Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Green is about to walk away. Mark my words. Quite an interesting rumour going round the Rangers supporters on his ability to pay...

Not the first time I've seen something similar to this today.

My doubts about Green are not to do with his ability to pay, more his willingness. The tide has turned a wee bit against Rangers, so not convinced he'll be so happy to invest until things are cleared up a bit.

Excellent post.

The point is that yes, many of us would feel sorry for fans whose club had been run by such dastardly people.

It's Rangers though, the uglier of the sisters. The only possible, rational response is to delight in their squirming.

The behaviour of the club is utterly consistent with everything we know about those the club appeals to.

The triumphalism we all endured turns out to have been based on systematic cheating. Of course we want that redressed.

It's usually sad when football clubs are run into trouble, but this is Rangers. Rangers are different for all the reasons outlined above, which is why our response is different.

Can we please update green quotas for this thread?? Its impossible on days like this to have enough and the speed the thread grows with means excellent replies to fantastic OP's often don't get the credit they deserve. Any chance we can make this thread a 'special case', please???

Me too - I hope to be proven wrong, but hung by their own petard of a report that said IN WRITING that suspension/ejection couldn't really be justified.

The C of S decision is a real mystery to me when the SFA rules say you can come-up with a punishment proportionate to the crime instead of being tied - why dismiss that great idea?!

Stewar Gilmour put it perfectly: "THE LAW IS AN ASS"!!

Can we please update green quotas for this thread?? Its impossible on days like this to have enough and the speed the thread grows with means excellent replies to fantastic OP's often don't get the credit they deserve. Any chance we can make this thread a 'special case', please???

There are no special cases dry.gif

I asked for this facility about 400 pages ago, but Div didn't oblige.

In saying that, he hasn't accepted my friend request on Facebook either. I think he has 'issues'.

Because they thought they had other options. A fine alone was disproportionate. They are allowed to say OK we,ve been forced to change our minds and have to round up to the nearest punishment, rather than round down to the nearest £100k. You can't go back to court saying "They cannae change their minds" That's what you went to court in the first place for.

that might be the case but you can't take that from the statement issued by the sfa.

all we have to go on is the statement they think it's too severe which hints that expulsion or suspenion won't be the outcome imo. i actually think carloway will be quite pissed off and probably finish with the sfa after this farce.

ps. carloway wants to get rid of corrobaration in scottish law and for that he is c**t.

Ranger used a legal tax avoidance scheme ......illegally. The verdict on the BTC has been delivered - and while we've not seen the documentation which led to that outcome, the weight of evidence already in the public domain is fairly conclusive. And theres more to come on the Souness matter, what does the E in EBT stand for?

I do admire your commitment to the cause, No8. But the evidence is overwhelming and while theres no verdict yet you must feel a little like you're trying to get a not guilty verdict for Anders Breivik

And another.....laugh.gif ticks every box. George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Frankie Boyle, Seth MacFarlane, Trey Parker, Matt Stone and Jim Jeffries (no, not that one)..............step right up. Sorry for all the posts tonight but this is better than any telly. Best entertainment ever.

i love how rainjurz mhedia are so seething about mark daly & the bbc

good work guys lovely stuff & all the while they have to pay their licence fee like it or not biggrin.gif

Green is about to walk away. Mark my words. Quite an interesting rumour going round the Rangers supporters on his ability to pay...

Naw - they're just panning it as supporters of any other club would be, nevermind their history.

Green's on a good thing - CVA looks dead in the water so dunces H&D have agreed he gets the whole shooting match for £5.3m - you could just about sell Murray Park for that as a fallback. Let Ibrox rot without doing anything (Third Lanark)

Cockwomble is riding in to the rescue - he'll do anything not to see the scumbags deid

Edited by Claymores

With a bit of work, just like the cockwomble idea, we could perhaps get the acronym E.B.T to represent:

Eventually Bigots Terminated

I vote for Big Arnie to play Craig Whyte............(insert humorous catchphrases...)

go on, it'll kill the time til the next big lolfest...... tongue.gif

I've 12 pages to catch up on having been to a Jubilee Party at the rather appropriately named Queen Elizabeth The Second Primary School, but I'm knackered so I'm for bed. Slightly apprehensive about how many pages I'll have to plough through in the morning! laugh.gif

You broke the first rule of dot club but I gave you green instead of the prescribed red dot punishment, I feel that I have acted proportionately in this case but if you'd like me to change my decision your appeal to Div shall be final with no recourse to ordinary court.

that might be the case but you can't take that from the statement issued by the sfa.

all we have to go on is the statement they think it's too severe which hints that expulsion or suspenion won't be the outcome imo. i actually think carloway will be quite pissed off and probably finish with the sfa after this farce.

ps. carloway wants to get rid of corrobaration in scottish law and for that he is c**t.

Of course they thought they had other options. Why else did they suggest another option as the punishment?

the appelate tribunal agrees meaning carloway agrees with nimmo and the 3 who should not be named.

and it doesn't say that those punishments were rejected because others were available. it says they were considered disproportionate.

Sorry I thought you meant the most recent judge Lord Glennie agreed it was disproportionate.

You just have to look at Regan's twitter comments to see where this is going - "The Appeal body will have to select a sanction from the identified list without being able to be pragmatic."

The list is clear enough, and there's only one direction they can go. Given the options, there is only one left. Rangers would already have been thrown out if not for the charity of the SFA. That charity ran out yesterday.

I've 12 pages to catch up on having been to a Jubilee Party at the rather appropriately named Queen Elizabeth The Second Primary School, but I'm knackered so I'm for bed. Slightly apprehensive about how many pages I'll have to plough through in the morning! laugh.gif

Nightshift isn't so bad.. The bugger to catch up is the after school/homework/dinner bit! wink.gif