Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To say the Hi Hi fans did nothing is completely untrue. From 1962 onwards (ie a year after Hiddleston and Reilly had taken over), there had been demands by various fan groups for investigations into the clubs affairs made to both the SFL and SFA, but they just ignored them. Demands were also made to legal authorities when people were finding their shares being resold and transferred to Hiddleston's cronies under the excuse they were "dead" having failed to respond to AGM letters. Attempts to hold EGMs on what was going on proved futile as Hiddleston and co. instantly adjourned any made.

It wasn't until the club's accountant had enough and went to the Board Of Trade about what was going on that action was taken, by which time it was too late - quite aside from the money owed, as there was no way of identifying any longer who the correct owners of the club were and to what extent (ie. their shareholding), they were going to be forcibly liquidated anyway. The Third Lanark fans negotiated a new site down in East Kilbride in record time (the current East Kilbride Thistle's ground), but there was no way they could get one to SFL standard ready in time and the SFL were never going to allow them a season in lieu to get it ready (not after the Clydebank affair) - and no one was interested in giving financial backing to a bunch of losers in the year Celtic had won the European Cup.

It was only a year after Third Lanark's death and the details coming out in court and the Board Of Trade report that everyone started blubbing "why didn't anyone do anything?" - especially the Scottish press, who apart from Bob Crampsey stuck their fingers in their ears and pretended not to know what was going on for five years solid (and despite Hiddleston being sacked from Third Lanark back in the fifties for being caught with his hand in the till), even back then they were too busy sucking up to the Old Firm to care.

The Third Lanark case has more in common with that of Clydebank - falling into the hands of a crook only interested in lining his own pocket. The Rangers case is more akin to that of English league clubs spending money they don't have for the sake of show without any regard for tomorrow, although there's also elements of Gretna to it in the manner the correct "checks and balances" to an all-powerful owner were removed to the detriment of common sense.

I bow to your superior knowledge - no doubt I had read articles by lazy journalists who reported that all that was happening was fans being involved in talk-shops, I think at the Cathcart Halls, but that no sort of fighting fund was put in place, so much obliged for your correction and putting me in my place.

I have a friend who now supports the 'Well after the demise of Third Lanark.

Anyway, once Again it goes to show just how long the Scottish game has been corrupt.

And can I add, at the height of the Morton fans boycott in2000, I spoke to a contact I had at the SFA and after explaining what was going on at Cappielow (another Hiddleston) I remember the words I was told clearly -

' A HOUSE OF CARDS'.

Now think I know what it meant.

Edited by Wokcomble

I've obviously missed a new development. Who? What?

Referring to rumours that Reg Brealey is one of Green's backers (Wokcomble's posts on previous page).

Brealey tried to buy St. Mirren and Morton at separate points in 1997 despite previously running Sheffield Utd into the ground and being investigated on all sorts of financial wrongdoings. There was a BBC Scotland documentary about how unethical a businessman he was, but instead of proclaiming a witch hunt, the Saints fans took heed of this and rose up to oppose his takeover. Stewart Gilmour came in an bought SMFC from under his feet. The rest, as they say, is history.

To this day, Gilmour is still proclaimed by many as 'the man who saved us from Brealey', to rumours that he could be involved in CG's big for Rangers, is to say the least, interesting.

An article from WSC in 1999 about him:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/4033/29/

Edited by djchapsticks

Was before my time anyway, but I totally forgot that Rangers tried to get us kicked out of the league back in the 60's. Even though we were rank rotten as the consistent league positions showed, this will make the demise of Rangers even sweeter. I'll need the full box of hundreds and thousands over the jelly and ice-cream.

:jerry

^^^ P.S. can we get a copy of this replaced with JELLY! and some ice-cream please?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Referring to rumours that Reg Brealey is one of Green's backers (Wokcomble's posts on previous page).

Brealey tried to buy St. Mirren and Morton at separate points in 1997 despite previously running Sheffield Utd into the ground and being investigated on all sorts of financial wrongdoings. There was a BBC Scotland documentary about how unethical a businessman he was, but instead of proclaiming a witch hunt, the Saints fans took heed of this and rose up to oppose his takeover. Stewart Gilmour came in an bought SMFC from under his feet. The rest, as they say, is history.

To this day, Gilmour is still proclaimed by many as 'the man who saved us from Brealey', to rumours that he could be involved in CG's big for Rangers, is to say the least, interesting.

An article from WSC in 1999 about him:

http://www.wsc.co.uk...t/view/4033/29/

Cheers U/P - like the Third Lanark situation, only one journo broke ranks when Morton were in trouble and that was Bill Leckie - while all the Keevins's of the world were printing bollox, Leckie broke ranks and became the hero of the Morton fans for exposing what was going on at Cappielow.

He is still well respected by myself and many others despite his allegiance to the saints, and I'd stand him a drink anytime.

So let's all hope Brealey and his cronies are part of the Green Gang - it would make sense considering Mr Green is scared to say who is all involved.

Was before my time anyway, but I totally forgot that Rangers tried to get us kicked out of the league back in the 60's. Even though we were rank rotten as the consistent league positions showed, this will make the demise of Rangers even sweeter. I'll need the full box of hundreds and thousands over the jelly and ice-cream.

:jerry

^^^ P.S. can we get a copy of this replaced with JELLY! and some ice-cream please?

That's not very fair on your team, in the 4 full seasons of the 60s prior to Rangers chuck em out attempt in 64/65, City finished bottom twice (with a combined total of 21 points.) However, for the other 2 seasons they finished 14th and 15th.

ETA; 59/60 was also the 60s, Brechin finished 12th

Edited by Jacksgranda

Is it true that southern Britain is sinking while northern Britain is rising?

Yes. It is called isostatic rebound combined with rising sea level.

The weight of the ice from the last ice age compressed the northern part of the UK down into the mantle and as the ice is no longer there it is redjusting its "floating" level.

What amazes me is that when speaking to Rangers fans it becomes apparent that many have adopted the la-la-la-la fingers in ears mode, and rather than educate themselves as to the practicalities, are just spouting nonsense.

Their club went in to administration and the first thing they did was try to sign a player!

Their administrators sacked no one and 'negotiated with players' to take a wage cut!

Their heeds have been up their erse from day one.

dont let this slip down to number five on the threads list again.a thought they had died :angry:

Have the season 12/13 realignments been implemented yet by P&B Admin? If so, why hasn't this thread been moved to the SFL and Division 3 Section?!?!?!

dont let this slip down to number five on the threads list again.a thought they had died :angry:

That means it's dinner time. :)

As an aside, I've noticed the General Nonsense has taken a big hit with everyone F5-ing this thread constantly.

Comments today about FIFA being in discussion with the SFA http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18294684

http://www.goal.com/en/news/461/scotland/2012/05/29/3135607/fifa-tells-sfa-to-take-action-against-rangers-following-transfer-

Excellent, I see a solution emerging here.

The SFA will have to hit Rangers hard, very hard, on the ultimation from FIFA. An 'or else' request. The SFA will be sympathetic and understanding to Rangers (or as Jeremy Hunt would put it - with a heavy heart), but they must enforce this for the survival of Scottish football. So probably expelled for at least one year.

FIFA will stand by their guns aggressively.

The SPL won't have to make a decision which suits them fine.

As thanks for their cooperation Scotland and the SFA will get some sweetener from FIFA, maybe hosting a competition? And a few fair play awards. A vice presidency for someone?

Can't be sure what instigated the FIFA interest but I am sure we should thank some Pie & Bovril posters who have made a point of communicating directly with FIFA and UEFA.

Also thanks due to Duff & Duffer in taking their case to the Scottish Courts, which opened the door for FIFA to take a direct interest. We should also recognise the total ignorance from Duff & Duffer of the implications of their action. Some will call it ignorance, others stupidity, others laziness.

And finally those whose help made the case possible, namely the Rangers Fighting Fund. Without their funding the case it could never have gone to court.

Overall a very good day, one which brings us much closer to the endgame. biggrin.gif