Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tomorrow night will however show the possible effects of a one horse or one and wounded horse race on attendances at Celtic Park.

How many of "the greatest fans in the world" will turn up?

Anything less than 40,000 and Celtic may wake up to the hard times that are about to fall on Celtic Park.

‘But, make no mistake, we wouldn’t lose our history at all. We wouldn’t allow that to happen.'

Oh make no mistake Ally, we wouldn't let you forget your history either. No Catholics signing policy, riots in Manchester, financial doping, there's plenty of history to go round.

I've just been reading through the summary of that MLM Solutions live event. I know it's just one expert's opinion but it's still a bit of an eye-opener and well worth reading.

One thing was mentioned in passing that made me sit up and take notice. Rangers, in playing on to the end of the season, will be awarded SPL prize money for their second place. Stop and read that again. They're being rewarded for cheating(*). Can't the SPL withhold that prize money and use it in part-payment of Rangers debts to United, Hearts, etc?

(*) I know they haven't offiicially been found guilty of cheating (yet) but it does stick in my craw.

They have this season though, they chose not to pass on millions of pounds of PAYE/NI to HMRC.

It really does make you wonder eh? Do we not all support our teams based on how they perform on the park? I`ve seen my team relegated, so if it`s not the same for every team, then the games up, finished. Are there examples in other countries of big teams being "saved" either from liquidation or relegation?

There were all sorts of shenanigans in Argentina over the last few seasons to stop one of the big clubs being relegated I think?

Supporters remain opposed to losing the heritage and history of the existing club, but McCoist believes it wouldn’t be a disaster. He said: ‘If it happened, we would still have the history of the club, absolutely. I have done a bit of homework on it and newcos have happened at clubs like Plymouth and Crystal Palace.

‘I can imagine people would try to wind up supporters about it — that’s part and parcel of the game.

‘But, make no mistake, we wouldn’t lose our history at all. We wouldn’t allow that to happen.

‘If there is a team playing at Ibrox in blue shirts, it’s Rangers'

You know, this might be the first time Ally has nailed it. We know your slimy cheats will be back somehow, but your history dies with the name. From that day forth, the best song you will have given to fans of every team the world over, regardless of which league, country or anything else is:

'Are you Rangers in disguise....?'

'You're not Rangers anymore' they will not be Rangers, whether in disguise or not, we can never let them be Rangers again.

I seem to recall that when Gretna went down the pan, the SFL fixtures were all issued and confirmed and all that happened was that the relevant teams were just slotted into the relevant spots. So in Rangers case, moving to Div 3, they would take on the fixtures of the team losing the Div 2 play offs.

That year the selection process for the replacement team for Gretna was still going on when the fixtures were issued, they were released with a "Club X" until Annan won the vote a couple of weeks later:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/06/10/club-x-take-gretna-s-place-in-new-sfl-fixture-lists-86908-20602045/

A lot easier to do that with the Third Division fixtures though, than (as mentioned) the SPL where many other factors have to be taken into account.

Edited by qpsnapper

There seems to be a recurring theme amongst all the pundits spouting drivel about how Rangers can't be allowed to die, or even to be allowed to exit from the SPL. That theme is money. How much money do Rangers fans bring to other clubs on away days, how much money the TV deal is worth with or without Rangers, how much less money will be in their pay packets if Rangers aren't around to fill column inches!

Ask yourself though, who has actually benefited from all this money that has been pumped into Scottish Football in recent years. The top players undoubtedly, the managers, the agents..... but for the vast majority of fans, has the end product on the field actually improved? To my mind, a good game of football is one that is close, and where both teams have something to win or lose out of it. It doesn't need to involve highly paid players, or even the most skillful players, it just has to be enjoyable, have some drama! Hell, I'd much rather watch my sons U15s team play than watch Rangers or Celtic hump some other SPL team as it means something to me and, frankly, is more exciting.

All this money hasn't brought success outwith Scotland either. The Scotland national team is arguably as poor as it's ever been and Scottish teams results in European competitions has been laughable, even against teams from leagues with much less money than ours. The SPL is never going to compare with La Liga, the EPL, Seria A etc either, and anyone who thinks 'the product' ever could is deluded.

We need to get back to having a competitive league and forget about this obsession with money because that ain't the answer!

Ravelin

It was predictable Sally would argue the history follows the "team in blue shirts". But he's wrong, it's a not in any way shape or form a continuation of Bankrupt FC. It's a brand new team, brand new company crucially WITHOUT 3 years worth of accounts.

I suspect the limit of Ally's research was a quick Google search on Crystle Palace and Leeds United. A quick scan of a forum somewhere confirmed exaclty what he was wanting to hear. His financial understanding is probably as well developed as his football management skills.

If Millers bid is accepted today and he puts up the £500k, am I right in thinking the period of 'due diligence' begins and effectively it's an ' over to you ' situation, where we all await the outcome (or further delay) in the SPL meeting next Monday?

Does this also mean that his bid is still subject to the sanctions imposed being lifted AND a newco getting straight into the SPL, still keeping all assets etc? In other words, getting away with everything? Does it now fall to the SPL and SFA to stop the game being lost of all integrity by keeping the sanctions in place and restructuring the voting systems and not accepting a newco? How about the tax cases, do they impact on Millars bid, is it dependent on the CVA, are creditors going to get anything?

Apologies for the all the ifs and buts, I just can't see how its moral, legal or acceptable in any way for this to be allowed. Any explanations gratefully received.

It was predictable Sally would argue the history follows the "team in blue shirts". But he's wrong, it's a not in any way shape or form a continuation of Bankrupt FC. It's a brand new team, brand new company crucially WITHOUT 3 years worth of accounts.

I suspect the limit of Ally's research was a quick Google search on Crystle Palace and Leeds United. A quick scan of a forum somewhere confirmed exaclty what he was wanting to hear. His financial understanding is probably as well developed as his football management skills.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Ally McCoist could, in fact, read.

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

Those songs used to make my skin crawl

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could end ra people's dance

And maybe I'd be happy with it all

But February made me shiver

With every paper I'd deliver

Good news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I sighed

When I read about the death of their pride

But something touched me deep inside

The day the Rangurs died

So

Bye, bye Fat Ally's Pie

Tried to sign Cousin but the kitty was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye

Singin' this'll be the day the scum die

This'll be the day the scum die

Did you write the songs of hate

Before they locked Ibrox's gate

Because the lodge told you so?

Now do you believe in karma ho?

Can BK save your mortal soul?

And can you teach me how to die real slow?

Well, I know that you're all bigots loads

Cause I saw you marchin' through the roads

In your sahses and in your shoes

Man, I dig those death throw blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

The Rangurs are dead and I don't give a f**k

But I knew we coudn't get much more luck

The day the Rangurs died

I started singin'

Bye, bye Fat Ally's Pie

Because the lodge told you so?

Now, for ten years they've been paid in loans

And Ally grows fat on chewin' a bone

But, that's exactly why we used to moan

When the scum they sang for the king and queen

With faces that were never clean

And in a voice that diss'ed you and me

Oh and while the Queen was reading faxes

The scum they came and stole her taxes

The courtroom was adjourned

No verdict was returned

And while Duff and Phelps read a book on tax

Thier under 18s were fielded on the park

And we sang dirges in the dark

The day the Rangurs died

We were singin'

Bye, bye Fat Ally's Pie

If the lodge tells you so?

Edited by stonedsailor

Ally's homework will have been reading out what he was told to say by the propaganda machine.

All this talk of complicated fixtures sems that chaos is in the wings.

they could od what my local association do and release the fixtures for the first 4 rounds and then release the rest when the 4 weeks is up.

Seems to work OK but can lead to confusion - nothing that we seem short of.

It's 2012 and we have those new fangled computer machine things. How many minutes or hours would it take for someone to come up with sets of fixtures for the following SPL scenarios -

-with Rangers

-without Rangers, with Dundee

-without Rangers, with Falkirk

They're not exactly involved in a project to build a new large hadron collider. It's some football fixtures with a very limited number of options.

I'm sure Doncaster's right hand mad, I. Reddy, has next season all set up already.

If Millers bid is accepted today and he puts up the £500k, am I right in thinking the period of 'due diligence' begins and effectively it's an ' over to you ' situation, where we all await the outcome (or further delay) in the SPL meeting next Monday?

It'll be interesting to see what way the SFA (or is it the SPL, not sure) handle the "fit for purpose" line of the next owners (if there are any) of Rangers. Considering the Rangers fans are now claiming it's whatever body's fault they didn't vet Whyte well enough is there going to be a lengthy process? And if so will we see the hypocritical line that there is an agenda for taking so long and trying to scupper the deal?

tv revenue is 8% of SPL revenues.

Away stand capacity by £22 or however much, strip off a percentage for selling, stewards, police, repairs. Then figure if it's once or twice a season they visit.

Both can be quantified by most SPL sides.

Again I reckon SPL chairman can take a punt at that, some may stay away, but return after 3 or 6 months.

The likelihood is that the loss of TV income, (why always a 'loss of TV?' as a rangers free SPL would get a lesser TV deal) and either losing rangers once or twice a season is probably less of a risk to most clubs income streams than losing say a third of season ticket and walk up fan ticket revenue.

You forgot the element that most people do when calculating the 'loss' from not having the bigots visit, ie that there will be another club playing in their place, so there will be income from that game/s to add in to reduce any loss.

It's been shown before that for us having Dundee visit is virtually the same as Rangers so from gate income etc there would be minimal loss.

The longer this drags on......the more i'm convinced that the SFA will fold faster than superman on laundry day

and bend over backwards for Rangers.

I honestly think the SFA will fast track a newco straight inti the SPL........they have already put there meeting back on new sanctions/rules.....

Just have the meeting and put the new rules into practice ffs.

Rangers must be punished for the integrity of the game .............if the SFA balls this up and Chairmen of clubs let them off and back into the SPL I can

see a lot of unhappy customers at every club......and quite rightly so......we need to punish clubs that breaks rules.....we also need to stop this 11-1 voting system.....we need a competitive league,we need more than 1 or 2 teams challenging for the title we also need TV money to be even split through out the league.....if Rangers are punished the tv deal is probably fucked anyway....so now is our chance to push through some changes and get Scottish football back on track.

Rangers have tried every trick in the book..........threatening panel members and marches/protests and ex pros like Jardine threatening other clubs......

its time to stand up and punish this horrible little stain on Scottish football............the TV deal might cause hardship for every club including Celtic if Rangers are kicked out the SPL.....

but so be it...........this decision has to be the right one....this is not just about Rangers fans or Rangers.....this is about every fans of every team in Scottish football.....money is tight across the board....but if we give up our integrity then fans of every club will give up on the game .....then Scottish football will be really fucked.

For f**k's sake, why are people discussing cunting Celtic on here right now? One scummy blot on society at a time please.

Apologies, but the smugness of some of the green bigots on here was beginning to rile.

Now, back to laughing at Rangers! thumbup2.gif