Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can see crowds taking a bit of a jump next season if we lose Rangers.

I think all diddy team fans would want to ram the media bullshit down the throats of certain journalists in a huge statement of defiance.

I don't think a meaningful number of people are going to do that, not on a consistent fortnightly (and therefore statistically significant) basis.

I think people have several dozen things higher-up the list of what makes them attend or not attend games... and spend or not spend their £20-odd quids... than envisaging themselves within, or caring about, some intangible protest movement v tabloid hacks...

Clubs staying with Celtic would boost those clubs crowds.

Likes of Aberdeen + Hibs improving would boost those clubs crowds.

Simple non-presence of Rangers wouldn't, IMO.

I don't think a meaningful number of people are going to do that, not on a consistent fortnightly (and therefore statistically significant) basis.

I think people have several dozen things higher-up the list of what makes them attend or not attend games... and spend or not spend their £20-odd quids... than envisaging themselves within, or caring about, some intangible protest movement v tabloid hacks...

HJ - I think there will be some people who were once committed football fans in terms of going to the matches regularly but gave up because of general apathy towards scottish football may return if there is seen to be some scope for reforming scottish football. an event like the OF duopoly being severly damaged might be enough for that to happen. nevertheless, i dont think people who are of that catogory are a huge amount of people.

this is an interesting discussion btw re what the actual figures are regarding attendance with or without the old firm vis a vis a number of nations. without going into the dangerous territory of making a call to action on behalf of diddy team fans, i do think it would be good if all the facts regarding the above matter and other relevent matters were situated in a website where they could be easily retrieved - so as to get the word around as it were.

I don't know. I'm of the opinion that most clubs have a reasonably large latent support that after a season or two of a fairer, more competitive and more equitable league may well return to a certain extent.

Has no one pulled out yet? Fnarr.

Listened to BBC Sportsound earlier and wee chic was getting frantic at the thought of his beloved team folding, he should be put on suicide watch. It was most enjoyable.

Has no one pulled out yet? Fnarr.

Listened to BBC Sportsound earlier and wee chic was getting frantic at the thought of his beloved team folding, he should be put on suicide watch. It was most enjoyable.

What for? Scotland has more than enough Old Firm apologists and blethering idiots.

this is an interesting discussion btw re what the actual figures are regarding attendance with or without the old firm vis a vis a number of nations. without going into the dangerous territory of making a call to action on behalf of diddy team fans, i do think it would be good if all the facts regarding the above matter and other relevent matters were situated in a website where they could be easily retrieved - so as to get the word around as it were.

Count me in.

I've become increasingly disenchanted with the game over the last few years, and have been hoping beyond reasonable expectation that radical change might occur that would, in turn, reignite my passion.

Getting shot of one of half of the OF would be very encouraging start, even if only for a few seasons, in order that the balance of power might shift a little.

In any event, I've enjoyed this thread immensely, and it is good to know that there are a few kindred spirits out there :)

Group hug?

No?

Bloody sod ye, then.

Can anyone tell me why there's not been a peep from HMRC so far?

Are they waiting until after the final game?

Are they waiting for Haudit and Daudit to f**k up (more than usual)?

Maybe they are joining the rather large queue of people who know Rangers are goners but don't wanna be the 1 blamed.

HJ - I think there will be some people who were once committed football fans in terms of going to the matches regularly but gave up because of general apathy towards scottish football may return if there is seen to be some scope for reforming scottish football. an event like the OF duopoly being severly damaged might be enough for that to happen. nevertheless, i dont think people who are of that catogory are a huge amount of people.

Yes, or at least they're more likely to be sparked by results instead of potential.

I don't think Hibs turn-out would've been much different this season had Rangers or Dundee been somewhere higher up the table... same applies to mid-table sides.

However, anyone fighting for top spot - early doors for sure and later if they kept pace - would be up, though as we've seen at 'Well, not definetely hugely.

Ultimately, results inspires large numbers of people, not potential results.

Edited by HibeeJibee

What I can't understand is that these attendances facts are found simply with one click after typing "european football attendances" into google, cut and paste into excel then sort.

Why is it that the media in Scotland doesn't highlight these easily found facts?

I've been blasting these out on my SPLstats Twitter every now and again. They will get another airing at the end of the season.

It's all available on ONE FUCKING WEBSITE. It is genuinely unbelievable that this stuff gets repeated over and over again.

The Further Misadventures Of Jimmy The Succulent Lamb

(And His Faithful Lapdog Chico)

20kadly.jpg

"Ohhh baa! Oh baa! Ohhh baastaard!" 2yydxkz.jpg

"Hey you, what are you getting your fleece in a knot about, my succulent lamb?"

id6dty.jpg

"Ohhh Mr Ernest, Siiir! We've discovered a huge hole, and Chico's got his head stuuuck in it!"

fz3yg4.jpg

"A hole? That's Chico's always sticking his head in the ground!"

"It wasn't ouuur fault, siiiir. Mr Duuuff and Mr Pheeelps never told aaanyone it was therrrre!"

"That's what happens when you stumble around in the dark thinking you can see clearly only by the light of minty moonbeams! Hold on while I pull him out!"

3027tzt.jpg

"Thank you officer! I was trying to retrieve my St Mirren fan club certificate!"

"Your St Mirren fan club certificate? A likely story, Chico! Right you two, how deep is this here hole you've found?"

"Ohhh, Mr Ernest, siiir, it runs all the way to the Biiig Houuuse, and it is at least thirty million deep?"

"Thirty million? What? Inches? Feet? Miles?"

s5xyl5.jpg

"Nooo, thirty million pouuunds in the ledgers! Baaaa!"

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Can anyone tell me why there's not been a peep from HMRC so far?

Are they waiting until after the final game?

Are they waiting for Haudit and Daudit to f**k up (more than usual)?

They've been quiet because it is not in the nature of a Government Department to disclose their each and every step. (plus they don't have a mongol horde of "fans" to try and keep fleecing.)

I suspect until either the BTC Appeal has been decided OR HMRC consider that D&P have completely lost the plot and are trying to weasel out of paying the creditors any respectable amount, they won't take any action.

They've been quiet because it is not in the nature of a Government Department to disclose their each and every step. (plus they don't have a mongol horde of "fans" to try and keep fleecing.)

I suspect until either the BTC Appeal has been decided OR HMRC consider that D&P have completely lost the plot and are trying to weasel out of paying the creditors any respectable amount, they won't take any action.

Cheers.

Will Rangers fans boycott paying their taxes (the ones with jobs, that is)?

Yes, or at least they're more likely to be sparked by results instead of potential.

I don't think Hibs turn-out would've been much different this season had Rangers or Dundee been somewhere higher up the table... same applies to mid-table sides.

However, anyone fighting for top spot - early doors for sure and later if they kept pace - would be up, though as we've seen at 'Well, not definetely hugely.

Ultimately, results inspires large numbers.

Yes - results do inspire larger numbers, hence Kilmarnock bringing a larger traveling support to our new midden than Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan. Killie were on a roll under big Mixu, and that Finnish guy they had was playing great stuff. The Killie fans not only sold out their end, but they got part of the West stand too. Great stuff.

Having said that - IF Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan do go tits-up, and aren't in the SPL, then we definitely need to try and rally round our own clubs and make up for the loss of the traveling Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan supporters.

One of our board told me that if we could even get two or three more games a season like that Killie on a roll' game - it would make a massive difference to our finances for the season. If we lose Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan, as an SPL side, then I see no reason why we cannot get lapsed punters or casual fans, however you want to call them, to come back to games. The fans who rack up for the bigger games like cup semi finals or suchlike. It would need a concerted effort from fans and the clubs - but it would be worth trying surely, as opposed to sitting on our backsides and moaning.

Anyway - that's for another day. As far as we're lead to believe Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan have three stupendous bids on the table, all eager and willing to take on Rangers (in administration) FC of Govan, despite the fact that Soccerball Bill took one look at the accounts and keeched his Calvin Kleins big time.

In other words - it wasn't a bomb.

Dont be so fucking tedious, these guys were that stupid they didn't know it wouldn't explode, they thought it would, and that was there intent. IT WAS A BOMB.

A gun is still a gun if it hasn't any bullets in it, isn't it?

Argggghhh

"Duff and Phelps want to get it done by this weekend."

Despite the fact that I'm willing to bet they know less about Bill Ng than they did about Miller.

Is he really going to sink 1/4 of his family's personal wealth into something that could potentially swallow the other 3/4

Like the thought of the three bidders doing very sophisticated research into the situation though.

post-9889-0-02728300-1336598365_thumb.jp

Oh no how can StMirren ever live without Rangers visits at most twice a season.

I for one will miss visiting Ibrox which is situated in a gorgeous part of Glasgow where the hospitality is 2nd to none and have my ears treated to top class hymns from the home support, who are the best looking pieces of Art to ever grace this planet.

:(

post-13-0-75674800-1336598569_thumb.gif