fraser.msp@scottish.parliament.uk if you wish to contact my office to arrange a

meeting.

Yours sincerely

Murdo Fraser MSP

Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)

I like the way he leaves his email incase they want to contact him for a discussion......hmmmm poor fool,,,I suspect his in box is currently being filled with many interesting discussion points by Celtic fans. :)

Letter to Duff and Duffer from a Fife Tory MSP.

MSP

Born in Inverness, Uni in Aberdeen and represents Perth & a wee bit of Fife.

Wouldn't have pegged him as being a Rangers fan. Hope he has the stationary and postage costs taken out his taxpayer-funded wage.

Highlandmagyar's right, according to this: My link It's wiki, but detailed enough to convince me..

As I said ,as far as I am aware, but I can only surmise that, because of the HMRC objecting, that they went straight back into admin, put them up forsale, Bates made his offer, and Football League effectively rubber stamped.it. Could be wrong mate!! Its the way I readit.

I read the Wiki - what I wasn't clear on was how they came out of administration? When Bates offer was "accepted" did this pay off HMRC to come out of admin again? Does that mean STV's account is crap? :lol:

extract of report of meeting with Regan? Wit the fuk is that. :lol: :lol: Basically there's no minutes of the meeting but here's our version a week later with an official sounding title....wit a bunch of goons.

Ps can someone forward this account to Regan and ask him why he's such a liar.

Edited by THE KING

And I thought Murdo was a strong believer in the market economy. At least that is what he has told us over the years. Where the strong flourish and the weak go to the wall. And especially you do not shore up lame ducks.

I would have thought if he took his Rangers scarf off for a minute he realises his sole priority should be fighting the corner of HMRC to help them maximize what is owed to them. And not trying to influence the administrators on any other basis.

Excellent post.

I like the way he leaves his email incase they want to contact him for a discussion......hmmmm poor fool,,,I suspect his in box is currently being filled with many interesting discussion points by Celtic fans. :)

take the blinkers off mate.........its about about sporting integrity, playing by the rules and paying due taxation not some parochial rivalry.

Whit a rocket. Writing a letter basically saying please let my club survive.

Mind you being born in Inverness, going to uni in Aberdeen, living in Perthshire and representing Fife at the parliament, aye can see why he chose to follow Rangers.

Poor old Murdo has form. Rowdy member of the Student Conservatives, who was involved in anti Nelson Mandela 'incidents' at University, worked as a solicitor with Gordon and Maria Thompson legal firm in Edinburgh which went belly up with all sorts of funny stuff coming out, then a cosy job with Tods Murray where David McLetchie the Tory leader at Holyrood was partner. All great training to become an MSP. Funny thing most of this is hard to find through Google.

Time to grow up Murdo. What about a real job?

Edited by thelegendthatis

they should be thrown out of the league just for having that amount of utter fuckwits for supporters !

I wonder how many are on here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xsamwOs2slI

Going by the average post on Rangers media any words uttered by Reagan would have been closely followed by

Sniff Sniif, Mhank alert! Mhank or *****. take your pick really.