Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thanks for addressing the important points of the issue :rolleyes:

Aye, but if they hadn't pointed that out, you might have dismissed them as infiltrators from Rangers Media (gathering information on their enemies to add that list).

So really, despite the positive spin this is just Miller getting his foot in the door so he can have a peek inside. Every journo will be out to get the scoop and will be prepared to 'guess' what happens next, when really there has been little movement except that Miller now has first bite at walking away.

So really, despite the positive spin this is just Miller getting his foot in the door so he can have a peek inside. Every journo will be out to get the scoop and will be prepared to 'guess' what happens next, when really there has been little movement except that Miller now has first bite at walking away.

Yup. His 500k pays the administrators costs only I'd guess.

The SPL share can be transferred at the discretion of the SPL board. Define "existing" though. If the newco can obtain SFA membership, they become a "club". There is no way in hell Miller would have gone forward with this plan if he wasnt able to transfer the SPL share

Presumably when Celtic were taken over by Fergus McCann and shares were issued to the supporters a newco would have been formed as a plc to deal with the share issue. It would then have been treated as the same club for football administrative purposes. I know the SPL had not been formed back then but presumably similar rules applied.

I'll CONVINCE you, just give me TIME. I just can't BELIEVE this goes UNREPORTED, a quick SWIPE and its under the CARPET.

I was referring to your STYLE, not your admirable CONTENT.. A homage to the marbley challenged Mr Leggo I thought.. rolleyes.gif

Presumably when Celtic were taken over by Fergus McCann and shares were issued to the supporters a newco would have been formed as a plc to deal with the share issue. It would then have been treated as the same club for football administrative purposes. I know the SPL had not been formed back then but presumably similar rules applied.

No - they retained the old company number and were (in simple terms) restructured to become a PLC.

As Colin M posted, Fergus took over the Celtic Football and Athletic Company, which was a private Company, in order to join the Stock Exchange and have a share issue the company had to become a PLC. Celtic Football Club PLC has the same company number Celtic have always had, it is the same company and the same club, unlike the, soon to be liquidated, Rangers, which will have to have a new name and company number.

Edited by TheTaxMan