Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Have a wee look at your Desmond's repeated mentions in the various corruption inquiry's in the South of Ireland and the tie in with De-beers of blood diamond fame merits a mention don't you think.

It probably merits a mention, but I'm at a loss as to why it's at all relevant.

Dunfermline feel left out sad.gif Hibs are not safe yet! To add to the above list, about 90-95% of our first team squad are out of contract (I'm unsure of an exact figure however it's quite high), I'm unsure about the youth players though. Our contingency plan was in place whether Rangers were there at the end of the season or not.

Sheesh, thought I done the lot, will edit...

Don't have the figures to hand but I wouldn't have thought Celtic have spent anywhere as much on transfer fees during that spell?

Rangers blew a ridiculous amount of money on Kyle Lafferty & Sebo

Fixed

Well if we are taking a holier than thou finance stance a wee glance in the mirror regarding Celtics benefactor is perhaps relevant.

Maybe because it is the soft loans from good ol dermott that has kept celtic going since Fergus left...How many share issues has he underwrote? 4 or 5 is it?

Well if we are taking a holier than thou finance stance a wee glance in the mirror regarding Celtics benefactor is perhaps relevant.

You know, I remember asking this last time you attempted to have a pop at Celtic, still never got an answer from you, so I'll ask again.

What team do you support? And please don't use the " I can't say because I'm a steward" line again. Your job ain't relevant.

Bit like your point

Not, it's not relevant at all. This about the methods of financing/propping up an SPL club, not the personal finances of shareholders.

I would imagine that amongst the very, very large number of Celtic shareholders that there are more than one or two who have been convicted of speeding, assault, murder and numerous other crimes. Which is also irrelevant.

Maybe because it is the soft loans from good ol dermott that has kept celtic going since Fergus left...How many share issues has he underwrote? 4 or 5 is it?

3, to an amount much, much less than the £51m put in by Moonbeams a few years ago and one of which where a large amount of the money went to Fergus McCann.

Really?

'He ripped off the Irish Taxpayer to cheat Celtic's path to titles'.

He bought shares in Celtic.

:lol:

With money he got from Government contracts he bribed Haughey to give him..

140 years of history says differently.. :rolleyes:

Actually 120 years of pandering to bigotry. The first twenty you were the sum total of f**k all in Scottish football, nothing more than Queen's Park, Third Lanark, Vale Of Leven and Renton's bitches.

A coincidence of course. <_<

Not, it's not relevant at all. This about the methods of financing/propping up an SPL club, not the personal finances of shareholders.

I would imagine that amongst the very, very large number of Celtic shareholders that there are more than one or two who have been convicted of speeding, assault, murder and numerous other crimes. Which is also irrelevant.

As long as Desmond has not put any money from his less that squeaky clean operation into the running of Celtic or acquiring assets its relevant but alas.

Actually 120 years of pandering to bigotry. The first twenty you were the sum total of f**k all in Scottish football, nothing more than Queen's Park, Third Lanark, Vale Of Leven and Renton's bitches.

A coincidence of course. <_<

Spot on without bigotry both of the ugly sisters would be little more than a large Partick Thistle (no offense intended to the Jags)

As long as Desmond has not put any money from his less that squeaky clean operation into the running of Celtic or acquiring assets its relevant but alas.

He told me just the other day that apart from his initial £4m investment in 1994, all of the shares in Celtic he's purchased since, has come from his London City mattress.

So how come, with all the financial cheating Rangers have been doing over the last 10-15 years that Celtic have pretty much matched them?

Penny wise vs Pound foolish. Celtic were VERY fortunate enough to have Fergus McCann come in and bring some financial sanity to the place.

The famous story about him and the late Tommy Burns over a bidding war with Rangers (and McCann being something of the wee boy calling out the truth of the King's new clothes) encapsulates the whole tribal based "oneupmanship" lunacy that was certain to end in ruin for one or both of them.

Penny wise vs Pound foolish. Celtic were VERY fortunate enough to have Fergus McCann come in and bring some financial sanity to the place.

The famous story about him and the late Tommy Burns over a bidding war with Rangers (and McCann being something of the wee boy calling out the truth of the King's new clothes) encapsulates the whole tribal based "oneupmanship" lunacy that was certain to end in ruin for one or both of them.

It's worth pointing out that since 2000, Rangers business did not grow at all. In fact, it can easily be argued that it shrunk - CL payments went massively up, yet turnover remained largely static. In fact, in recent non-CL years it had decreased from non-CL years in 02 & 03 by a few million. In contrast, during the same period, Celtic's income had pretty much doubled.

I'm not sure who it was, possibly that former director Adams?? who said that the Rangers board was filled with guys there for the social aspect and never had much input in the running of the club.

Celtic appointed guys from British-American Tobacco, The Bank of England, etc.

Even so, had Celtic maintained the spend of Barnes/Dalglish and early O'Neill, they too would be facing meltdown.

He told me just the other day that apart from his initial £4m investment in 1994, all of the shares in Celtic he's purchased since, has come from his London City mattress.

And where did he get the money to buy the airport?