Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It will be a Cup ban..It is only a matter of how long the Cup ban is for. I would think 1 year is not enough so would go for a 2 year ban.

if it is, its SO lenient it should be permanent

They should get a Cup Ban by the Appeals Panel and a fine.

And then the SFA should charge them for taking the issue to an external court, outside of football, and then expel them from football.

It really is the only way forward if the SFA/UEFA/FIFA want to maintain any semblance of control of football.

When this thread is finally produced in book form it will become essential reading for all secondary pupils. It's just incredible that Rangers' going bust should be the basis for the Encyclopedia Scotia. :D

Ironically, most of Nova Scotia (i.e. New Scotland) was on the 'English' Avalonian continent and completely separate from Scotland. Rangers fans over here in old Scotland on the other hand think they're part of Ingerlund.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Spartans got banned from the Scottish Cup, and the East League Cup for a single document being improperly signed. That's how lowly a punishment they rate the cup ban.

The SFA found Rangers guilty of...

(Bringing the game into disrepute)

- Failing to disclose Craig Whyte was disqualified to act as a director for 7 years.

- Failing to comply with Stock Exchange rules by failing to disclose Craig Whyte's disqualification.

- Failing to lodge annual accounts by 31st December 2011

- Failing to hold an AGM by 1st January 2012

- Failing to pay HMRC PAYE, NIC and VAT

- Failing to pay Dunfermline by 21st February 2012 for SPL match played on 11th February 2012

4) Not acting in the best interests of the game by failing to pay Dunfermline.

5) Failing to pay Dundee Utd for a Scottish Cup match.

6) Failing to pay the SFA for a Scottish Cup match.

---

As you can see, a Scottish Cup ban doesn't quite add up. Throw in a lost appeal, a civil court and FIFA asking questions and the SFA have only one decision to make. Guaranteed 1 year suspension or there will be a rebellion by the other clubs.

The Good Lord: Good morning, Mr RFC QC. What brings you back before me on this wondeful sunny morning?

Mr RFCQC: My client wishes to contest the decision of the SFA in imposing a suspension of membership.

TGL: And on what grounds do they contest?

RFCQC : That is is too harsh.

TGL: Well, that is not my decision to make. Is it outwith the rules of the SFA?

RFCQC: No, my Lord

TGL: I don't see much that I can do for you.

RFCQC: But we only want to be suspended from The Scottish Cup

TGL: Well, in the current circumstances I think that your wish shall come true.

RFCQC: But they changed their minds.

TGL : Isn't that what you wished for three weeks ago? You should have advise your clients to be careful what you wish for.

RFCQC: But we wanted them to change their minds in a way that suited us. We're speshull. We arra pepul.

TGL. GTF.

Apologies for the double post.

Unreliable internet access in China, no doubt caused by all the millions of Rangers fans out here logging into P&B all the time.

Is that members of the Chinese Royal Loyal, the Loyal Royal, the Royal Royal or the Loyal Royal.................

i thought Rangers were originally fined £160,000 but now i see £100,000 was the maximum fine. Surely they cant have got that so wrong?

There is no way the SFA could defend a suspension or expulsion in a court of law after already saying it was too severe. It would be a waste of time and the SFAs money.

It will be a Cup ban..It is only a matter of how long the Cup ban is for. I would think 1 year is not enough so would go for a 2 year ban.

The panel also put in writing that the punishment of expulsion being too severe was the reason for creating a new punisment, Rangers removed the option of creatting a new punishment so they are quite within their rights to go back to their original consideration.

Why else would Hughie be so desperate for "peace talks " he was not so keen to talk when he jumped the gun and agreeed to d&p going to court.

Can the Appeals panel not throw in the fact the CoS stated that they had brought the game into disrepute and as a further charge, they can go for a different punishment?

Or was that dealt with in original decision?

Going to CofS should be a new charge.............ANOTHER INTO DISREPUTE, but hey, the **** were singing sash ever since into Admin, Sally got off with placing panel into danger despite ois club signing the agreement they could remain anonymous. No charges brought. SFA are as bad as cockwomble

Not a Celtic fan but the suggestion it's IRA related is nonsense:

Yes it is. It goes back to the Bobby Sands hunger strike/non-co-operation of IRA prisoners. Thatcher said they would not get jelly and ice cream until they learned to behave themselves.

Interesting split opinions unless HB's leg pulling!

Dan - that first link totally knackered my laptop and tethered phone. Just back on now. Not the first time You Tube links have done that. Note to self...avoid clicking on them in future.

Ironically, most of Nova Scotia (i.e. New Scotland) was on the 'English' Avalonian continent and completely separate from Scotland.

IIRC it was actually the combination of the Laurentia and Baltica continents that formed Scotland, the former being the one associated with the current Northern American continent.

Edit: OOooh, and the Highlands of Scotland have some of the oldest rocks on Earth, at over 3 billion years old.

Edited by Ric

This case is looking increasingly like that of a murder suspect who can be freed, locked up for a week, life sentenced or hanged . The judge decided the first too were too lenient and the last 2 two extreme so he ordered that the guy be forced to walk around in a pink frilly dress for a year. The only sentences possible now are life or hanging.

Dan - that first link totally knackered my laptop and tethered phone. Just back on now. Not the first time You Tube links have done that. Note to self...avoid clicking on them in future.

No leg-pulling, specifically it was about wearing (or not) of prison uniform, spilling into dirty protests and the blanket wearing.

Type "thatcher jelly ice cream" into google and you'll see a story from the Guardian about an IRA reunion, the escapees from The Maze prison, where jelly and ice cream were on the menu. In what other circumstances would a bunch of murdering bar-stewards eat jelly and ice cream other than in an ironic, taking-the-piss gesture?

Edited by Happy Buddie

I'm fairly relaxed about this. It will be a cup ban but then we'll have the CVA being laughed out the room, liquidation, the EBT verdict, titles stripped, relegation, vote no to newco, whatever way you swing it, they are as good as dead or at best (for them) in such a spiral of decline it will take years, possibly decades for them to recover.

The "nuclear" bombshell may finish off the rotting carcass for good.

i thought Rangers were originally fined £160,000 but now i see £100,000 was the maximum fine. Surely they cant have got that so wrong?

There is no way the SFA could defend a suspension or expulsion in a court of law after already saying it was too severe. It would be a waste of time and the SFAs money.

It may have been to severe at the time but now rangers have AGAIN brought the Scottish game into distribute by contravening UEFA and FIFA directives by going to a civil court a suspension or expulsion may well be on the cards ,,no doubt rangers will take these (on the books punishments) with their usual dignity.

I'm fairly relaxed about this. It will be a cup ban but then we'll have the CVA being laughed out the room, liquidation, the EBT verdict, titles stripped, relegation, vote no to newco, whatever way you swing it, they are as good as dead or at best (for them) in such a spiral of decline it will take years, possibly decades for them to recover.

The "nuclear" bombshell may finish off the rotting carcass for good.

That's a good way of thinking - Rangers in SPL 2012-13 but getting pumped by newboys RossCounty

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/sep/21/northernireland.northernireland

This is what is usually referred to as IRA connections - a single article from 2003 in the Guardian whth that headline "Maze party with jelly and ice cream".

It's about as ridiculous as the eggs benedict story from a while back - saddos with too much time on their hands!

What's the punishment for taking the SFA to court, which is a breach of the rules?