Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Borrowed from KDS (who stole it from the Eye) - thanks to sjrooney "Slicker"

Fixed that - credit where it's due. "Slicker" is an absolute hero of mine, and has uncovered much jiggery as well as pokery in the financial world.

I would recommend anyone to read the Eye - miles in front of the MSM on loads of stories, not afraid to tell the truth under pressure, and some cracking funnies as well.

Borrowed from KDS - thanks to sjrooney

Private Eye(not been proof read, may contain nuts :D )

In the City

PLANET FOOTBALL Rangers

THE full details can now be revealed why former owner Craig Whyte was banned for seven years from being a company director back in 2000 - a damaging fact that Whyte hid from football and City regulators when he acquired Rangers in May last year.

...complicated business stuff...

All these documents could have emerged if Whyte had admitted to the disqualification order. The tale they tell explains why he tried to keep it secret.

• Rangers creditors, meanwhile, will vote this week on whether to accept a proposed company voluntary arrangement that would see the club continue under new chairman Charles Green and so far unidentified overseas investors who have offered to loan the club £8.3m.

Whether the CVA goes through will depend on whether HMRC - owed £ 18.3m before either of the still unresolved two tax schemes' potential tax, interest and penalties of up to £75m are considered - votes in favour of taking pennies in

Pretty damning stuff - although I didnt follow half of it and anyone who says they did is a lair :lol:

Interesting and incorrect use of 'martial'. i.e. to do with war

Should be 'marshal' - to set out in proper order.

Yours sincerely,

The Grammar Nazi.

Thank you. I would have done the same thing in your shoes.

Yes, they are, with one exception. MK Dons is a recognizably different name from Wimbledon. Leeds, Charlton, Middlesborough, have one thing in common - the GEOGRAPHIC REFERENCE in the title of their club. This is the only exception to the rule introduced a few years back to stop this "continuation" nonsense. A new company (not necessarily a football club) carrying out a largely similar function to a liquidated company is not allowed to choose a name which "could lead to the belief that it is the same company as that which has been liquidated." I think the only one of those above which would have been affected (it's only been law for a few years) is Leeds, and Old Father Ken pulled some seriously nifty footwork to avoid actual liquidation (hence their 15 point penalty the next season, basically for using the FL's rules to his own advantage, or "being smarter than them" as it's known).

Soooooo...... Where exactly is "rangers", then? Is it a suburb of Govan? An estate on the outskirts of Paisley? Nope, didn't think so.

Govan Redhands Athletic it is, then...

That's wrong, I'm afraid. Section 216 of the 1986 Act imposes a general prohibition on the re-use of company names but there are a limited number of exceptions to that general rule. One of the exceptions is when the entire business undertaking is sold by administrators and notice is given to the former creditors and the world at large of the new company and new name etc.

Borrowed from KDS - thanks to sjrooney

Private Eye(not been proof read, may contain nuts :D )

What the fu...??

Can someone produce this in diagram form? I think I'm going to have to draw a map to work out what the hell just happened there!

Never mind Ivan The Terrible (Sorry, Big Yin):

A THOWSAND POWNDS (and a lifetime of Hughies) to any man who can provide us with audio or video from this afternoon's Shareholders' Bunfight Meeting at ibrokes!*

*Normal RFC(IA) rule apply, i.e. You give us the goodies, we give you the slip....

youre not rangers anymore!

youre not rangers

youre not rangers

youre not rangers anymoreeeeee!

Better late than never...C'mon in and join the party. ;)

People's turbo-optimism is running rampant!!

People's turbo-optimism hasn't been wrong too often. I have no doubt that the sensible sources out there have allowed the optimists to go a bit turbo. There's a few folk who deserve a lot of respect for their 'digging' around

great to hear that fans are rejoicing worldwide.

hope the saintees board will say NO along with Aberdeen.

although Iin saying that i've now a sneaky feeling that with things moving at a fairly fast pace now, that any newco won't even bother applying for SPL membership and will actually apply for SFL membership.

VOTE SPARTANS !

I had that very same thought this morning. Why even bother applying to join the SPL if they hold the notion that the rest of "the diddies" will die without them. Just apply for SFL membership straight up then and let the rest of us get on with it / die in relative peace. Also saves the embarassment a knock-back invariably delivers.

Looks like Admin is going to last another 8-10 weeks.

James Cook@BBCJamesCookMeeting closed to boos and whistles from shareholders. "How do you sleep at night?" shouted. #Rangers #RFC

Retweeted by NewMartin Me_at_Menie_normal.jpgJames Cook@BBCJamesCookPaulClark says administration will last 8-10 more weeks. Shouts of "more money" from shareholders. #Rangers #RFC

Edited by ReasonableGeezer

I`ve got a United & an Aberdeen fan pant-wetting on Facebook at the thought of no Rangers & how their clubs might not survive. Neither goes to games.

Similarly, my old flatmate was a Jambo and was saying it'd be disasterous for them without Rangers. Mind you, this was the guy who would happily sing hello hello with the "up to our knees" part. rolleyes.gif

What the fu...??

Can someone produce this in diagram form? I think I'm going to have to draw a map to work out what the hell just happened there!

Its amazing to think these guys come up with these schemes all the time - shifting assets and money around. They make their, personal, money out of doing nothing at all, it would seem!

As complex as that path of transactions was, I think it can be summarised in one line ...

Whyte is dodgy as f**k!

I have to admit that it is great to see them deal with their demise with utmost dignity.

Let us hope that Chuckie Green gets run out of town before the real Ra Gers 'fans'

start ripping the dead body to shreds and try to bring it back to life in many variations

of the name. Please die for all time and take your other cheek with you.

Johnston has been very quiet at Kilmarnock don't you think. Has he died? Or has

WhiteRoseKillie managed to shut the areshole up.

I've been trying to get the bugger to come out of his bunker since his last bit of arslhikan. I must confess, I have had fantasies about Kenny "taking him for a ride down the coast" - mibbes time to check the bunkers at Troon?:rolleyes: