Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I know one of those paid was also speaking in the press about how he would just have to accept what he is given blah blah blah...despite already being paid. Something he failed to mention when being interviewed.

What a dick. I hope he gets his windaes done in.

Unbelievable. rolleyes.gif

Yep...Exactly what i said earlier this morning

This might sound daft, but why didn't the fighting fund give the money for creditor x to the club, for the club to officially pay to that creditor off? Thats what I thought they were doing...

Forgive my ignorance, but is the following likely?

1. Rangers suspended for a year by the SFA.

2. The SPL, not wanting to have a league of 11 and relieved of the hardest decision, draft in Dundee or whoever and offload Rangers to the SFL.

3. The SFL punt them into division 3.

4. Green walks away from his lower league club.

5. They die on the spot and we get a new SFL club.

6. Everybody laughs and tucks into jelly and ice cream (except the orcs, of course)

Fixed that for you!

Phew - finally caught up. Not sure if I'm any the wiser, but I'm damned if I'll let this thread beat me! smile.gif

lol Ditto

just to say went to Munich to watch Aberdeen a few years back - fantastic support, maybe 7000, great trip despite the scoreline.

Aye, Scottish Fitba' wid be dead without the ****.

2. The SPL, not wanting to have a league of 11 and relieved of the hardest decision, draft in Dundee or whoever and offload Rangers to the SFL.

Stop teasing me :bairn

1338554447[/url]' post='6293937']

This might sound daft, but why didn't the fighting fund give the money for creditor x to the club, for the club to officially pay to that creditor off? Thats what I thought they were doing...

Because it was far better spent pursuing a kamikaze court action, which may be the actual thing that kills the club....

Actually, I've no idea. Clearly the fans who were organising things have been far too trusting of those holding the purse strings. No change there then.

I've heard tales of individuals paying off small creditors but the RFFF seems to be handing over cash to the Chuckle Bros to do with as they will.

1. Leads to death an 3 or 4 pheonix GFC, Ranjurs Govan, RFFFFFFFFFC, etc in juniours

2 Is Dundee, no questions or thoughts once 1

3. SPL cannot punt anyone in these circumstances - depends on SFL acceptance

4. Green will have walked away long before

5. If an empty spot, there are a few who would have to vie for SFL 3

I think the club would have had to (not) pay VAT on any income.

I'd imagine that it would be deemed unfair for the other creditors, effectively giving one of them a preferred status.

On the HMRC front, lengthy article on David Hartnett the former permanent secretary in the FT. Most useful in understanding why the cry "we're a victim, Vodaphone and Goldman got away with it" from Bears doesn't really apply anymore and where that approach came from. Link unfortunately behind a registration wall.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f5b698c0-aa8f-11e1-899d-00144feabdc0.html

I'd imagine that it would be deemed unfair for the other creditors, effectively giving one of them a preferred status.

Thats feasible actually. Its just bugging me today that we're hearing about creditors being paid off on a casual basis, with no formal action by the club, yet when it comes to court actions, then suddenly the fighting fund is sent straight to the club.

I think the club would have had to (not) pay VAT on any income.

I gather Rangers have come up with a technique to minimise their vat payments, so I don't think vat is a problem for them! :lol:

Has anyone thought of a song to be played at "the" rangers funeral yet?

Good riddance (time of your life) by GREENday would be my choice.

Can't beat a bit of Dylan: It's all over now, Baby Blue

Thats feasible actually. Its just bugging me today that we're hearing about creditors being paid off on a casual basis, with no formal action by the club, yet when it comes to court actions, then suddenly the fighting fund is sent straight to the club.

I gather Rangers have come up with a technique to minimise their vat payments, so I don't think vat is a problem for them! :lol:

Let's face it every little bit helps as one day one little penny will turn a high tide into a flood. :lol:

1338554918[/url]' post='6293962']

I'm off out to the shops but I've a bit of a dilemma. I want to get some jelly and ice cream in but I don't want folk thinking I'm doing it to celebrate the jubilee. Maybe I should hold off for a few days, they surely won't go tits up this weekend?

That's me outed as a tarrier then.

Would be ironic indeed if they perished over the bank holiday, with the Union Jack plastered everywhere. laugh.gif