Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just read this on the BBC

"It is the sheer lack of any commercial sense to this ruling that has shocked us," a source close to the club's emergency regime told the BBC.

"It is a bit like a court telling the administrator of an engineering company that they can survive but they're not allowed to trade any stock.

"The buying and selling of players is a fundamental activity for any club, and any person with even a hint of commercial acumen will be greatly alarmed by this ruling, and the prospect of what might come next."

The source said the transfer ban would make it almost impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team next season, and that could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues.

It would also seriously hinder Rangers' chances of the early return to European competition that they so badly need to balance their books.

It absolutely beggars belief. Commercial acumen has nothing to with it, this is a sporting punishment, how hard is that to understand? "Impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team" - TOUGH!

But the crowning turd in the waterworks has to be that last line. :o

Edited by Mr X

Am I the only one who has no sympathy here as livi and Gretna were hammered and suffered as a result in know it was SFL and not the SPL but they both answer to the SFA??

It absolutely beggars belief. Commercial acumen has nothing to with it, this is a sporting punishment, how hard is that to understand? "Impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team" - TOUGH!

I'd be interested to know what they define "competitive" as. They don't have a divine right to be in the top 2.

What a difference a day makes. I thought this forum would get to about 560 before we had a result. We don't have a result yet, but Ragners seriously are fucked now.

The SFA have made things extremely difficult for them and I don't like Rangers chances of wiggling out of the legalities - remembering that THEY HAVE BROKEN MANY LAWS HERE.

The HMRC willg o in the the kill soon and we'll be put out of their misery.

RangersMedia has shown us how ridiulous the Bears are being about this and how irrelevant they have become. I am owrried about the wrap this is giving all of us. Rangers have been rorting the system for quite a while.

I like a wee example from Australia where they striped a Rugby League team of Championships because of financial irregularites which contrevened their salary cap -> Start ripping those stars of the kit. If the HMRC can prove negligent wrong doing then perhaps the SFA can strip them of any titles earned in the meantime.

This wee forum and optional add-on links including Rangers Media have made this an extremely entertaining experience.:D

The arrogant sense of entitlement and self importance shown by rangers fans in reaction to all this ris what really rips my knitting.

It will be a great day for Scottish footbal when they finally die.

I imagine when the do go it will be like the end of Return of the Jedi with all the Ewoks dancing and rejoicing. Han and Chewie sitting round a fire in St Mirren tops laughing. The funeral pyre burns on and everyone is happy. Except Neil Lennon... he will still be ragin'

Went to bed, woke up and to went work (Thailand time), had a beer and logged on as usual. At least 30 pages have passed by. Tried to read through, however, couldn't with excitement (and beer goggles).Fast forward to here 361

Few questions from the ex-pats. What the f*ck happened? SFA take stance? 12 month embargo, is that all or........

Are they dead ? I f*ckin hope so.

Only positive responses please. Funny also welcome.

rankers die, I may be over the other side of the world, but the dancing shoes(flip flops) are polished (new of course) and ready!

edit as drunk with joy

Edited by SlipperyP

It wouldn't do too much damage.

Kilmarnock are a club who pay our taxes, and year on year are significantly reducing our debts. So the death of Rangers would mean we're minus two Old Firm gates a season.... Great.

Moreover, any time I'm in Kilmarnock town centre you very rarely (if ever) see a Kilmarnock shirt. No, it's always Rangers or Celtic. So if one of those two cancerous leeches of society vanish we may just have a generation coming through that would support *insert dramatic sharp intake of breath* their local team. And that wouldn't be just a Kilmarnock thing.

So in summary, I hope Rangers die a very slow and painful death.

Aye, same for Motherwell, in fact most of Lanarkshire, Ayrshire etc.

Let then die.

This talk of the league becoming as poor as the Irish or Welsh leagues makes me laugh. Yes, the Welsh league which has just announced a massive average attendance for 11/12 of 314. And the League of Ireland? Actually, we're probably getting there on that one already - in terms of on field performance anyway. Shamrock Rovers essentially got further than any Scottish team in Europe last year bar Celtic who got their reprieve.

"It is the sheer lack of any commercial sense to this ruling that has shocked us," a source close to the club's emergency regime told the BBC.

"It is a bit like a court telling the administrator of an engineering company that they can survive but they're not allowed to trade any stock.

"The buying and selling of players is a fundamental activity for any club, and any person with even a hint of commercial acumen will be greatly alarmed by this ruling, and the prospect of what might come next."

The source said the transfer ban would make it almost impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team next season, and that could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues.

It would also seriously hinder Rangers' chances of the early return to European competition that they so badly need to balance their books.

Can they not understand two simple facts,

They do not have a right to finish 1st or 2nd ever season. Finishing 10th would be competitive with Hibs & Aberdeen this season.

They are knackered for Europe for at least 3 years as if they become Newco those are the rules or if they fail to get audited accounts those are the rules.

Haudit & Daudit have only been there a couple of months and already believe it is only rightful they are getting the cash for 1st or 2nd in the league and getting the Euro money and Sky money.

These are bonuses for perfoming well not something you need to keep you afloat and decide to do so by cheating the system - arseholes.

And the League of Ireland? Actually, we're probably getting there on that one already - in terms of on field performance anyway. Shamrock Rovers essentially got further than any Scottish team in Europe last year bar Celtic who got their reprieve.

Yep, we're on such a par with them that the Shamrock Rovers keeper chose to come and sit on St Johnstone's bench rather than play in the Europa Cup with them.

Their leaflet about the protest is the same, it mentions that the SFA has a responsibility over their competitiveness in Europe and to maintain any takeover bid. It simply does not. The chickens are coming home to roost!

Am I the only one who has no sympathy here as livi and Gretna were hammered and suffered as a result in know it was SFL and not the SPL but they both answer to the SFA??

Nope, I reckon the overwhelming majority on here have no sympathy... :lol:

Yep, we're on such a par with them that the Shamrock Rovers keeper chose to come and sit on St Johnstone's bench rather than play in the Europa Cup with them.

Perhaps you, somehow, didn't pick up on the fact I was laughing at the notion of our league being as poor as the two aforementioned leagues? Shamrock Rovers have a few players who are 1st division level in this country and I was merely highlighting the Old Firm's rather dire attempts at Europe recently. It is a fact that though, barring Celtic's get out, the LOI would have outgunned the SPL in Europe this year.

Perhaps you, somehow, didn't pick up on the fact I was laughing at the notion of our league being as poor as the two aforementioned leagues? Shamrock Rovers have a few players who are 1st division level in this country and I was merely highlighting the Old Firm's rather dire attempts at Europe recently. It is a fact that though, barring Celtic's get out, the LOI would have outgunned the SPL in Europe this year.

I read, somehow, that you started to mock but appeared to change tack halfway through, as you have done again. A freak run by one club basically means nothing when comparing standards.