Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This quote is also in the Telegraph link above:

"If the creditors do not approve the Company Voluntary Arrangement,the agreement obliges Charles Green's purchasing vehicle to acquire the business and assets of the club on agreed terms, through a newco structure. It is Mr Green's strong preference to achieve a CVA."

That's meaningless.

Have you seen this 'agreement'?

Oh aye, they also have a guy who claims that he can raise £1billion. That's patently absurd.

He never claimed that he could raise 1 billion. The Sun misquoted him in a headline. I saw the original quote and it was more along the lines of if he could he would.

This quote is also in the Telegraph link above:

"If the creditors do not approve the Company Voluntary Arrangement, the agreement obliges Charles Green's purchasing vehicle to acquire the business and assets of the club on agreed terms, through a newco structure. It is Mr Green's strong preference to achieve a CVA."

Green's "newco structure" may well find itself in SFL 3- that's quite a plausible outcome in terms of the liquidation of the club. He has also left himself huge loopholes to walk away in his statements to the press. What if his "purchasing vehicle" disintegrates as his investors decide they don't like the look of the books in the next week or so?

It's H&D spin in my eyes and I'm sorry but I do not believe a word they say. That coupled with Green's past reputation, and long association with all manner of unbelievable shysters and carpetbaggers, makes me extremely doubtful that this is going anywhere.

still, one bright light on the horizon if Rangers do execute the extremely unlikely CVA- that this thread will reach 10,000 plus posts if he drags out the death of Rangers over another season. He's not in this for European glory.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

1337027245[/url]' post='6237023']

He's already telling the Rangers support that they will not like everything he is going to tell them. Hardly the moonbeams or 25 mill for new players type rhetoric of the charlatans that got Rangers into their current predicament. If someone like Green hadn't emerged Rangers were in very real danger of doing a Third Lanark. What was needed was somebody with the cojones to tell a support that has been spoiled for 20 years that certain fiscal realities will finally have to be faced in future. They appear to have that now hence why I think people will need to come to terms with the continuing presence of Rangers in Scottish football.

Yes, I believe you re right. Clearly their near death experience and Green's tough business talk have concentrated the Bears minds and they are all focusing all of their attentions on the long hard slog of fiscal responsibility and diminished expectations:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=220237

New kid on the block here. Been meaning to

post for a while but it's hard to read through 1000 pages when you're helpless with laughter. Don't know if this is off-topic but just heard from a trusted and reliable contact...BBC Scotland prog by Mark Daly due to be shown on May 23...David Murray has asked for court injunction to have it banned. Proof of murray hiring private detectives to hack Fergus McCann's phone calls and then outbid him for players will be revealed.....I'm told it's all true. Views?

post for a while but it's hard to read through 1000 pages when you're helpless with laughter. Don't know if this is off-topic but just heard from a trusted and reliable contact...BBC Scotland prog by Mark Daly due to be shown on May 23...David Murray has asked for court injunction to have it banned. Proof of murray hiring private detectives to hack Fergus McCann's phone calls and then outbid him for players will be revealed.....I'm told it's all true. Views?

Firstly, let's fcuking hope it's true!

Secondly - welcome aboard, and hope Jon McShane does well for you.

This Green offer reeks of showmanship and good timing. Now that the last match is out the way the pressure is off. No great protest can occur for a number of weeks, peoples thoughts will turn to other things. The Olympics and and the European Champs will take most eyes of the ball.

The figures are all too vague and impossible for anyone to buy the club. So much is still uncertain and whatever part of Narnia he has come from or whatever amount of Gin this guy has been drinking, the pretty pictures of investment and a debt free future are complete fantasy at this stage.

There is a couple of reasons people willingly invest in football. Love for a club or status. Status is a non starter for any big wig in Scotland for any investor with the money required to get this mess sorted. They could quite easily invest in a club down south and get a bigger status and maybe even see a small return for their money, or at least break even.

The love for the club thing has past, there would have been word if someone with the right amount of funds and willingness to bail out the club was around.

This leaves the only other type of investor, a silent investor that is looking for returns. Where is there money to be made in shelling out collectively £50-100 + million in the next 3 years.

There is money in bad debt, and we all know that from the recession and what caused it. By buying this bad debt this investment group can nail this business to the wall for a minimum outlay if they can get a CVA organised. There is no way this chain of investors are here to just pump money down the drain that is rangers football club.

They have nothing other than a guy who claims to be fronting a bid from 20 (nice round number, that :rolleyes: ) anonymous entities.

Oh aye, they also have a guy who claims that he can raise £1billion. That's patently absurd.

Here he is

bankrobbergun.jpg

Edited by Gaspode

cant be arsed trolling back todays posts,my eyes have been bleeding to much lately.

did i hear on the real radio news snippet today that MR saviour if needed, would be selling the top players and raising st prices :blink: to help ballance the books ? anybody else hear this or was it a dream :rolleyes:

he said he told souness he would be raising ST prices.

Slightly iffy quip here, but do you reckon the Bar-L has disabled access?!

Cheers mate. I feckin hope it's true too, the person I heard it from insists the source is reliable bit we'll see.

Jon McShane has been doing the biz for us lately,delighted we've got him for a 2 year contract. Can't quite believe you let him go, usually players go from Hsmikton to Paisley and not vice versa. Feel free to send wee Nigel back any time!

Alfie Olek was a better signing than you were. Beyond that maybe best to wait to see if this documentary ever sees the light of day and start a new thread if it does?

Aye but Alfie wisnae a goalie. Roman Strawolski was the man however;-)