Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not going to argue with bearwithme. He has his own entrenched view of the situation and anything posted here won't change his mind.

It's a waste of time trying to have a reasoned discussion/argument with any of the bigot followers. Entrenched view is an understatement.

I doubt if it is, to be honest.

I admit to knowing even less about such things than a Rangers fan, but surely this would have emerged before now. Is there not a distinction to be drawn between the name of the company and that of the team?

Middlesborough and Leeds have also emerged as NewCos, but without changing name.

I'd dearly love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it.

Leeds was my first thought then also about the loads of dodgy double glazing and sofa firms that close down and re-emerge with apparent name variations. However a quick wiki showed that Leeds were never actually liquidated. Bates did his smoke and mirrors trick by manipulating administration. I didn't look any further admittedly.

I admit it does seem too good to be true though.

I doubt if it is, to be honest.

I admit to knowing even less about such things than a Rangers fan, but surely this would have emerged before now. Is there not a distinction to be drawn between the name of the company and that of the team?

Middlesborough and Leeds have also emerged as NewCos, but without changing name.

I'd dearly love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it.

Why were Aidrionians not allowed to use the old name and had to become Airdrie Utd?

Why were Aidrionians not allowed to use the old name and had to become Airdrie Utd?

(b)it is a name which is so similar to a name falling within paragraph (a) as to suggest an association with that company.

I would have thought that any name including Airdrie would be similar to Airdrionians and/or suggest association with them. My hopes are fading already.

(b)it is a name which is so similar to a name falling within paragraph (a) as to suggest an association with that company.

I would have thought that any name including Airdrie would be similar to Airdrionians and/or suggest association with them. My hopes are fading already.

Airdrie is the name of a town and I would assume any company based in a town could adopt the name of said town, Glasgow Rangers newco could adopt the Glasgow part of the name no problem but I think they'd struggle to justify using the Rangers part.

Airdrie is the name of a town and I would assume any company based in a town could adopt the name of said town, Glasgow Rangers newco could adopt the Glasgow part of the name no problem but I think they'd struggle to justify using the Rangers part.

Going by the above, it looks as if the fact it is a geographical name wouldn't be a consideration. I suppose a company using the local name that went bust had already had their chance to use the city/town name and blown it.

The blue bigots aren't actually Glasgow Rangers. They are The Rangers Football Club I believe so if the above is right there is no way they could use the words Rangers again. Please.

Clachnacuddin FC 1990 Ltd had no problem registering, when Clachnacuddin FC Ltd went into liquidation. And the company name doesn't have to be the footballing name, officially or colloquially. We saw Stirling Albion apply to SFL to include Compare-the-Meerkat in their return name for sponsorship reasons, I doubt they were actually renaming the limited company.

If anyone had bothered to read the Insolvency Act 2006, they'd have chanced upon this note on names.

So Newco Rangers can't use the word Rangers.

Clachnacuddin FC 1990 Ltd had no problem registering, when Clachnacuddin FC Ltd went into liquidation. And the company name doesn't have to be the footballing name, officially or colloquially. We saw Stirling Albion apply to SFL to include Compare-the-Meerkat in their return name for sponsorship reasons, I doubt they were actually renaming the limited company.

Nuff said?

Nuff said?

Fair enough.

As I said, though, the official Ltd company naming isn't automatically the colloquial footballing name.

EDIT: And even if they did fall foul of that quoted clause - through having previous directors formally involved - presumably they could use 'Glasgow Gers' or similar for X period of time, until changing it over to Rangers.

It seems a vain hope, basically.

Edited by HibeeJibee

If anyone had bothered to read the Insolvency Act 2006, they'd have chanced upon this note on names.

some folk need to read post closer, the act was changed in 2006 so things that happened before may no longer be allowed. those that make the laws may have noticed companies going under to return with similar names very soon after and wish to lower this happening

More nonsense from the Bear's Den.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=216270&st=0

However I do admire a couple of the guys including the OP who live in the real world. As for the rest who believe that "it is normal to chuck away a 15 point lead" and "those f*ckers would have chucked away an 8 point lead between now and the end of the season" they are just a total bunch of w*nk*rs.

I hope the good guys manage to stay afloat in the sea of sh*te into which they have been cast though something tells me they are probably moles who really don't give a toss about what happens to the blue scum and are just having fun stirring things up. :lol:

More nonsense from the Bear's Den.

http://forum.rangers...pic=216270&st=0

However I do admire a couple of the guys including the OP who live in the real world.

Yeah the OP sounds like a swell guy with his talk of 'the piggery' and '****** tramps'.

Only in the upside down world of Rangers, can such an unpleasant bigot emerge as some sort of good guy.

Yeah the OP sounds like a swell guy with his talk of 'the piggery' and '****** tramps'.

Only in the upside down world of Rangers, can such an unpleasant bigot emerge as some sort of good guy.

If he's there to stir up the sh*t he has to spout out some of that crap just to prevent getting banned. I could do it myself if I fancied swimming in a sea of filth.