Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bill Miller claims that his decision was based on the fact, inter alia, "...preliminary information, discussions and analysis were, unfortunately, more optimistic than reality".

When all the hilarity has died down someone really needs to analyse Duff & Phelps conduct during this fiasco.

When an unsuccessful Rangers team were still the best supported in Scotland.

Ha your having a laugh..... 4,000 at Ibrox to see you's play the Jags in early 80's, pre souness pal you's were a meadiocre outfit apart from playing your old advercery

Have Quick Shift Tyres got their £48 yet? Forget all this pish about Dunfermline, Hearts, Dundee United, and half of Europe's clubs being owed millions - I want the good people of Quick Shift to get what's due to them.

Surely to Christ they could find £48 out of the 5k per week wages they aren't paying Daniel Cousin? Miserable debt-dodging cnuts.

When an unsuccessful Rangers team were still the best supported in Scotland.

Two points.

1. You average home gates were artificially skewed by the twice yearly visits of Celtic (who back in those days also got half the main stand). Take out the gates from those 2 fixtures and your average home gate was barely above that of Aberdeen. Indeed, Rangers gates always started out okay at the start of a season before nosediving as the reality of coming nowhere in the league quickly dawned.

You also need to take into account the fact that Hearts & Hibs were both shite during this ear as well and were in no state to challenge anyone gates wise. Indeed, even St. Mirren were getting bigger average gates than Hearts & Hibs back then! :lol:

2. Despite being "unsuccessful" Rangers still somehow manage to reach more domestic cup finals than any other club in Scotland and win more trophies than St. Mirren have managed in their entire history (despite only averaging 2 points per season more than us in the league.

Not necessarily, it could also mean things at Ibrox are even worse than any of us diddies could have ever even hoped for.

This. I suspect that the banners and emails, while unbelievably stupid on the part of the Bears involved, weren't critical. However, the combination of the stuff we know about, confirmation of even some of the worst stuff we've be speculating about AND the realization that neither the Peepul or the football side of Ibrox had any tolerance for severe belt-tightening would drive a relatively sane business person (which Miller appears to be) to running for the exit.

The real killer here appears that they found something when they looked deeper. Miller had to be factoring in the big tax case and I don't think he really cared about the incubator preserving the club malarakey in the end so it wouldn't be that. If I had to guess, I'd say the catering/JJB/Ticketus contracts can't (contra to many assumptions) be torn up with any certainty, and that remaining cash flow has potential problems and/or even bare bones running costs for the club are much higher than anticipated. For example due to the bizzare way American sports operate their stadia, I can see even smart American advisors not adequately factoring in the bill for running Ibrox and Murray Park.

But it will be fun to pretend it was all the Ranger's supporters fault and that the lunatic fringe drove away their potential saviour, so lets stick with that story. :lol:

This whole thing is hell on us self-employed people in the wrong time zone. Impossible to get work done, it is.

Ha your having a laugh..... 4,000 at Ibrox to see you's play the Jags in early 80's, pre souness pal you's were a meadiocre outfit apart from playing your old advercery

They still had higher average gates than anyone else however.

See my post above for some reasons why.

Not trying to piss in anyone's porridge but, I would have thought buying Rangers would now be an appealling prospect, any potential buyers now know that SPL football is guaranteed and all this incubator stuff maintains history and wipes out the debt..........or am I wrong? confused smiley

Buying rangers as the price H&D would accept drops like a stone becomes more and more appealing - until you get close enough to the stench of bigotry. As there don't appear to be many "rangers-minded" bidders out there with a pot to piss in, let alone wealth that might creep ONTO the radar, their fans are enough to ward off even the most avaricious asset stripper. I think I'll be polishing up those shoes pretty damn soon - might even give MJ a chance to wriggle out of last week's nonsense statement. Not sure I can forgive him, but it will be nice to see a cleaner league, and even nicer watching the green trogs trying to work out how they can play the "victim" card now.

Always thought they`d get off relatively scot-free. Not anymore. I think they are finished. Miller getting a shufty at the books and he`s away quicker than Mark Dingwall towards a Jimmy Cheungs buffet! Glum faces all round....and yes, Spiers has shown himself up as much as the other troughlickers in the Scottish meed-ya corps over the last few days.

With no chance of winning trophies for at least two years, no season ticket money, the revenue streams apart from people coming through the gate all mortgaged off (catering, merchandise, etc) no signing of players, a big part of the assets (the players) flying out of the door in June without them getting a bean, and the most mercurial fans in the world (as the events of the 1980s showed)?

No chance!

I was just needing to hear that, thanks, just a little reassurances now and again, I can now sleep tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,f**k it, i'll just stay up and keep reading this thread instead :)

Bill Miller claims that his decision was based on the fact, inter alia, "...preliminary information, discussions and analysis were, unfortunately, more optimistic than reality".

When all the hilarity has died down someone really needs to analyse Duff & Phelps conduct during this fiasco.

yeah correct...dont know enough about the legal mechanics of this but is there not a facility for creditors / hmrc to object to them as it looks like they are being royally screwed by d&p. if miller is suggesting that they are misrepresenting the true state of rfc affairs, is that not a pretty serious accusation? either way i dont see much future work going the way of these admins. no wonder whitey wanted them instead of a randomly court appointed team of admins :lol:

So, if they DO actually liquidate, will we all be treated to the spectacle of Messrs Doncaster, Traynor and Young holding an all night vigil for the death of Scottish football?

Clearly every other club is immediately contaminated (see Bubonic Plague) as soon as (this) one falls. That's what the told us, so it must be true....

Perhaps they can hold it on the first day of the new season on Sportsound and we can all listen in at half time to see if our teams are actually dead yet.

[/b]yeah correct...dont know enough about the legal mechanics of this but is there not a facility for creditors / hmrc to object to them as it looks like they are being royally screwed by d&p. if miller is suggesting that they are misrepresenting the true state of rfc affairs, is that not a pretty serious accusation? either way i dont see much future work going the way of these admins. no wonder whitey wanted them instead of a randomly court appointed team of admins :lol:

Creditors can apply to have the admins removed.