Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You know that bit in "2001:A Space Odyssey" near the end when Jupiter goes nuclear, and Dave Bowman (easy, Arabs, not that Dave Bowman) asks Hal "What's going to happen?", and Hal replies "Something Wonderful"? Well, pals, I think we're almost there.

There will be a new star in the sky, and a new world order. Jupiter, the old bloated planet, the largest of the original ten (see the analogy there?) will be no more, and the world will be a brighter place. I have a dream, if dreams come true, then Bonnie Scotland, you'll be berr-free once more.

I have been watching 'Tora Tora Tora' whilst reading this thread tonight, and the last line is:

''I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve''

Think FIFA 8)

OK, so this is my first post, not only on this thread, but on the site as a whole. Great work folks. Keep going because you are making a difference.

Anyway, it looks like the guy with the nails is standing over the coffin with a hammer in his hand. The worrying thing for me is what happens next. If Rangers suffer a suspension or exclusion can you imagine the hell that is going to be unleashed, particularly in and around Glasgow? The riots in England will look like an old folks outing by comparison. If, after the axe falls, you can remember ever having looked at a Rangers fan kinda funny then get the hell outta Dodge.

Seriously though, this decision may have serious public order implications and I just wonder if any pressure is being applied to the SFA to ensure that they don't light the blue touchpaper.

I can't give you a free green reputation point for joining the fray as I've run-oot of them to gift, but welcome. Watch oot for a rocky-ride tho - by declaring yourself as 'non-diddy' you're fair game for OF related abuse ;)

Edited by Claymores

I'm wondering if haudit and daudit are scared that the CVA might go through, that's why they took the SFA to a civil court.

They want a newco. a debt free, sanction free newco and i am sure i have heard / read somewhere that if they do get liquidated Mr Whyte gets something if they go that route.

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamontWhile SFA are now in consultation with FIFA over Rangers situation, my info is that SFA have not told Rangers new disciplinary proceedings..

have begun over their decision to go to Court of Session. That's not to say it won't happen, but it hasn't at this stage.

Oooft.

Edited by Kyle

I really do hope you're right. We're reliant then on FIFA taking no prisoners when it comes to dealing with Rangers (& the SFA's handling of Rangers) and the only problem with that is I've never really had much time for FIFA in the past. Although all the right noises have been made over these past couple of weeks. I won't properly celebrate until the nail is in the coffin but reading posts like this don't half get me looking like this.

:thumsup2:D

i think a few folk have been expecting FIFA or UEFA to be holding the SFA's hands in this, as far as they are concerned this is a matter that was to be dealt with by the presiding governing body, they will have had someone keeping a tab on the issue(s) until rangers decided to go to civil court.

Now FIFA are in control/charge of 260+ associations so they will want their rules to be on the level as much as possible, so any small nation (us and many others) that have a few issues that may bring their rules down if one of the big nations or clubs decide to fight an issue then the game is lost, you will find that the bigger nations don't have as many issues in the public eye (will accept that the Italian issue (being dealt with by their own FA)) but smaller nations Switzerland, Turkey etc have had pressure from them to sort it out as FIFA and UEFA know if not then the BIG ones will start up, keep the small ones following the rules does to an extent that the big ones will also, as most larger clubs and nations know they need the rest (oh if it was like that here in Scotland)

More drivel !

It is 100% factually correctl?

I am not claiming Follow Follow is 100% representative of the Rangers support but it is the largest forum and there were 1000s of voters in the poll

OK, so this is my first post, not only on this thread, but on the site as a whole. Great work folks. Keep going because you are making a difference.

Anyway, it looks like the guy with the nails is standing over the coffin with a hammer in his hand. The worrying thing for me is what happens next. If Rangers suffer a suspension or exclusion can you imagine the hell that is going to be unleashed, particularly in and around Glasgow? The riots in England will look like an old folks outing by comparison. If, after the axe falls, you can remember ever having looked at a Rangers fan kinda funny then get the hell outta Dodge.

Seriously though, this decision may have serious public order implications and I just wonder if any pressure is being applied to the SFA to ensure that they don't light the blue touchpaper.

Rangers Media poster doing to P&B what P&B has been doing to Rangers Media for weeks.

Just read an article on sportinglife website. 99% of it is nothing new but this paragraph caught my attention.

'The initial judicial panel admitted they had considered throwing Rangers out of the SFA before deciding a transfer embargo was appropriate under one of the organisation's articles which allowed for sanctions considered appropriate'

Hadn't heard that mentioned before. If expulsion had been considered beforehand then how much more likely is it to be the option now. The tax dodgers have dug their own grave.

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. -Bill Shankly.

Gonna risk this:

Doncaster on about the clubs taking the decision on sanctions on a newco.

Flexibility of "appropriate sanctions" Am I being thick here?

If the clubs can meet and hand out sanctions on an apt punishment for club X. What is to stop club X from going to court to say "there is nothing in the rules to permit these sanctions"?

Surely they have a list in place to choose from?

Or did I miss that bit?

Hopefully as Don McLean sang so beautifully...

"Something touched me deep inside,

The day the Rangers died."

Looks like SFA/FIFA are about to touch rangers deep inside........with the toe of a large pair of tackitty boots.

i think Elton is more appropriate. Don't let the sun go down on me...Well, I guess that's why they culled oot the Blues.

Of course you don't. Meanwhile, back in the land of reality...

ok.

so you think it is fair that an individual or a business can be punished by a private organisation for exercising their legal rights as defined by national and supranational law?

if this ends up with fifa/uefa banning all scottish clubs from europe i'll be up at fir park demanding we go to strasbourg.

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont While SFA are now in consultation with FIFA over Rangers situation, my info is that SFA have not told Rangers new disciplinary proceedings..

have begun over their decision to go to Court of Session. That's not to say it won't happen, but it hasn't at this stage.

Oooft.

As Regan said on his Twitter, they are in dialogue with FIFA over Rangers going to court. I'd expect an announcement in the not too distant future. Rangers just keep on giving.....

Edited by GunnerBairn

They wont

Care to expand on why you believe this? I do seem to remember you saying the same thing about the appeal panel upholding the signing 'embargo'.

Gonna risk this:

Doncaster on about the clubs taking the decision on sanctions on a newco.

Flexibility of "appropriate sanctions" Am I being thick here?

If the clubs can meet and hand out sanctions on an apt punishment for club X. What is to stop club X from going to court to say "there is nothing in the rules to permit these sanctions"?

Surely they have a list in place to choose from?

Or did I miss that bit?

I'm pretty sure that somewhere back in the last dozen pages or so, it was said that there was a list of possible punishments.

I believe someone quoted a couple of the more serious options - "a hard stare"and a "gonnie no dae that"

ok.

so you think it is fair that an individual or a business can be punished by a private organisation for exercising their legal rights as defined by national and supranational law?

if this ends up with fifa/uefa banning all scottish clubs from europe i'll be up at fir park demanding we go to strasbourg.

Maybe you should have protested at your club agreeing to the rules