Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've not suggested that Rangers will emerge from this without so much as a scratch, hence my use of the term 'flesh wound'. Elsewhere, I've referred to a stint on the naughty step, and such like.

They will take a hit, but it will be disproportionately small when held against the extent of their apparent wrong-doing over many, many years.

I have a theory as to how this is going to pan out.

The SPL will dress up their collective decision to allow a Newco Rangers (assuming liquidation does ultimately occur) straight back into the league as a reasonable position as Sky have them 'between a rock and a hard place', and it is a necessary concession in order to save our game. Meantime, they'll claim that this whole scenario has been a salutary lesson for everyone, and there is now a need to press ahead with their financial fair play proposals to safeguard against future occurences - after the fact from the Rangers scenario perspective (after all, they can't move the goalposts whilst this pans out....).

Rangers will take a financial hit, but they will maintain their very significant fanbase, sponsorship deals, commercial revenue, substantial cut of the TV money etc...etc... They'll be back in Europe in jig time, and everything will be as before.

For a CVA, read as a similar outcome.

Assuming they get liquidated and a newco is formed, then re all this business about them going to division 3 instead of SPL.... initially I was up in arms about them getting back into the SPL but the Rangers fans hate the idea of restarting in SPL under a points handicap. They know they couldn't win the league and they might end up 3rd... for a bigot gloryhunter that is a fate worse than death.

I basically want the polar opposite of what Rangers fans want... my main consideration is that they suffer. If newco Rangers in the SPL with a points penalty is what hurts those b*****ds the most, then that is what I want to happen.

Imagine them in SFL3, all piling up to Montrose and giving it the big 'un, trashing the place, flying their union jacks and scudding teams 6-0. Their knuckledraggers would lap it all up.

So.... we should continue to tell the SPL chairmen how horrified we are that they are getting back into the SPL, the chairmen will hopefully react by imposing an even greater points penalty on them to try and pacifiy us all. It's a win-win situation.

I've not suggested that Rangers will emerge from this without so much as a scratch, hence my use of the term 'flesh wound'. Elsewhere, I've referred to a stint on the naughty step, and such like.

They will take a hit, but it will be disproportionately small when held against the extent of their apparent wrong-doing over many, many years.

I have a theory as to how this is going to pan out.

The SPL will dress up their collective decision to allow a Newco Rangers (assuming liquidation does ultimately occur) straight back into the league as a reasonable position as Sky have them 'between a rock and a hard place', and it is a necessary concession in order to save our game. Meantime, they'll claim that this whole scenario has been a salutary lesson for everyone, and there is now a need to press ahead with their financial fair play proposals to safeguard against future occurences - after the fact from the Rangers scenario perspective (after all, they can't move the goalposts whilst this pans out....).

Rangers will take a financial hit, but they will maintain their very significant fanbase, sponsorship deals, commercial revenue, substantial cut of the TV money etc...etc... They'll be back in Europe in jig time, and everything will be as before.

For a CVA, read as a similar outcome.

CVA would certainly be a better result for everyone else as it means they will be crippled for many a year to come, theres no reason why they shouldnt go the newco route its the best thing for them since they will get let back in.

So.... we should continue to tell the SPL chairmen how horrified we are that they are getting back into the SPL, the chairmen will hopefully react by imposing an even greater points penalty on them to try and pacifiy us all. It's a win-win situation.

There's a fatal flaw in this reasoning, IMO.

I strongly suspect (and I'm basing this on having had a lengthy discussion with a very high ranking official at an SPL club), that, as I've suggested above, any increased penalties will be introduced after the Rangers situation has played itself out. They'll use the current scenario as a 'wake up call', but won't feel the need to hammer Rangers on the basis that they can't be seen to be changing the rules as this rumbles on. That could be regarded as unfair!

No, this will be whitewashed, and held up as the tipping point whereby it was decided that tougher regulations would have to be in place. Rangers (or whatever they choose to call themselves) will slither back through the door before it closes.

CVA would certainly be a better result for everyone else as it means they will be crippled for many a year to come, theres no reason why they shouldnt go the newco route its the best thing for them since they will get let back in.

Even at 8p in the £? They might be crippled if held against Celtic, but not in relation to the rest of us diddies.

There's a fatal flaw in this reasoning, IMO.

I strongly suspect (and I'm basing this on having had a lengthy discussion with a very high ranking official at an SPL club), that, as I've suggested above, any increased penalties will be introduced after the Rangers situation has played itself out. They'll use the current scenario as a 'wake up call', but won't feel the need to hammer Rangers on the basis that they can't be seen to be changing the rules as this rumbles on. That could be regarded as unfair!

No, this will be whitewashed, and held up as the tipping point whereby it was decided that tougher regulations would have to be in place. Rangers (or whatever they choose to call themselves) will slither back through the door before it closes.

Interesting.

Not palatable but interesting.

Interesting.

Not palatable but interesting.

Aye, I think this is something few of us had considered (I count myself in that number until having taken time to reflect further on the SPL proposals).

I think there is a get-out clause for all parties, here, in that they could argue (perhaps with some perverted justification), that it wouldn't be fair or reasonable to change the rules and impose them on Rangers while their situation remains unresolved - in much the same way that you couldn't have someone up for a criminal charge only to introduce a new law with which to hammer them mid-trial.

Even at 8p in the £? They might be crippled if held against Celtic, but not in relation to the rest of us diddies.

It wouldnt be as low as that and whoever buys the club will have to pay the CVA costs to take over the club. They will still have the ticketus scenario to repay over x amount of years which would be paying what a million a year over years, enough to make a big difference to their squad Id imagine.

It wouldnt be as low as that and whoever buys the club will have to pay the CVA costs to take over the club. They will still have the ticketus scenario to repay over x amount of years which would be paying what a million a year over years, enough to make a big difference to their squad Id imagine.

I'm not sure what the figures would be, but my hunch is that they will struggle to compete with Celtic for, say 3 - 4 years, but will still be some way ahead of the rest.

Poz, it isn't going to happen. If it did, Scottish football would be dead. as much as some football officials would love to allow it to happen there is an unprecedented level of anger at the prospect amongst fans of all other clubs.

Is there though? Or is it just on message boards such as these and individual club ones? The people posting on P & B (and club forums) are a minority of football fans, no?

And in what way would this anger be expressed next season when Revamped Rangers are strutting their stuff in the SPL (which I think they will be)?

Boycott of Rangers game/s at your club's ground? Boycott of Ibrox match/es? Never go back at all?

Or what? (I don't know the answer, and if I were still living in Scotland/ a regular at Pittodrie I don't know what I would do).

I would think so, for one thing the High Court is a criminal court.

As I said, likely to be pash.

I think they were suggesting it was the High Court in London. Unsure how that would work given that H&D were appointed at the Court of Session in Embra.

The greatest business minds in the world couldn't make sense of this complete mire of a story.

So, uh, it's good we have the Scottish footballing media to keep us right unsure.gif