Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye, the debt came down by £14m in a period where the club earned £40m+ from the Champions League.

Therein lies the problem.

The debt came down significantly. As I said, other measures could have been taken to cut costs further (indeed it was rumoured that that was about to happen, until Whyte stepped in). Megamillions were no longer being spent, the wage bill was probably about a quarter of what it was at one time (one of those guesses), and so on.

The debt came down significantly. As I said, other measures could have been taken to cut costs further (indeed it was rumoured that that was about to happen, until Whyte stepped in). Megamillions were no longer being spent, the wage bill was probably about a quarter of what it was at one time (one of those guesses), and so on.

£1M a month higher than you could afford and you still tried to sign Cousin and Sandaza FORFUXAKE. You know no shame

Are you currently sitting a room with your fingers in your ears shouting lalalalalalala?

£1M a month higher than you could afford and you still tried to sign Cousin and Sandaza FORFUXAKE. You know no shame

Are you currently sitting a room with your fingers in your ears shouting lalalalalalala?

Well I might hear more sense if I was, :D

Some folk really need to calm down about this. All this hysterical drivel such as "You know no shame" really is tedious. Surely there's some Falkirk stuff you could be focussing on rather than obsessing about another club in another division who have got in a financial mess.

Some folk really need to calm down about this. All this hysterical drivel such as "You know no shame" really is tedious. Surely there's some Falkirk stuff you could be focussing on rather than obsessing about another club in another division who have got in a financial mess.

It's the biggest story ever to hit Scottish football. The reason we are all 'obsessing' with it, is because any final outcome will directly affect our own club, and our own club's situation.

I frankly don't care if it is Minty's fault or the stand-up guy's fault. Whoever is really to blame is irrelevant. You're fcuked no matter who was/is the biggest cnut out of two choice cnuts who both have 'cnut' tattooed large across their smug cnut faces.

It's nearly the final scene in Blade Runner... time to die.

Bit by bit:

The debt came down by about £14m in a period where the club earned £40m+ (i.e. it came down by about a third of that amount) from such income that could not be relied upon. Or, to look at it another way, without that income, your debt would increase by about £13-14m each season with the same expenditure.

Other cost cutting measures would have ensured that latter part (above) would come to fruition.

Ignoring the bit in brackets as it is either irrelevant, or see the point immediately above.

Megamillions were indeed still being spent. Just not insane megamillions. The OF have a 'disposable' income of pretty much zero. Prior to the Jelavic transfer, Rangers net spend in the last two years was about £4m*.

Your wages when Flo, de Boer et al were hanging around was £33m; in 2010 they were £28m. With a very much reduced squad in comparison to the Flo era, it has to be said.

I don't have 2011 wages figures and can't be arsed looking them up tbh, but would expect them to be much the same as 2010s.

*net spends are strange, especially when looking at reported figures. Generally speaking, when selling a player, a club will receive around 75% of the reported amount (it's actually anywhere between 0% and 100%), conversely they do actually pay out 100% of the amounts reported (assuming figures are accurate) and often some more :ph34r:

Tell that to the creditors mad.gif

What if another team were going tits up and owed Rangers millions for 1 of your better players but you were about to get 1/10th of your cash, laugh it off as these things happen?

Scottish football is fed up because only 2 teams would get away this behaviour, the rest of us would be getting screwed royally from all angles with no lube.

The worst part is Rangers fans don't get why the fuss and want to blame everyone else for it mad.gif

Tell that to the creditors mad.gif

What if another team were going tits up and owed Rangers millions for 1 of your better players but you were about to get 1/10th of your cash, laugh it off as these things happen?

Scottish football is fed up because only 2 teams would get away this behaviour, the rest of us would be getting screwed royally from all angles with no lube.

The worst part is Rangers fans don't get why the fuss and want to blame everyone else for it mad.gif

I'm sure I wouldn't like it but that's the way the law of the land works. If you don't like that, take it up with the government.

I have no doubt Rangers fans would much rather we were in a position to pay these debts in full.

I'm sure I wouldn't like it but that's the way the law of the land works. If you don't like that, take it up with the government.

I have no doubt Rangers fans would much rather we were in a position to pay these debts in full.

It also says pay your taxes.

Well, yes, obviously.

Much along the lines that I wish I was in the position to pay the mortgage on that £12m estate I recently purchased. Oh no, that's right, I don't have to wish that as I didn't do that at all, because I'm not a complete and utter f*ckwit when it comes to money.

Yeah, I know.

You're also entitled to seek to minimise your tax liabilities within the law. Countless organisations and individuals do it.

Whyte simply didn't pay the bills but that's another matter.

No it's not another matter, it is the matter for discussion in this thread. Nice try.

To add to pollymac's point very few youngsters produced through Murray Park to either generate transfer income or save money on signings and contracts.

To be fair, Alan Hutton's one season of not being ripped to shreds by Darryl Duffy almost paid for Murray Park by itself. Add in the money it generated for Celtic on the sale of Beattie and same for Blackpool re Adam, then truthfully it's not all that bad.

Murray Park: making as much money for anybody else as it does for Rangers since 2001.

And it's still not 'owned' by Rangers.

Is it really that hard and complicated for Rangers fans to understand, you are due a shit load of money to people and do not have the means to pay it back.

doesn't matter who got you in the mess you simply can't afford the cash to hire a JCB to get out of it.

Well, yes, obviously.

Much along the lines that I wish I was in the position to pay the mortgage on that £12m estate I recently purchased. Oh no, that's right, I don't have to wish that as I didn't do that at all, because I'm not a complete and utter f*ckwit when it comes to money.

You're missing the point. Rangers fans really do not like the position the club is in. Our club is deep in the old doo-doo. Not that I want any sympathy, just a basic grasp of the situation. And remember that various clubs have had dubious owners from Robert Maxwell to Shinawatra and so on, just to get things in perspective.

You're also entitled to seek to minimise your tax liabilities within the law. Countless organisations and individuals do it.

Curious.

First part is fair game, yes?

And what about those organisations who do so outside of the law?

Yeah, I know.

Whyte simply didn't pay the bills but that's another matter.

8)

ffs enough already. I appreciate the reasoned answers, but just admit that you've been financially doping/cheating for years.

Not even getting into the sectarian shit, the financial cheating is enough to make the rest of us puke.