Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

hey im not denying that the most lucrative league in the world is going to have some serious disparity vis a vis the rest of english football. all im saying is that in england there is at least the environment for supporters to have some agency to deal with a bad hand being dealt to them. This thread is as good as it gets for us this side of the border.

Edited by makepeace

Latest story:

Souness poised for shock Rangers return as Whyte agrees to sell

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1uPrKhdsS

souness, the quintessential knuckle dragger, is he coming in as the muscle seeing as fat sallys threats don't seem to be getting them anywhere.

Edited by pansypotterthedirtyrotter

The administrators have certainly not been working for the creditors that's obvious, cannot see how they were allowed to get this far to be honest, be interesting to see how much is eventually paid to them

Sorry to piss in people's pints with my very first post but it is a question I have been desperate to have answered for a while...

Do the average SPL attendances without the OF mentioned a few pages back remove Rangers and Celtic's travelling support completely from the equation?? I hope so otherwise the figures are exaggerated...

I sincerely hope I am missing something as I am a strong believer in Scottish football without the OF. I am a Dundee United fan of 30 years and dream of a day when we can do without the dinosaurs of the OF. Let's hope extinction is on the cards for the bigots and that civilisation can progress in this country. It is appalling to think how badly this country is held back in all aspects by 2 "football" teams (believe me when I say this country is held back by these OF "systems of belief"...) . My father is Glaswegian and was so appalled by the nonsense and narrow mindedness growing up that he chose to move to Dundee and give me a better upringing... Yes that's right DUNDEE. Best decision he ever made after seeing the rest of my family in Glasgow get swallowed by that "mentality"...

Vive la revolution and FTOF!

its been oft repeated that OF crowds are getting that meaningless for diddy teams that the cost of the extra policing is equivalent to the revenue brought in. dont know how true that is, and if there is any basis to that claim, someone please post it ..

Chic Young today:

Consider this: on a match day when Rangers are at home and Celtic away, far in excess of half the paying customers in the SPL are at Ibrox.

Remind me on what basis you can dispense with half your custom and still thrive and you, my friend, have found the secret of business heaven.

Yes dear, but the only people who benefit financially from all those paying customers at Ibrox are Glasgow Rangers. Who have amply demonstrated that even that isn't enough to pay their bills.

Dear old Chic continues to miss the point. Bless him for trying, though. The poor boy is drowning here

Well I doubt if he'd be alone and I don't know what role he might play. We'll see what happens. 8)

it would be a good populist move to get the fans behind a bid if souness involved in a consortium. ironic a bit since it was his buying of boumsong that kicked off the hmrc investigation... did he not have shares in rangers back in the day??

its been oft repeated that OF crowds are getting that meaningless for diddy teams that the cost of the extra policing is equivalent to the revenue brought in. dont know how true that is, and if there is any basis to that claim, someone please post it ..

Have to say I remain sceptical of that claim... as sceptical as I am of those who claim that it's the away gates (regardless of TV and prizemoney) that clubs are desperate to keep. Certainly, from a Hibs perspective, a Rangers visit generates over £100k in away ticket sales, plus pies/programmes/more hospitality/etc... there's no way anything like goes out in extra police in and around the ground.

well the thing that would make me skeptical about that claim would be that surely logically the amount of police required would be proportionate to the level of crowd. so surely there would be a guarunteed profit percentage regardless of how big or small the away crowd would be.

as for your second point. it would be great if there was enough information in circulation for us to be able to build a picture of how much revenue is in circulation in scottish football and from what origin such revenue streams come from. it does seem that in the absense of such information it is very hard to come by quantifiable estimates with some evidence behind it, and the best we can do when we discuss any scenario, is to advance competing claims of conjecture...

In view of the fact that Motherwell have priced the upcoming match against United at a fiver a few thoughts crossed my mind.

1: What a nice gesture as a reward to the fans in a highly successful season for both sets of supporters.

2: With the match being on telly and an early kick off, it'll be interesting to see the attendance in light of this approach

3: If the attendance is good, its a nice GIRUY to the debate on OF attendance/revenue if the price is right/cheap/sensible

4: Wouldn't it be glorious if this is a test case that the 'rebel 10' had dreamed up behind closed doors to assess the options ahead of the next big meeting?

If only all the other clubs could do something similar. A co-ordinated effort across all games in all leagues would be an easy way for chairmen to offer fans a constructive opportunity to stand together across the country and show just how much we love our clubs and how little we need the OF away support.

Ok, maybe a fiver is going a bit too cheap. Lets say £10 for all other games in the SPL and a pro rata discount in the other leagues. If this was co-ordinated or planned in advance we could provide our clubs with some real answers and send a message to the SPL giving the clubs up to date figures that they can base projections on.

The clubs by making this collective gesture would in effect be asking for a 'show of fans'. Drop the prices, take the attendance, do the sums and hey presto - a realistic attendance based on a fair product price - something all member clubs are willing to do in a fair and competitive league.

No newco cheats or TV deal factored in. The TV deal, if any, can be discussed later. Of course there would be cloth cutting required, but its far more appealing than the alternative. I am willing to see United have to change their approach in order for the greater good to survive even if it means we might lose some good talent in the process.

If the clubs announced this for all weekend fixtures as a means of assessing supporter feeling in a tangible way, its a constructive positive way for clubs and supporters to get behind something that will get noticed before the opportunity is missed and the SPL votes are based on speculation and conjecture. A peaceful non threatening way to stand together and make our case to the media, the football authorities and the non believers. A real chance to challenge the commercial value scaremongering tactics that are being used to cloud the whole debate on sporting integrity and financial fair play. And all done in seemingly meaningless end of season fixtures with nothing at stake. Except the future of Scottish football.

Has to come from the clubs as a statement together for it to work and it needs to be done so that fans know why and for what purpose.

"if you build it, they will come" - 'Field of Dreams'

You may say I'm a dreamer......but I'm not the only one. Right?

Big Kenny Mac

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 03:10 PMBrian Kennedy travels by helicopter - and has the kind of wealth that could really kick start the Ibrox revival. If you add his cash to our world class infrastructure - 5 star stadium, world class youth setup and luxurious training hq, then the Gers would be in a position to quickly get back on top of the pile of chaff that exisits in this league. I heard that at Sale Sharks he flys players in for signing talks the same way sir david used to jet them in on his private plane. this guy is UNDOUBTEDLY the real deal - especially compared to the cowboy from Missouri who walked away. We have told you already - WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY.----------- Big Kenny Bluenose

I thought it was Tennessee?

Sorry to piss in people's pints with my very first post but it is a question I have been desperate to have answered for a while...

Do the average SPL attendances without the OF mentioned a few pages back remove Rangers and Celtic's travelling support completely from the equation?? I hope so otherwise the figures are exaggerated...

Are you Mystic Meg?

From the looks of it they just took the avg attendances of all the leagues and then removed the top two teams from each league.