Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I fully intend to drink my way through the divisions..The local publicans will see a sharp rise in their profits i would think. ;)

How many fans do you think will change over and follow the new club? Do you think the bad element will move across? You just need to look at RayBees, Caledonian108 and all the other greetin' former Caledonian fans to see that a fresh start has it's advantages.

ETA Alcohol is not the answer to your woes, believe me!!! And we don't really like ebil grumpy No8, he'll appear for the sorrow drowning sessions and then the hangover sessions on here, best to leave the pr!ck in the cupboard ;)

Edited by stonedsailor

very good point but i just cannot see how the SFA are going to get around this one without suspending them. the whole thing is a seriously sorry mess and someone needs to take control now. the man green is making even more of a mockery of our game!

I have to say i have come full circle on this. I would go further than merely suspending them..I would Expel Rangers Football Club forthwith!! Shower of cheating charlatans. A disgrace to the game!!!

I fully intend to drink my way through the divisions..The local publicans will see a sharp rise in their profits i would think. ;)

Sorry no8. - orcs are not welcome in EFFC pubs - you could try a one in Buckhaven where the Orc buses currently leave from

EDIT: I should have said used to leave from - I would bet the *** pub will be liquidated soon too

Edited by Claymores

Gah! Why did we not spot this easy method to get Scottish football back on it's feet!!

1350: Kevin McMillan: "Get some billionaires into Celtic and Rangers so they both can start competing against the best in Europe again"

Meeting closed to boos and whistles from shareholders. "How do you sleep at night?" shouted

To which Clark and Whitehouse replied:

"Well, after consuming two bottles of 1995 Chateau Margaux, and eating truffles and foie gras from the belly button of a Scandanavian super-model, very well, thanks."

1339678143[/url]' post='6335238']

We've had noise from St Johnstone (a while back), Killie and Hearts which some construe as yes-minded. We've had noise from Hibs and Dundee Utd which some construe as no-minded. We've had several clubs making general noises about hearing their fans views or discussing it with fan groups.

I don't think anyone's said anything categorical placing them on either side. Quite unsurprisingly.

Based on what's been said, I don't think Aberdeen are a definite 'No' any more than I think Killie are a definte 'Yes', basically. That's all I've suggested.

I don't think any chairman will declare for one side or another before the vote, all tha statements coming out follow the same pattern. Decisions must be based on sporting integrity and we will consult our fans...

The fans are definitely for killing Rangers but Sporting Integrity is a loose term that can be twisted to suit whatever decision comes to mind. If this decision comes down to pure economics then Motherwell are probably in the best position to say Yes to a newco since our season ticket sales are well up and any negativity about Rangers is washed away many times over with our European games. Of course that only effects this season. If it looks like mass walking away happens at other clubs then maybe long term it will be financially prudent to boot Rangers out. ..I am sure SPL chairmen will be desperate to know what value a TV deal has without the Old Firm since this is the only real sticking point.

Gah! Why did we not spot this easy method to get Scottish football back on it's feet!!

1350: Kevin McMillan: "Get some billionaires into Celtic and Rangers so they both can start competing against the best in Europe again"

It's already been tried. Mind Rangers had that guy with wealth off the radar? Having a billionaire in charge of your club is no guarantee of success.

That seems a fair and concise summary. After all this time, I'm still trying to work out if what Whyte did was genius or madness. He definitely had a plan, but I have no idea how well it went...

He clearly didn't expect all the media attention that he got and all the scrutiny over every part of his "empire", but I have no idea if he's made any money out of this. Lets not forget the ticketus money, the non payment of vat, and the selling off of Arsenal shares, with the money handled by another Craig Whyte company that was also wound up. Maybe he made a cheeky couple of million out of this, which is what he wanted?

Good question. Maybe he just did it for jollys? Maybe him and Murray were in cahoots and Murray slipped him a few quid to take the heat?

More likely, he's made some money out of this somewhere along the lines ... somehow!

Still no word on his floating charge, remember. Some sources reporting that Green is buying the stadium etc, but I dont know if that is actually the case or just lazy journalism.

Right now I’m hoping that:

Rangers are demoted to Division Three. Celtic fans can bleat on about it not being the same club, that the titles are revoked, whatever. It’ll always be the same club to me, and the titles I saw them win when I was a boy were won legally (so far as anyone knows). Rangers spent far more than the other clubs, but that’s no different to what Chelsea, Man City and PSG are doing elsewhere.

It is.

Those clubs didn't gain their financial power through the promotion of bigotry for a century+.

The SPL clubs have run a cartel for years; one-up, one-down, picking and choosing who they allow promotion, dictating to teams that they upgrade or build new stadiums. If after all that self-preservation, they are still so reliant on Rangers then to hell with them. If they run into trouble on the back of Rangers demise then boot them out the league as well.

Rather than the game being on it's knees, we actually have a chance to pull it off the ground and do some good again.

Sorry, but that is complete bollox. D&P, as administrators, had a primary duty to bring costs under control in order to enable rangers to carry on trading. Can you give me ONE example of them cutting costs? (and please don't parrot that wage "cut" which wasn't)

Maybe they booked the hotels in Perth and Edinburgh through Travelocity? Slashed Sally's pie allowance?

NO staff losses.

If they couldn't save the company, their duty is to maximise return for creditors. So what did rangers get?

MASSIVE administrator fees guaranteed to cripple whatever arises from the ashes.

NO attempt to encourage bidding on ibrokes, MP, carpark, etc.

STILL no redundancies - late in the day, but how many Div 3 clubs can afford a Goalkeeping coach? A first-team coach? A club ambassador, FFS?

I'm not saying that D&P have broken the law - as we've seen (yesterday's Eye story being a prime example), these financial sharks can f**k around with figures so fast that three-card monte looks like a fair game, while staying within the rules.

What I AM saying is that their actions have been so extraordinary since Agent Whyte pushed for their appointment that it would be incredible if they were not subject to investigation by their professional body - indeed, I reckon Insp. Knacker might get involved.

If I were a rangers fan (God forbid), I would be frothing at the mouth at D&P, not the SPL, SFA, or HMRC.

I'm not, so I'm laughing like a fucking drain. Bye bye, currants.

And yet not a single creditor apparently agrees with you. How peculiar.

I have to say i have come full circle on this. I would go further than merely suspending them..I would Expel Rangers Football Club forthwith!! Shower of cheating charlatans. A disgrace to the game!!!

My God, these modern drugs kick in sharpish! Can you get that stuff on the NHS? Slip a bit into Mrs WhiteRose's cocoa on a Saturday night and the good old days are back....

Dafc Honours

Scottish First Division Champions – 1989, 1996, 2011

Scottish Second Division Champions – 1926, 1986

Scottish Cup – Winners – 1961, 1968;

UEFA Cup Winners Cup - Semi Finalists - 1968-69

Rangers

ROOOOOOOOOND YE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give them time. They might one day catch Dunfermline's record of the most relegations from the top league since the premier started back in the 70's.

Maybe not initiated by a disgruntled creditor, but I thought H&Ds conduct and handling of this administration WAS under investigation.

Not as far as I'm aware. The liquidators will look at the whole process all the way back to Murray's time in charge and including the administrators but by that point it'll be far too late to stop the asset sale. If any creditors had misgivings about the sale price they only need to apply to the Court of Session to stop the sale. Not a single one has done so or threatened to do so. I'd suggest that's because, unlike most of the internet experts, they actually understand the process.

Just for posterity; from the Herald, December 24 2008.

Oh the irony <_<

[quote

Smith wants to see return of Atlantic League

Walter Smith has revealed Rangers would be prepared to leave a shadow squad to fulfil their domestic obligations in order to bridge the gap with Europe's elite clubs.

The Rangers manager yesterday floated the idea of an updated version of the Atlantic League, a stillborn idea promoted in the late 1990s by the continent's geographically handicapped, to revitalise the ambitions and replenish the finances of clubs who have outgrown their domestic environment, while rejuvenating what he considers to be a Champions League cartel.

He foresees a new European league - consisting of the top sides in Holland, Scandinavia and Scotland - running parallel with the domestic divisions and providing entry into the Champions League. Rangers, in theory, would have their A team performing in the Atlantic League, with a reserve side remaining in Scotland to challenge for a more open championship. Exposure to a superior general standard, not to mention to increased television revenue, would then enable the Old Firm to compete more keenly with the cream of Europe.

Smith has lamented the financial disparity that has prevented the Old Firm from making a serious and sustained challenge against the wealthiest clubs in England, Germany and Spain. He claims the Champions League has become devalued because Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have become so wealthy, and so consumed by winning the Barclays Premier League, they can afford to send out their second-string players for the group stages and still qualify for the latter stages.

When asked if Rangers would contemplate taking their first-team squad out of Scotland for the betterment of the club, Smith said: "Yes, but it would not necessarily mean we still won't have teams here. It would effectively be a B team but it would create, I would hope, a situation where we could still have a decent challenge here as well. It would also give the other teams what they crave: the opportunity to challenge for the championship."

Rangers' earning power has been ruined this year by their failure to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, after being knocked out by FBK Kaunas in the qualifiers. Celtic's domestic dominance has been financed by their European progress in the past three years, qualifying for the last 16 on two occasions prior to this season. Smith believes the Old Firm brand deserves a greater platform and despite the Scottish Premier League agreeing a £125m 10-year television deal with Setanta Sports, he believes they are still being sold short.

"We are two huge clubs who deserve to be in better circumstances than we are in Scotland," he said. "There are a number of big clubs in Europe who find themselves in the same situation. We are all hamstrung in terms of finance in comparison to the other leagues and there are not too many people doing a great deal to try and equalise things. "It is going to be a huge problem for European football, probably the biggest.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool are all now playing reserve teams in the Champions League and keeping the main ones for their own league tournament. That slightly devalues the Champions League simply because of the financial advantage they have got.

"It is not going to be me or anyone else who changes it: UEFA have got to start trying to help bigger clubs in small countries. There are a load of them out there looking not for an equal level of finance to England, Spain and Germany but the disparity shouldn't be as it is at the moment."

The Atlantic League was the brainchild of Frank Kales, the former commercial manager of Ajax. His plan was endorsed by the Dutch Football Association, the KNVB, back in 1999 and was backed by Allan MacDonald, the former Celtic chief executive. Rangers were less public in their support.

The idea never got beyond the planning stage but with the gap now beginning to affect club football's premier competition and the G14 pressure group now disbanded after securing their monopoly, Smith believes that UEFA must now take the initiative for the good of the game.

"It is the biggest problem in European football and it impacts on us at the Old Firm and a lot of other clubs in a similar situation," he said. "The problem is wider than letting a few more teams into the Champions League. My own feeling is there should be a Champions League but there should be another European league, not to rival it but which can run alongside it, involving the big teams from the smaller leagues in a Saturday fixture. It can rival domestic leagues and, yes, involve Rangers maybe going to play in Belgium, Scandinavia or Holland.

"We have to offer a way - or someone has to come up with a way - of trying to challenge the teams in the Champions League. UEFA have a responsibility to look at it to bring a level of finance that would allow the big teams in small countries to compete, then we would have a real challenge, more than we have at present. I would hope to see it happen but I probably won't."

Smith's comments came after Gordon Strachan, his Old Firm counterpart, stated his hope that the credit crisis would create a level playing field by forcing English clubs to stop paying exorbitant salaries. If UEFA do not act, Smith warned a club from outwith the most financially powerful leagues may never again win the European Cup.

"We are not making a challenge," he said. "Who is going to win it? Real Madrid? Manchester United? You are not going to get Ajax or Porto winning again. England have got what they have got and will make sure they keep it, so there won't be a distribution of wealth."

]

The SPL clubs have run a cartel for years; one-up, one-down, picking and choosing who they allow promotion, dictating to teams that they upgrade or build new stadiums. If after all that self-preservation, they are still so reliant on Rangers then to hell with them. If they run into trouble on the back of Rangers demise then boot them out the league as well.

Rather than the game being on it's knees, we actually have a chance to pull it off the ground and do some good again.

totally agree!