Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

RM is a hoot most of the time but I am genuinely astounded with the litany that Scotland, not just Scottish football, is under threat from some diabolic kafflik and/or irish republican illumaniti whose sole purpose would appear to inflict their agenda (presumably a kind of Spanish Inquisition era catholicism) on the population of Scotland by removing a football team from our top division.

Surely the folks posting this drivel are P&B fifth columnists having a larff, no one could genuinely be that stupid.

Could they?

Some quality comments in the RST statement someone posted earlier (full version here for those who didn't see it http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/):

The RST board is astounded the SFA have rejected the Rangers appeal.

Astounded? Surely they mean incredulous?

It is obvious others in the game wish Rangers to remain in the SPL and Scottish Cup but at an uncompetitive level due to the unprecedented transfer embargo.

Not bothered about the League Cup then? And who are these others they speak of?

Craig Whyte is solely responsible for bringing the game into disrepute, as recognised by the SFA’s initial findings, and there is no evidence any other directors at Rangers Football Club had knowledge of the withholding of PAYE and NI contributions.

Did the SFA document not clearly state the other directors (McLelland and Bain are names I recall being mentioned) new what was going on but sat there twiddling their thumbs? Seems a common trait at Ibrox these days considering how many fans say how nasty the songs are but do sod all about it.

As we have already seen with action against William Hill this can prove to be extremely effective.

Where on earth is their proof of this? On what basis has their boycott of William Hill been successful?

Bampots the lot of them :lol:

I still think we ALL should play the orcs at their own game. Total boycott of The pit of hell and anything Rankgers related including when they come calling at our grounds around Scotland - especially if they end up in the seaside league. Plenty of "bouncy" beachballs but not a lot else. They'll get crucified in the 3rd division if they field a team of youngsters. Lets just say the quality of play wont suit those who lack pain thresholds or have a tendency to get injured. I dont think it will be the cantor back up the leagues that they think.

Although all this is dependent on there actually being a ministry of orcs next year which is looking less and less likely every single day.

Hurry up and die.

I guess the longer this drags out, the less likely it is that any of the Scottish media keyboard knobjockeys will write the headline 'Gers in audacious move for Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes. Ally McCoist set to beat Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle for his signature'.

Hurrumph.

Wonderful though this thread is, I don't think we should overlook the contributions made on a daily basis by those fine fellows on RM.

Today's Churchillian attempt is just a belter. As someone said, it really could be a P&B spoof, but sadly, tragically actually, it's not.

Where, seriously where the Hell, does this notion of 'dignity and honour' come from? I know of no club anywhere with a less honorable past.

The call for a General Strike is just delicious.

Even better though is the response. They all love it. One guy wishes he could write like that, a bit like envying Steven Hawkings' charleston.

I honestly do believe that what makes this so great, is simply that the vast bulk of the Rangers support is composed of people who are ever so thick.

Some quality comments in the RST statement someone posted earlier (full version here for those who didn't see it http://www.rangerssu....co.uk/rstsite/ ):

Astounded? Surely they mean incredulous?

Not bothered about the League Cup then? And who are these others they speak of?

Did the SFA document not clearly state the other directors (McLelland and Bain are names I recall being mentioned) new what was going on but sat there twiddling their thumbs? Seems a common trait at Ibrox these days considering how many fans say how nasty the songs are but do sod all about it.

Where on earth is their proof of this? On what basis has their boycott of William Hill been successful?

Bampots the lot of them :lol:

McClelland and Greig resigned and stated it was because Whyte wasn't giving them information. That was a pretty big public message and a big step for Greig in particular. Bain was one of a number of directors etc who were sacked because they opposed Whyte. Even the SFA panel report acknowledges that Whyte kept things very close to him. The big deal is over the tax bills Whyte didn't pay. If anyone knew Whyte wasn't paying them, who should they have told? The taxman? They obviously knew their bills hadn't been paid....

Quick question lads;

How can a company be sold when the stock exchange, ( PLUS), has suspended trading?

Not sure. At a guess it can be sold if a buyer can be found. It's general selling/buying of shares can't be undertaken. You also have different rules depending on your listing status ie FOOTSIE ( blue chips etc ) or AIM ( for diddy companies and diddy football teams! )

Rangers aren't listed, are they?

RM is a hoot most of the time but I am genuinely astounded with the litany that Scotland, not just Scottish football, is under threat from some diabolic kafflik and/or irish republican illumaniti whose sole purpose would appear to inflict their agenda (presumably a kind of Spanish Inquisition era catholicism) on the population of Scotland by removing a football team from our top division.

Surely the folks posting this drivel are P&B fifth columnists having a larff, no one could genuinely be that stupid.

Could they?

Oh they could...and making it even better/more embarrassing for Scotland is that the green bigots that think the same agenda exists but with the prodies at fault.

At times it's hard to believe it's 2012 in the outside world.

OMG! Harrogateblue has had several edits wiped out for vandalism. :lol:

Edit: I have had a 24 hour ban in the past for edit-warring but HB is now on an indefinite ban. Byebye HB :lol::lol::lol:

13? revisions in 40 mins :o , persistant wee bugger....

Couldn't help laugh at the rantings of some Rangers twat in the Evening Times today in response to last nights appeal hearing:-

THURSDAY 17 MAY 2012 TEXT SIZE Fans' chief: Rangers must fight SFA ban to ends of the earth

Alison McConnell

Football Writer

RANGERS fans' chief Andy Kerr today urged the club to fight the legalities of the SFA's transfer embargo to the ends of the earth.

And in a stark warning, Kerr also insisted that the Ibrox support will mobilise themselves to ensure the ramifications of the ban will be felt by ALL SPL clubs.

Kerr said: "There is widespread anger among the Rangers fans, as you can well imagine. We will take a stand now."

Last night's decision by a three-man appeal body to uphold the original punishment of a 12-month transfer embargo on players over the age of 18 has been met by a furious response from the Rangers support and Kerr has warned that they will not take the decision lying down.

Rangers' administrators were today weighing up their options but look certain to take legal action against the SFA, possibly in civil courts or the Court or Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland.

Several first-team stars have cut-price get-out clauses in their contracts after agreeing to wage cuts and, should they activate them and leave, Gers would be unable to sign replacements. Already, Everton are eyeing a swoop for Steven Naismith, who has a £2million trigger release.

The Rangers Supporters' Assembly will now:

*Lobby the club to withdraw from the Scottish Cup next season.

*Plan to boycott all away games.

*Put pressure on sponsors.

*Call for Rangers players to withdraw from the Scotland squad to face the USA in Florida later this month.

Kerr added: "We feel that while our circumstances are unique, they are not exceptional, yet the SFA seem to be focused on making some kind of an example here.

"There have been other clubs this season who have not been able to pay the wages of their players, yet there has been very little in the way of punishments handed out for that. Ultimately, we have to do what we think is the best course of action now.

"We met when the SFA first announced the transfer embargo and had preliminary discussions about what to do. But at the time we felt we were jumping into it too quickly, and we wanted to wait and see whether or not common sense would surface at an appeal.

"That hasn't been the case and the club need to take this fight all the way. They have to challenge this tooth and nail.

"The body of opinion is definitely behind taking the players out of the national team, although personally I would have to say that I am cautious about pushing for such a thing because it isn't particularly fair that the international career of a player is hampered because of this situation.

"But at the same time, if Allan McGregor or Lee Wallace or Steven Whittaker get injured when they are playing for Scotland, how do we replace them?"

Kerr also believes that the whole of Scottish football will be punished because of the embargo.

He added: "When Rangers signed Steven Naismith from Kilmarnock, the sale went a long way to ensuring that the Rugby Park club did not go into administration.

"There are lots of players in the SPL that I am sure Rangers will have been looking at, and the bottom line is that buying these guys from other Scottish clubs benefits the game.

"If you take that out for a year then I am sure there will be one or two clubs who will feel it.

"The Rangers support need to do everything within their power to make a stand now.

"We are bitterly disappointed at the decision to uphold the embargo ... but it is not finished yet."

How can you take an organisation to court when you have no money to pay legal fees? The poorest club in Scotland are insolvent and it's not in the best interests of the creditors to pursue a no win case. This thing gets more mickey mouse every day.

In life compromise is often the best option.

Those who favour favouritism for Rangers want to boycott everything.

Those who favour fairness want them dealt with in a manner that befits what they have done to the game in Scotland through their failure to pay tax (for tactical purposes ... not because they couldn't), their EBTs and the double contracts (latter 2 yet to be conclusively ruled on).

So here goes ...

Rangers fans - please boycott everything. Then when your club is hurled out the league nobody else will spot the difference. It's called walking (away) before you're pushed.

How dare Rangers complain of SFA bias when the panel who handed down the initial punishment were independent and led by a judge who knows his stuff and the appeals panel were also independent and led by one of the top law lords in Scotland.

Fvck off Rangers and stop bleating. You've scammed trophies you couldn't afford for over a decade. You've short changed the taxpayer whilst paying players you couldn't afford. Every other cvnt paid their bills - even Hearts (eventually). Rangers deserve everything they get and a good bit more.

I don't have an axe to grind with Rangers - I just can't fvckin stand them - cheated for years and then started greetin' like big weans because they might not win the league. Welcome to the world of the other 40, cuntos!!!

Cybertims are spreading Twitter rumours that Hughie was there to talk about admission of Newco to the SFL.

Why only talk to the SPL and SFA then :unsure:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

reached the end of the thread................ you lot need to post more

What are people's reading habits with regard to this thread?

I know some claim to have read every page - a remarkable achievement.

Personally, I'd have loved to have managed that, but I'm not even close. When I was off work over Easter, I tended to be on top of things, but otherwise, work gets in the way. I don't get much chance to look on at work and by the time I get home, there's usually too much to catch up on. I tend to go back 7 or 8 pages, than catch up and monitor it for the evening. This means there are huge gaps for me and I'm not proud of it. Most of our family rows these days centre on the time I spend on this thing. The argument that I'm only really a part-timer who rarely posts doesn't seem to wash.