Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If the side letter states he'd be paid £1200 tax-free from the trust for each appearance then that's surely conclusive proof that there was nothing discretionary about these payments - how could Rangers argue this did not constitute a dual contract?

Confess your sins, Marvin!

The fact that it schedules amounts and dates of payment shows that its not discretionary.

If the side letter states he'd be paid £1200 tax-free from the trust for each appearance then that's surely conclusive proof that there was nothing discretionary about these payments - how could Rangers argue this did not constitute a dual contract?

Confess your sins, Marvin!

The fact that it schedules amounts and dates of payment shows that its not discretionary.

who was the other one? you are right it was a real surprise at the time is that still your record purchase?

Grant McMartin

yes its still the record and I would doubt it will ever be broken

The fact that we got 800 grand for Billy EBT 6 months later makes it a great deal. :rolleyes:

Who has ever, ever uttered the words "TV company Sky"?

Its artistic license. The willing suspension of disbelief.

Quite apt really!

There's no harm in gently reminding M Platini that folk are concerned. After all, he will be getting his reports from Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan.

You mean Stewart "havent watched it" Regan? <_<

I struggle to commit to this full time so I may be slacking in knowledge butnin just curious....regardless of the outcome of the large tax case are they not screwed anyway on terms of the SFA due to the rule breach of not informing them of the payments and essentially therefore fielding improperly registered or inellagable players.

So my question is even if HMRC case goes in their favour are they not still in line for major punishment potentially from SFA?

On the face of it, you would have to expect that if they lose the BTC then that would be enough proof for the SPL to also punish them for dual contracts. However, this is the SPL we are talking about, so who knows.

I think its important to keep reminding ourselves that Rangers have, in effect, already been found 'guilty' by HRMC. What we are waiting on is the appeal verdict.

Give the guy a break - he's in Budapest on SFA business and can't watch it until he gets back.

Yup agree. Pity that the BBC Iplayer doesn't work abroad.

I'm sure Mr Regan will have been kept up to date by the cockwomble and by his own minions.

Not sure if this applies to Scotland but regardless, it may stiffen Hector's resolve to ensure they don't lose out against the H*ns.

No, it doesnt. Theres no such thing in Scotland. Although, given the courts have now validated this approach, you have to ask why not

You mean Stewart "havent watched it" Regan? <_<

No need to watch it. These guys will have known for ages exactly what's been going on and what the final outcome will be. They will all be a number of steps ahead of public knowledge.

One things for sure in that we will never get real justice with everything being dealt with 'in-house' by Scottish organisations. I genuinely trust nobody involved with this farce. As I've said before, it's little Scotland, little Glasgow, little Scottish football, little corridors of power. All pals together. Corrupt to the core.

The principle of going to UEFA and BBC England is great and is certainly better than doing nothing. I would suggest though that any correspondence should start off with a copy of a map to show them where Scotland is.

I see that some of the Rangers forums are posting names of people they think are that RTC blog guy/gal. I hope the police are keeping a close eye on that.

Who have they got as top suspects?