Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It is disgraceful that this question has not been asked of Sally, Walter Smith etc. At least Alex Thomson proved the Greig received money from and EBT

Two possible ways of approaching this with Uncle Walter:

"Walter - when you deserted Scotland and returned to Rangers, were you aware that they had been systematically cheating HMRC? And were you offered a similar deal to those under which players were contracted?"

OR

"Walter - now we all know you had no idea what was going on, and only picked the team. How do you feel about the way SDM and the board effectively lied to you and the fans over how the club was being run?"

Guess which approach the Scottish "media" will take?

"Walter - when you deserted Scotland and returned to Rangers, were you aware that they had been systematically cheating HMRC? And were you offered a similar deal to those under which players were contracted?"

OR

"Walter - now we all know you had no idea what was going on, and only picked the team. How do you feel about the way SDM and the board effectively lied to you and the fans over how the club was being run?"

Yer ,,,EBT takers you all no you took part in a tax loophole that kills rangers dead how do you feel about that? And any plans to pay this so called loan back to save the club?

OR

lol....I doubt they will ever ask Sir Walter to be honest.

This is the same media that you could hear a mouse fart in a press conference after Rangers 4-1 humbling at home to Unirea after all !

OR

Walter, do you agree that Scottish Football needs a strong Rangers?

Walter does the big hoose have to stay open?

Walter just how great are Rangers as an institution?

I've just saved most of the Scottish press a week's 'work' 8)

Yer ,,,EBT takers you all no you took part in a tax loophole that kills rangers dead how do you feel about that? And any plans to pay this so called loan back to save the club?

The loans weren't from the club. They were from a trust.

Can't say I'm bothered about which particular individuals used EBTs. It was the club's and Murray Group's scheme and it seems to have been pretty common practice at the club.

I like the idea of a mass supporters rally or some such but it always runs the risk of being taken over by the wrong elements.

Yes, there is a high possibility of some political organisation thinking they can get some 'following' by jumping on the band wagon.

There is however very simple things that can be done, nobody goes to their seats or remains outside the ground for the first 5 minutes, or gets up and goes away from their seats for 5 mins at a preordained time all over the country. Just enough to show the chairmen that their grounds could well be close to empty if they allow this to happen.

Need to wait and see what the outcome of 30th April is but there is plenty of options.

The loans weren't from the club. They were from a trust.

Can't say I'm bothered about which particular individuals used EBTs. It was the club's and Murray Group's scheme and it seems to have been pretty common practice at the club.

Whatever way you want to cut it..it's a tax dodge I don't care if it was rangers who paid for it or MIM or Murray loans or whatever at the end of the day anyone who took one of these pretend loans knew it was a tax dodge and that is why your club may die ...if someone in your work said we can double your wages if you just agree. To take less than half your wages from us and the rest from a loan from another company (by the way youll never need to pay back wink wink) what do you say?

That's the practice you are trying to defend regardless of .....common practise ...blah blah all the high earners had agents accountants and they all knew exactly what the risks were,,,the only reason reason rangers could afford all the great players in the Murray era was because most of them took this giving rangers an unfair advantage to the tune of over 100 million.

Now its you and fellow fans that are being begged by Smith McCoist and other tax dodgers save the club while they and their families can relax in the knowledge that theyre tax dodging has given them a cushy life.

Whatever way you want to cut it..it's a tax dodge I don't care if it was rangers who paid for it or MIM or Murray loans or whatever at the end of the day anyone who took one of these pretend loans knew it was a tax dodge and that is why your club may die ...if someone in your work said we can double your wages if you just agree. To take less than half your wages from us and the rest from a loan from another company (by the way youll never need to pay back wink wink) what do you say?

That's the practice you are trying to defend regardless of .....common practise ...blah blah all the high earners had agents accountants and they all knew exactly what the risks were,,,the only reason reason rangers could afford all the great players in the Murray era was because most of them took this giving rangers an unfair advantage to the tune of over 100 million.

Now its you and fellow fans that are being begged by Smith McCoist and other tax dodgers save the club while they and their families can relax in the knowledge that theyre tax dodging has given them a cushy life.

Calm down. It was a common tax planning device, used by hundreds of companies. Countless companies, firms and individuals look to reduce their tax liabilities. If we've messed it up we could pay a heavy price, but that remains to be seen.

Calm down. It was a common tax planning device, used by hundreds of companies. Countless companies, firms and individuals look to reduce their tax liabilities. If we've messed it up we could pay a heavy price, but that remains to be seen.

I admire your optimism.....that despite practically every Financial & Taxation Expert in the UK saying the contrary.

Yeah hundreds of tax dodging companies,,,that's why hmrc won resptrospective powers to hammer companies like rangers last year. :)

Yeah hundreds of tax dodging companies,,,that's why hmrc won resptrospective powers to hammer companies like rangers last year. :)

The taxman is constantly trying to crack down on tax planning. Companies, individuals and their accountants are constantly trying to come up with new ways to reduce tax liabilities. If you're going to get hysterical about every one you'll be in a pretty bad state. 8)

Incidentally, do you know your team are playing right now? ;)

Edited by Bearwithme

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. :)

And I have no optimism. Or pessimism. I really don't know which way it will go.

The very fact that your clubs owner (Craig Whyte) has virtually conceded that Rangers will lose the case by taking the club into administration PRIOR to the case being decided should tell you something.

I don't care what anyone thinks..........Craig Whyte's plan was ALWAYS to liquidate Rangers then start as a debt free Newco and sell for a profit.