Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SFL.

Why would it take them 3 years to get back into the SFL?

I know they would have to reapply, but Id expect the SFL to vote them straight back in (unfortunately)

I had heard of a 3 years worth of accounts thing, but I thought that was for Europe only.

Why would it take them 3 years to get back into the SFL?

I know they would have to reapply, but Id expect the SFL to vote them straight back in (unfortunately)

I had heard of a 3 years worth of accounts thing, but I thought that was for Europe only.

You need 3 years of accounts before submitting to the league, thats why Gretna couldnt apply to get straight back in (was the reason given anyway)

I don't think he's the right man at all. He doesn't understand the Scottish game well enough, and his past at football clubs hasn't exactly been glowing either. Does he even have the promised money? Not so sure that he does. If Rangers were going to go down the Newco route, straight into the SPL, I think Miller would've been a much better option. It would've been a tough transition, but I think he would have run the club correctly and gotten Rangers back to the top the right way over a period of time.

I think (as cliched as it is) Rangers need a Rangers fan in charge if it is to go down the Newco route. Whilst they became a bit of a parody of themselves, I think the Rangers fans should accept the inevitable, and get behind someone like the Blue Knights and/or even Brian Kennedy if he wants to be involved(I know Kennedy isn't a Rangers fan, but he did genuinely seem to have the best interests of Rangers - as well as his media profile - at heart).

You've been a bit ahead of the curve than most Rangers fans I've spoken to about this No.8. You obviously have your wee fishing trips, but I do think you accept the club deserves to be punished. My worry now for Rangers though, will there still be a place for Rangers in the league next year, with everything else that seems to have come out? That's still up in the air as it stands.

I think you're right for what it's worth. I think Rangers starting at the bottom, being made to build back up to the top, is the best scenario for everyone. It gives the clubs in the lower leagues some income from big travelling supports, Rangers do get a punishment many said fits their crimes (although that mood has obviously changed, mostly since the CoS case) and the league at least maintains some integrity. Some might say that's not harsh enough, but you can't please everyone.

This big drama could end up being good for Scottish football though. it seems to have quickened the chat for league reconstruction and also the introduction of a pyramid system seems to be talked about more too. Fingers crossed, when this mess all eventually gets sorted out, Scottish football generally (and Rangers) will be stronger for it.

The best thing for Rangers would be for the bulldozers to come in, demolish the Big Hoose and start again. The club should admit all of their wrongdoings from the tax case to the deep-rooted bigotry and sectarianism from top to bottom at the club, and thereafter start afresh.

By doing this I believe that the true fans would back a new club, no matter how long it took a new Rangers to get re-established, and that the bigots, who don't do walking away, would indeed walk away.

Unfortunately, arrogance and denial is still the order of the day at Ibrox - so if your club doesn't want to change then you'll probably get all that's coming to you, and more.

The balls in your court now. Surely someone with sense will see the big picture and make the right decision for your club ? I won't hold my breath though.

So what happens if Rangers are suspended for a year when the CVA fails?

Would there be a newco?

I'm all for punishing them, either Div 3 or suspension, but to do both would be off the scale.

Is that the buy-up-another-club scenario?

You need 3 years of accounts before submitting to the league, thats why Gretna couldnt apply to get straight back in (was the reason given anyway)

Fair enough. What about the possibility of buying out Airdrie (which has been mentioned) and effectively starting in Div 1.

I would hope that loop hole was closed after Airdrie's buyout of Clydebank. Anyone know?

Fair enough. What about the possibility of buying out Airdrie (which has been mentioned) and effectively starting in Div 1.

I would hope that loop hole was closed after Airdrie's buyout of Clydebank. Anyone know?

Thats a possibility, it wasnt closed.

The three years of accounts is actually an SFA requirement as part of the club licensing system, not SFL.

Therefore, if the SFA agree to transfer the membership, but the SPL dont, the newco would be eligible to play in the SFL ... I think!

However, in that scenario, the newco would, I believe, end up in division 1.

I don't think he's the right man at all. He doesn't understand the Scottish game well enough, and his past at football clubs hasn't exactly been glowing either. Does he even have the promised money? Not so sure that he does. If Rangers were going to go down the Newco route, straight into the SPL, I think Miller would've been a much better option. It would've been a tough transition, but I think he would have run the club correctly and gotten Rangers back to the top the right way over a period of time.

I think (as cliched as it is) Rangers need a Rangers fan in charge if it is to go down the Newco route. Whilst they became a bit of a parody of themselves, I think the Rangers fans should accept the inevitable, and get behind someone like the Blue Knights and/or even Brian Kennedy if he wants to be involved(I know Kennedy isn't a Rangers fan, but he did genuinely seem to have the best interests of Rangers - as well as his media profile - at heart).

You've been a bit ahead of the curve than most Rangers fans I've spoken to about this No.8. You obviously have your wee fishing trips, but I do think you accept the club deserves to be punished. My worry now for Rangers though, will there still be a place for Rangers in the league next year, with everything else that seems to have come out? That's still up in the air as it stands.

I think you're right for what it's worth. I think Rangers starting at the bottom, being made to build back up to the top, is the best scenario for everyone. It gives the clubs in the lower leagues some income from big travelling supports, Rangers do get a punishment many said fits their crimes (although that mood has obviously changed, mostly since the CoS case) and the league at least maintains some integrity. Some might say that's not harsh enough, but you can't please everyone.

This big drama could end up being good for Scottish football though. it seems to have quickened the chat for league reconstruction and also the introduction of a pyramid system seems to be talked about more too. Fingers crossed, when this mess all eventually gets sorted out, Scottish football generally (and Rangers) will be stronger for it.

I just don't see any downside to the SFL 3 route. Rangers need time to recover from this mess. Money will be spread around the lower leagues and they will get unprecedented media coverage. The footballing authorities will have been seen to take strong action against the club and set a strong precedence. Other clubs in the SPL will have a route to European competition and hopefully supporters of other clubs who have grown bored will start to go back to the games as they challenge further up the league.

As for fishing trips...I have read nearly 1600 pages of my team being slated and kicked around by all and sundry. Taking that into consideration i think i have been pretty restrained ;)

Just to add the obvious downside is loss of TV revenue in the SPL but i am sure they will get a deal at some level and we might even see a wee deal for the lower league clubs who are hosting Rangers.

To be fair, if it is any club that they do it to, Airdrie would be the only palatable one for obvious reasons

Absolutely but I would rather have Airdrie in the league than FC Rangers.

The Airdrie thing would be quite funny.....Clydebank formed after a split from East Stirlingshire/Clydebank....then bought out and renamed Airdrie Utd after Minty killed off Airdrieonians.....now to be the "new Rangers".

This thing is a bad Zombie movie.

not sure who i hate more rangers or airdrie mad.gif

can they both die?

Most of this is moot I feel because they'll get suspended by the SFA and that will bury them.

They could buy Airdrie and get straight into the First Division, but Airdrie also know that and therefore they can name their price.

So Airdrie are promoted once Rangers vanish, then nuked! Short-lived triumph.

Be a shame to see the end of Airdrie (pains in the arse). Seriously, it would be but Airdrieonians disappeared several years ago I suppose.

Can the new team not be called Clydebank Rangers?

The three years of accounts is actually an SFA requirement as part of the club licensing system, not SFL.

Therefore, if the SFA agree to transfer the membership, but the SPL dont, the newco would be eligible to play in the SFL ... I think!

However, in that scenario, the newco would, I believe, end up in division 1.

Mind boggling, Im sure I read something when the guy from the SFA (or was it SFL) said he would take Rangers on their merits along with other clubs who wanted to apply.

To be fair, if it is any club that they do it to, Airdrie would be the only palatable one for obvious reasons

This is the one scenario i would struggle with. I understand why people are talking about Airdrie but the thought of putting another club out the game is just so unpalatable i don't think i could support the Newco. I would be totally sickened if this was to happen

Mind boggling, Im sure I read something when the guy from the SFA (or was it SFL) said he would take Rangers on their merits along with other clubs who wanted to apply.

Pretty sure that was the SFL. He also said they would need to meet the ground criteria amongst some other nonsense

David Longmuir from the SFL, and he also mentioned they'd have to take a good look at Ibrox to see if it met with the Div 3 Stadia criteria..