Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's the first time I've ever read his blog.. :lol: ..bloody hell he makes even your questionable journalistic skills worthy of a Pulitzer.. :P

Seriously though, he strikes me as someone who is writing that stuff on the wall of his cell using a crayon with his feet because he is tightly bound in a straight jacket.

How dare you :P

I have this vision of Leggo slaving away late at night over an old word processor working his way through a bottle of whisky and a pack of Woodbines as he slaves to make his self-imposed "deadline". Either that or he uses voice recognition software, which would CERTAINLY explain the random CAPITALISATION of certain WORDS!

he is well worth reading - not to gain information or to get an insight but just for a good laugh to start the day.

That's the first time I've ever read his blog.. :lol: ..bloody hell he makes even your questionable journalistic skills worthy of a Pulitzer.. :P

Seriously though, he strikes me as someone who is writing that stuff on the wall of his cell using a crayon with his feet because he is tightly bound in a straight jacket.

I was thinking some of that was tinfoil on the ceilings stuff.

Would advise people to have a look at Leggo Land TODAY! He's always worth a read but today is a particularly noteworthy effort in the comedy stakes.

And so to Alex Thomson. Like Creep, he is a useful idiot to those whose very existence is based on bigotry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel I need to wash now though. :(

I have this vision of Leggo slaving away late at night over an old word processor working his way through a bottle of whisky and a pack of Woodbines as he slaves to make his self-imposed "deadline". Either that or he uses voice recognition software, which would CERTAINLY explain the random CAPITALISATION of certain WORDS!

I suddenly have visions of Leggat being in Naked Lunch, rubbing powder into his typewriter as the amber of the street lights flicker in through the curtains only to wake up next morning with no memory but a new article written.

Wouldn't have thought being called "something" Rangers would be an issue as there is already Berwick Rangers, Cove Rangers, Brora Rangers and Cambuslang Rangers.

Those bears are so loyal I'm sure they'll pay top dollar even in Div 3

As for playing somewhere - I concur with earlier thoughts of sharing at Firhill giving Partick a million pounds a year and some Domestos too kepp the place tidy,

Doesn't matter what team they have - they will be despised as a club by most fans in the country.

If Thistle start to call themselves PaTRick Thistle and then "irishise" it to Padraig Thistle you won't see the bears within a hundred miles of Firhill. :lol:

There have been a spate of posts recently along the lines of 'next season we'll see Rangers, in the SPL, in blue, same crest, same standard of squad, no punishment, scot free'. Indeed, it was my own view on the very first post in this thread. However, if that were to happen - let's try to deal with hard facts. What would actually need to take place for there to be NO discernable change, except that Rangers are debt free?

I just can't see it. Someone explain to me how that could happen. Their squad are only taking temporary cuts, and will either walk away, or be re-instated to old wage levels. How can Rangers afford this? The big tax case is a huge unknown, Haudit & Daudit's bill is millions already, no-one with any serious wedge (like Man City or QPR owners) wants them. There's the Ticketus uncertainty, income streams like kit sales and catering are max-ed out, and there's Whyte as majority shareholder. Ibrox itself needs renovation, there's the unpaid taxes from Whyte's reign, charges of disrepute, no Europe, no accounts filed, possible illegal EBTs... I could go on.

Someone, calmly and logically, please tell me how the fcuk Rangers can possibly carry on without as much as a scratch. What chain of events and decisions can possibly make that happen?

Would the cynic in me be right in thinking that they will hold off any decision until after the OF game in order to get the money in from that? Maybe I'm exaggerating how much income a game like that generates considering the league is now over.

As the upcoming OF game is a league fixture, the Gers get no income from it apart from a share of the TV money. That ain't going to make much a difference given the debt they've amassed cheating their way to upteen honours. They're f*cked and I'm polishing my dancing shoes!. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone, calmly and logically, please tell me how the fcuk Rangers can possibly carry on without as much as a scratch. What chain of events and decisions can possibly make that happen?

I think it's more a case that it'll be Rangers in all but name. A newco is created, the current company liquidated and the new one allowed into the SPL and bearing (no pun intended) all the hallmarks of the current regime. They'll incur penalties for being a newco but in essence they will have backers willing to fund a new company because the slate had been wiped clean and there is an already existing market for fans and merchandising.

As the upcoming OF game is a league fixture, the Gers get no income from it apart from a share of the TV money.

Enough to pay the administrators? ;)

Edited by Ric

There have been a spate of posts recently along the lines of 'next season we'll see Rangers, in the SPL, in blue, same crest, same standard of squad, no punishment, scot free'. Indeed, it was my own view on the very first post in this thread. However, if that were to happen - let's try to deal with hard facts. What would actually need to take place for there to be NO discernable change, except that Rangers are debt free?

I just can't see it. Someone explain to me how that could happen. Their squad are only taking temporary cuts, and will either walk away, or be re-instated to old wage levels. How can Rangers afford this? The big tax case is a huge unknown, Haudit & Daudit's bill is millions already, no-one with any serious wedge (like Man City or QPR owners) wants them. There's the Ticketus uncertainty, income streams like kit sales and catering are max-ed out, and there's Whyte as majority shareholder. Ibrox itself needs renovation, there's the unpaid taxes from Whyte's reign, charges of disrepute, no Europe, no accounts filed, possible illegal EBTs... I could go on.

They cant, not unless a series of events unfolds that would make them valuable. 1) a cheap CVA is agreed, 2) no penalties which makes them investable.

Obviously Miller's bid is looking to put pressure on the SPL to not impose any penalties and he's only going to invest if they dont, they obviously cant accept this but if its the only bid would the SPL roll over and allow them to come out unscathed? Id worry that they would do exactly that.

If Thistle start to call themselves PaTRick Thistle and then "irishise" it to Padraig Thistle you won't see the bears within a hundred miles of Firhill. :lol:

Nice work, my fat fingers let me down again. Would Rangers supply the domestos? I assume they'd prefer the blue one to the green one.

Partick Rangers Thistle sounds a wee bit unnatural like Inverness Caledonian Thistle...:P

I'm with you. When the contracts go back up in June give or take a few quid they are returning to a lose making structure that will be losing approx £1Mill a month. Everything needs renegotiated in terms of contracts and the players they can afford.

There will not be a single club on the planet that will sell a player to Rangers without cash up front - the trust is gone.

The income streams are knackered, Ticketus, kit sales, catering all first bits go elsewhere for putting sufficient funds into the club. No Euro football income for at least one and if I undestand the UEFA Newco rules 3 years.

And this before they even get around to phoning the Tax-man and asking for the final bill after the FTT decision.

Financially Rangers will not have a couple of grand to offer teams in SFL3 money for players never mind a jelavic from Rapid Vienna.

Poz, it isn't going to happen. If it did, Scottish football would be dead. as much as some football officials would love to allow it to happen there is an unprecedented level of anger at the prospect amongst fans of all other clubs.

Agree. I understand that if a Newco Rangers are to carry on unscathed, they'd at the very least need a cheap CVA, and the SPL to take it up the arse, but the longer the dynamic administration duo fanny about, the less chance I see of anything remotely positive for Rangers happening. I fear an 'unscathed' scenario myself, but by Christ, I can't see how that can possibly happen. The amount of shite they are swimming in is overwhelming.

On the flip side I don't see why it won't happen. Obviously it won't be Rangers, but Govan United of whatever, but they'll still have a huge market in terms of merchandising and a massive fanbase in comparison to other clubs barring Celtic. A liquidated OldCo would remove the debt and wipe the slate clean, a NewCo brought into the SPL so that there are still essentially OF games (albeit not technically) and the points deduction and inability to be in Europe for a couple of years wouldn't hamper them greatly.

The only fair result is, if Rangers are liquidated, is that an already established club is voted into the SFL at the bottom tier and any Govan United starts off in the juniors, but while that is fair in the eyes of the fans it's not going to be accepted by our club chairmen who see the OF thanks to the TV deal as essential in terms of keeping their clubs in the black.

For a zillion different reasons, Rangers need to be in the SPL, both for themselves and for the rest of the SPL clubs. Hopefully the non-OF clubs manage to chisel out a deal that goes a wee bit more in their favour that the current one does (but which they were party to originally!). Remember that the SPL was set up to allow it to do its own thing, so if the other clubs want Rangers in, that's what'll happen and the rules (such as they may be) will be changed in order to make that happen.

Don't expect any admirably moral decisions by the new owners; they (and the administrators) are looking to get the best possible financial deal. Morals don't come into it. If that means creditors getting screwed, that's what will happen. Rangers could come back as, (for example) Rangers 2012 or AFC Rangers and no one would ever refer to them as that. In a year or two, it'll all be forgotten and it'll be business as usual. It happened with Fiorentina and it's happened in plenty of cases down south.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Agree. I understand that if a Newco Rangers are to carry on unscathed, they'd at the very least need a cheap CVA, and the SPL to take it up the arse, but the longer the dynamic administration duo fanny about, the less chance I see of anything remotely positive for Rangers happening. I fear an 'unscathed' scenario myself, but by Christ, I can't see how that can possibly happen. The amount of shite they are swimming in is overwhelming.

A newco wouldnt need a CVA.

If they end up with a newco then I suppose that all existing deals for merchandise/catering/ticket sales would be void and they could start again - that would bring in cash.

They'd still have no euro cash/no players or players on TUPEd terms that they couldn't afford/possible points and financial penalties even if the SPL let them back in.

I still think they're fecked...

There is absolutely no way any further bad news will come out this week with the OF match happening this weekend.

Next monday though they can go nuts, liquidation, incubation ,changing their colours to green and white.

Good point. They have been deluding themselves since day one that this is about their season and their upcoming bigotfest games rather than going bust I remember on the day of "the big hoose must stay open" quote another punter soundbite on the beeb was:

"That's the league gone this year then."

I wonder if they get it yet?