Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is for the same reason as the League Of Wales lost the battle against the "Irate Eight". Liechtenstein clubs played in the Swiss league because there was no league for them to play in. The Liechtenstein Cup only began after WW2, by which time their clubs were all part of the Swiss league (along with one German club).

The only time UEFA's ever bent the rules was over Derry City, and that was largely for the same reason FIFA in turn bent the rules to allow Wellington to play in the Australian A-League, ie. lack of a full time league to play in.

Fair enough - if Wellington can play in another Confederation can Rangers go to East Asia with Green? Or go on a rampage in Catholic Brasil.

Also, I used to live across the river from Liechtenstein - what a farce. The country is about as big as the walk from Queens Park station to Hampden.:D

Maybe Rangers could found a league in Liechtenstein, just like some dodgy bank. They have a nice pitch, good transport links and their national anthem is the same tune as God Save the Queen which they would like - especially as many bears have shown us that singing the words is not a strength of theirs :lol:

While this would be an amusing scenario, and I think whether they get back in the SPL is in the balance, the SFL wouldn't admit them?

And how low would they go in the Blue Square? Surely teams there would be up in arms if they were admitted above them.

Agreed, applying for a CVA is a waste of time but suppose they have to go through the motions.

They also have the big tax bill to pay, but is a newco liable for that?

So many questions, and answers have to be imminent. No avoiding the issue.

Sky should have a separate channel for Rangers in crisis. Can't get enough of it!

This is building up nicely, bring it on.

Rangers, in the hypothetical scenario that they were allowed to play in the English system, would have to start in North-West Counties League Division One- playing giants such as Chadderton, Oldham Borough and Holker Old Boys. These are barely semi-pro teams who typically play in front of sub-100 crowds on grounds that resemble lower division junior grounds. This league is a mere four promotions away from Blue Square North and nine rungs below the Premier League. It's the route the old Gretna had to take when they played in the English system.

In any case UEFA will not allow it and I doubt the SFA would either. Gretna needed permission from the SFA to compete in England every season. These two hurdles are totally insurmountable. I have no idea why people keep insisting on drivelling on about Rangers going to play in England. it will never happen, unless they move to England and form a new club down there.

If Rangers fold, a newco is not allowed in the SPL and they lose out to a current non-league senior club for the SFL 3 vacancy, the only option left for them is to sit out the season and make an application to the juniors next season. They would enter, if accepted, in central league division two- some tasty local derbies with Blantyre Vics and St. Rochs await.

8)

Wh

For a start the Blue Square isn't the very bottom tier, and secondly no, legally there are absolutely no grounds for Rangers to play in England. It is against UEFA rules. If Rangers aren't in the SPL or SFL, they can apply to join whichever Junior league will take them.

In fairness they will be playing in England next year. Berwick is in England.

Totally random question...why are the blue bigots known as bears?

That's an easy one: it's because they shit..........................on their own doorstep.

No, that's not quite right. Hang on - it'll come to me eventually.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/

The RST board is astounded the SFA have rejected the Rangers appeal. The SFA appear committed to killing of competition in Scottish Football. It is obvious others in the game wish Rangers to remain in the SPL and Scottish Cup but at an uncompetitive level due to the unprecedented transfer embargo.

Craig Whyte is solely responsible for bringing the game into disrepute, as recognised by the SFA’s initial findings, and there is no evidence any other directors at Rangers Football Club had knowledge of the withholding of PAYE and NI contributions. This is the sole reason our club are being punished with the transfer embargo.

Rangers fans decided on 28th April, that the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund (RFFF) committee would decide on any protests and sanctions from the Rangers support. We are represented on the RFFF committee and will be lobbying for the strictest possible sanctions against clubs, sponsors and SFA competitions. As we have already seen with action against William Hill this can prove to extremely effective.

We will update our members with further information as soon as possible.

Craig Whyte, the owner is Rangers, therefore it's the club responsibility as he is Rangers.

But they would rather make us all see it as

brookmyer_big_boy_did_ran_away.jpg

They'd already been offered the chance to join the Blue Sq Southern Conference, but turned it down.

Apparently, they don't do Woking away. :lol::lol::lol:

japanese racist joke, how rice

Wooosh

Woking are in the conference......

Woks are Cantonese not Japanese, you bib dribbler.

5gsu.jpg

FFS :lol:

FFS it was meant to say rice not nice, facking bullshit

Shiek1.jpg

Racist, seriously,Woking? :unsure: You've lost me.

I read somewhere that if Rangers take the SFA/SPL to court it could potentially mean no Scottish teams in Europe. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Also the #FucktheSFA tag on twitter is comedy gold. Never seen so much loyalist imagery/slogans in a long bloody time.

It would only mean a ban for other Scottish clubs if the SFA took no action against the club. They might find in this case that the only fit punishment would be banishment from Scottish football, ie. "Dancing On Your Grave" time. We can but hope. :D

Derek Johnstone

" what ringers need is a competitive league. If they were to play with youngsters, they would probably finish half way up the table, or even in the bottom half. That's not competitive and they'd be as well going to the 3rd division "

Derek Johnstone

" what ringers need is a competitive league. If they were to play with youngsters, they would probably finish half way up the table, or even in the bottom half. That's not competitive and they'd be as well going to the 3rd division "

Haha, no way? I know Derek Johnstone is an idiot but seriously that quote (if true) is mental.

I took another look at the RM website today. It's a shocker. I'd dearly love to sit down and talk ( or grunt ) with some of these people. It would be funny if it was all fiction.....but of course, its real !

If Rangers want to boycott the Scottish Cup then let them. F*ck them. It frees up a space for a junior side who'd love a shot at glory.

And as for McCoist. Well, a bit of me respects him for doing his best on the field of play and standing by his club. But his cries to "name the three" was irresponsible and crass.

With moronic Rangers fans planning to disrupt the cup final on Saturday, he has a chance to make amends by asking Rangers fans to steer clear of Mount Florida. It's Hibs and Hearts big day.

That said, the bulk of decent bluenoses know that turning up to protest will only make a bad situation even worse.

Rangers will never be allowed to play in England, they would need FIFA,UEFA, The FA and more importantly the SFA.

People use the welsh clubs as an example, the welsh clubs in England still come under the jurisdiction of the FWA, a player moving from say Charlton to Cardiff is still needs international clearance despite both playing in the English set up

Something english teams have never really been happy about

HARRY REDKNAPP last night launched an extraordinary outburst against the FA of Wales' decision to give Darren Purse

The Portsmouth manager questioned the way Cardiff City are being dealt with by the FAW FAW when they play in a high-profile English competition.

He insisted that if his own captain Sol Campbell were in Purse's position, the English FA would never have given him Wembley clearance.

Redknapp insists he has no wish to see the Bluebirds skipper miss the biggest game in the domestic football calendar.

But the Pompey chief questions what he sees as double standards over disciplinary matters and called for an end to what he dubs a "farcical

Purse was red-carded following a challenge on Burnley's Andy Cole which left the ex-England striker needing 10 stitches in a leg wound.

On Tuesday, a three-man FAW disciplinary panel overturned the decision, meaning Purse is free to skipper his side in the cup final.

Although Redknapp insists he has no problem with Purse playing in the match, he took issue with the fact that it is the Welsh FA who have made the decision to give him the green light.

"If we get a red card this weekend in our game against Middlesbrough, obviously I'm sure the English FA will want to help us and overturn that," said Redknapp sarcastically.

"You don't think I'm being genuine, do you? We wouldn't get any help whatsoever, would we?

"We would get a player banned and that would be it - there is nothing you can do about it.

"I don't want to see Purse miss the FA Cup final, but I read that Andy Cole said it was the worst tackle he had received in his whole career.

"Cardiff play in the English League, play in the English cup, want to qualify to represent England in the Uefa Cup ... and then, when they get a player sent off, it goes before the Welsh FA.

"How can that be right? It's just unreal really.

"I like Darren Purse and I don't want to see him suspended for the cup final.

I wouldn't want to see anyone miss the Cup final, but in honesty, it's a bit farcical."

As a Welsh club, Cardiff's disciplinary issues are governed by the Welsh FA - even though they play in the English system.

But Redknapp believes those rules need to be addressed once the cup final is over.

He said: 'I'm not making a big fuss about it - it makes no difference to me if Purse plays or not.

"But you just want the identical rules for everybody.

"'I'm sure anyone who has got any sense will look at it and go 'This is strange isn't it?' Which it is."

The Bluebirds have already been awarded special dispensation to represent England in the Uefa Cup, should they beat Pompey at Wembley.

Redknapp re-iterated that he has no problem whatsoever with that decision.

"'I'm 100 per cent behind them playing in the Uefa Cup if they win," he stated. "Cardiff are playing in an English competition, so it's right that they should qualify for Europe if they win."

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones is adamant the FAW made the right decision in clearing Purse.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Maybe Rangers could found a league in Liechtenstein, just like some dodgy bank. They have a nice pitch, good transport links and their national anthem is the same tune as God Save the Queen which they would like - especially as many bears have shown us that singing the words is not a strength of theirs :lol:

Liechtenstein is used by a lot of folk these days as a tax dodge, so I suppose it ticks that box. That said, it is also one of the most affluent countries(Can you even call it that?) in the world, so Rangers would likely be laughed out when they try to get in.

Do Rangers fans think their club can just walk into a branch of Slater Hogg and Howison and say we want to move house, we don't like the neighbours. (or more to the point they despise us?)

They truly are unreal.

As for their attitude that the club shouldn't be made to suffer for the actions of 1 man, may i ask what they make of it if a Rangers player gets sent off?

Do they just sub on a replacement because after all, the club can't be made to suffer because of the actions of 1 man.

I took another look at the RM website today. It's a shocker. I'd dearly love to sit down and talk ( or grunt ) with some of these people. It would be funny if it was all fiction.....but of course, its real !

Could be worse, they could have a Readers Wives section :barf

I read somewhere that if Rangers take the SFA/SPL to court it could potentially mean no Scottish teams in Europe. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Also the #FucktheSFA tag on twitter is comedy gold. Never seen so much loyalist imagery/slogans in a long bloody time.

also the national team are banned from all Uefa/Fifa competitions, if the national team are banned from playing then the govan skip should be burned to the ground IMHO