Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Swallow Hotel, fast food outlets near Ibrox, pubs and stuff... WTF do they have to do with what the SPL and SFA should solely be concerning themselves with? All they should be doing is acting fairly and without fear or favour in 'dealing with' Rangers FC.

My club moved stadiums. The Cosmo (an excellent fish and chip shop) on Love Street has lost matchday business. Similarly the famous Wee Barrel pub on Love Street will have lost business. So will the grocer shop on the corner right next to our old ground. When our directors were sitting around the table deciding to move St Mirren to a new home - does anyone think they said "This stadium move will save the club, but what about the effect on the Cosmo Chippy?" No. No. No... with all due respect to the Cosmo Chippy, an establishment I have personally frequented since Sir Alex Ferguson's days at Love Street in 1977.

If the SPL sit around the table tomorrow, and anyone says "Right, Rangers are guilty of X, Y, and Z... but hold on, what about sales of Zinger twisters in the KFC on Paisley Road West?" - then I will personally travel to Hampden and kick them in the stones.

It shouldn't matter to the clubs, but the local MSP, MP and probably even Alex Salmond will have been on the phone to Messrs Regan and Doncaster to say "look lads, we don't want any job losses here, if you know what I mean". Community issues can't be disassociated from football because there are so many vested interests in Rangers. I don't think it should count, but the chairmen and owners have to look after themselves and they will have been made aware of the stakes. To take your example, what was to stop The Cosmo putting in an objection to planning permission? So what's to stop the owner of a local establishment round Ibrox calling up their MSP saying "you've got to help Rangers", the MSP passing the message on to the SPL and the SFA and it being another thing for them to consider. I agree that it's a minor part of the overall financial consideration around Rangers, but it's going to influence the decisions of governing bodies.

If this was nothing but a matter of sporting integrity, then Rangers would be dead already and, with the sheer scale of cheating, good riddance. But for the John Yorkston's of this world, it's much more than a matter of sporting integrity. Paying the bills comes first. The real question is "what is the cost of sporting integrity?"

Does that factor in the loss of roughly 30,000 from each home gate?

That was the £17.7m per season in lost matchday revenue

It's not really going to matter what happens today. A cva isn't going to happen, and TBK and Miller are only pissing about trying to look good. One can't afford to run the club, and the other is just looking to make money out of the bones.

The club is being allowed to limp to the end of the season, whilst it gives a chance for the management and players to kiss the badge and tell everyone how much the club and fans mean to them and how they hope to still be playing for rankgers next season.

The reality is ALL of their agents are touting them around england already for next season.

They are making noises about how ther young lads are coming through, but in truth if the club hadnt gone into administration these boys wouldn't be in the first team.

No one has the balls to finally padlock the gates shut. But eventually it will happen.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

It's not really going to matter what happens today. A cva isn't going to happen, and TBK and Miller are only pissing about trying to look good. One can't afford to run the club, and the other is just looking to make money out of the bones.

The club is being allowed to limp to the end of the season, whilst it gives a chance for the management and players to kiss the badge and tell everyone how much the club and fans mean to them and how they hope to still be playing for rankgers next season.

The reality is ALL of their agents are touting them around england already for next season.

They are making noises about how ther young lads are coming through, but in truth if the club hadnt gone into administration these boys wouldn't be in the first team.

No one has the balls to finally padlock the gates shut. But eventually it will happen.

I agree with all of this - and no doubt the 'big guns' like McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, Edu... will have plenty of suitors. In regard to Rangers already refusing a bid for Naismith from WBA... very strange. Surely that was good money for an injured player? Worst. Administration. Ever.

No staff cuts. No player redundacies. No accepting big money offers. Jardine, McCoist, Macdowall, Durrant, goalkeeping coaches, you name it.... all still on the payroll at a sinking ship.

Hmm.

Don't think it's getting to the vote today. Gregory Ioannidis (Sammy's agent and Celtic lawyer) and Brian McInally (Mirror Journo) both reporting today that the liquidation has begun.

Didn't think they'd take that four horsemen banner so seriously!

Do you know what I am most looking forward to about this whole mess?

That I will no longer have to listen to the words, or should that be phrase, "Rangers Football Club" come out of Walter Mitty Smith or Sally McMoist's mouths again on tv and radio everytime they are interviewed.

It's annoyed the hell out of me for years!!!

1335773816[/url]' post='6187910']

Don't think it's getting to the vote today. Gregory Ioannidis (Sammy's agent and Celtic lawyer) and Brian McInally (Mirror Journo) both reporting today that the liquidation has begun.

You beat me to it. These seem pretty credible, or am I getting my hopes up too soon?

You beat me to it. These seem pretty credible, or am I getting my hopes up too soon?

Whats the ramifications if liquidation happens before the end of the season though? Surely it would be too much to hope for that, there would be no doubting instant relegation would happen to a newco if the oldco cant fulfil fixtures.

Complete and utter bullsh*t

My reply is to the Swallow nugget about hotels.

Ibrox - 19 Home league games + for argument 7 cup and friendly games = 26 games - That is once a fortnight over 12months.

Are you seriously arguing that is what is keep the hotel system of Glasgow afloat. Rangers having a home game, and exactly how many of the people attending stay over in hotels ? One conference / concert at SECC will cover that.

Edited by MEADOWXI

1335774446[/url]' post='6187924']

Whats the ramifications if liquidation happens before the end of the season though? Surely it would be too much to hope for that, there would be no doubting instant relegation would happen to a newco if the oldco cant fulfil fixtures.

They have to try and stagger on and fulfil the fixtures or there is no hope of any newco getting in by the back door. However, I was of the belief that Duff and Duffer had run out of cash but could not face liquidating before the OF game.

You mean the HMRC aren't gonnae get the chance to pish themselves laughing when whoever bought Rangers asked if they would accept 5% of their cash?sad.gif

I was really looking forward to the papers acting surprised that the taxman wasn't just going to bend over and lube up, especially given the number of times the papers have said "the taxman will do a deal"

When this thread and Rangers finishes a little part of me will die. This thread has been the most joyous part of me for quite a while but sadly all good things must come to an end. Still i will cheer myself up when i remember Rangers are gone.

How so? You've the Glasgow Swallow on Paisley Road - 5 mins walk from Ibrox. Full every game. Without any games at Ibrox, their weekend revenue will drop like a stone and they'd have to let people go. You've got Pizza Hut and KFC 5 mins walk away as well. Again, their income would drop massively. At the end of the day, Alex Salmond and HMRC don't care about sporting integrity, they care about numbers and job losses in Glasgow (not counting those who work at Ibrox) are hardly going to help the economy.

One debate I've read on this before that I think is interesting is a Dons fan who said he felt no pity for those working for Rangers in a non-footballing capacity (cleaners, etc) as "they know the history of the club and what it represents". That's as equally a callous way of looking at it as is just looking at figures. But I wrote those three blog posts to stir debate so, at the end of the day, any opinions stated on the posts, I'm more than happy to discuss because the more the numbers are discussed, the better we can understand the decisions SPL chairmen are going to make.

My barber at parkhead X shuts when Celtic are playing at home. So for Barbers sake shut down the Old Firm.

1335774446[/url]' post='6187924']

Oh, and I believe all results for the liquidating club are turned into a 3-0 defeat, if they dissolve before the end of the season. So they will finish on minus ten points.