Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yeah, John Hall was the villain too, but we obviously we have two different versions of events. The figure I was quoted at the time was around the £35,000.

Whatever the figure paid, Ballantyne put another senior club out the game -despicable bu both Hall and Ballantyne.

If Ballantyne and others involved at Airdrieonians had any dignity they would have reformed a new club from scratch and not stolen another clubs identity.

When Morton were in trouble and there was a possibility of liquidation, the guys involved discussed buying another club as happened with the Airdrie/Clydebank scenario - there was a massive NO to this ploy, and an agrrement that if we went out of business we would start from scratch.

What I will say, in nthe end up, it was probably the best thing that happened to Clydebank as the fans now have total control of their new club, but that still doesn't exonerate Hall & Ballantyne from carrying out such a despicable act.

Fo your sake, I hope the Zombies don't try a similar ploy with Airdrie United - you'd maybe change your tune if that was to happen !

You sure?

We went into admin around 2000 and came out in 2002. The Airdrie/Clydebank thing happened after this.

Green a 'rangers man'

Uh huh.

I'm grateful that you're now P&B's moral guardian. I'm sure I don't need to search for posts from you commenting On any female over your history on P&B.

I think you missed my point about Green. By quite a long way actually.

And go ahead. You'll find that I have more than once called for the removal of photos of others when I didnt feel it was appropriate.

I love Partick Thistle as passionately as any other football fan, but if this was Thistle, and John Lambie came on the tv tomorrow and said he was fronting a takeover bid, I would be absolutely delighted for about 10 mins before reality kicked in and I asked where this money is coming from and why it's taken him so long to do this. The point being that if you asked rankers fans who Watty's backers are they probably couldn't tell you. All they hear and see is Watty saying he has trillionaires backing him.

Sadly, if it were Thistle going down the gurgler - and don't be surprised when it happens - very few would give a flying f*ck to raise a vote at league meetings. Maybe Chris Jack would pen an identikit article for the Evening Times.

Rangers fans couldn't tell you who's backing The Man With One Name because, if what I've heard about one of the rumoured backers is true, it's going to make the last four months look like a picnic.

No-one is getting screwed over except Sevco, the SPL are seeking clarity because the legal situation looks very much as if t'Rangers cannot legally be treated as the same entity as Rangers.

The HMRC gave this as their reason for refusing the CVA, they can go after Rangers and the people who mismanaged them without going after the entirely new entity which has been created in their place from the rubble.

Rangers pushed the SFA into accepting that the law of the land takes precedent over football regulations.

The SFA must now treat t'Rangers in the same way that the law does, they are a different entity, they are NOT Rangers, never have been, never will be.

ETA, I will keep repeating this point because I am sure it makes absolute sense and to give you an analogy as to what has happened if a car is scrapped melted down and turned into razor blades it is not going to get an MoT because it's not a car anymore, it might still have a full service history but you are not going to drive it down to Tescos.

I think you're taking the legal precedence from the CoS and applying it to a different scenario, to be honest.

As a business, Rangers 2.0 (thanks PeeTeeJag :D ) are, of course, totally different from Rangers 1.0 - although at the the moment both still exist. Because both exist, they can apply to transfer the SPL share and SFA membership from 1.0 to 2.0.

In legal and financial terms, once 1.0 is liquidated that is it. Its corporate existence dies, as does its liabilities. However, if the football memberships have already been transferred to 2.0, why would they die with it? The answer, of course, is that they wont.

Rangers SPL share is in the name of the oldco and is not transferrable, when a team is relegated their share is sold back to the SPL and subsequently bought by the promoted team SFL membership is likewise 'transferred' under an arrangement with the SFL.

So the SPL will have to issue another share for sale until the oldco share is sold back to the SPL,

As Newco do not have membership of the SFL they will have to apply should a position become available due to a club leaving, this position will be open to application by any qualifying club and the SFL member clubs will have to vote on which club they wish to admit. Under the SFL articles this would be into the lowest division.

Newco must also apply for membership of the SFA as membership is again not transferrable and under their articles the club applying must have been accepted by a league organisation.

Airdrie bought Clydebank changing the club name, the SFL and SFA membership still remains under the name of Clydebank.

OK Newco will probably be rubberstamped into Scottish football, but the scenario could still be that they don't get into the SPL and the SFL vote in Spartans or any other club who wishes to apply for the SFL,but that is wishful thinking.

Of course the rangers fans and apologist press will not let the facts get in the way of their delusion that they are Scottish football and that the rest of us only their to make up the numbers.

Im sorry, but most of that is just plain wrong. The SFA has specific articles outlining the circumstances where a membership transfer can happen and the SPL voted just a few weeks ago to change to process of voting and, potentially "punishing" any share transfer to a newco.

SFA rules - page 101

SPL link

I think you missed my point about Green. By quite a long way actually.

I don't think so. Green has no previous association with the club in its previous guise.

And go ahead. You'll find that I have more than once called for the removal of photos of others when I didnt feel it was appropriate.

Sure about that? You've a long post history on here.

You've got the attention you were seeking. Get back to trolling the GN threads.

An awful lot of people assume that if 'The The' gets back into football through the three leagues of the SFL it'll simply waltz back to the SPL in three seasons.

I don't think so. Green has no previous association with the club in its previous guise.

Sure about that? You've a long post history on here.

You've got the attention you were seeking. Get back to trolling the GN threads.

You missed my point, by a million miles! Were you dropped on the head a lot as a child? Go back and read. Green is out to make a profit, he doesnt care about Rangers. And as I quite clearly said, this new "consortium" obviously see the chance to make a medium term profit as well, and are no more Rangers men than Green is. Meaning that none of them are "Rangers men". How much clearer does it need to be?

Oh, and I don't "troll". But if you're threatening to trawl my posts and find me making lewd comments over a photo of a girl that isnt in the public domain, go ahead and make my christmas.

Tell us more Doc.....we are all jags fans here...lol

I wish 'we' were all Jags fans. smile.gif One of the many bits of gossip I heard was that a former football club director with ... how can I put this ... very unlikely credentials to be a Rangers man has a hand in the Smith-fronted operation. rolleyes.gif

I wish 'we' were all Jags fans. smile.gif One of the many bits of gossip I heard was that a former football club director with ... how can I put this ... very unlikely credentials to be a Rangers man has a hand in the Smith-fronted operation. rolleyes.gif

Mmmm...lemmy guess....Michael Kelly :lol:

You missed my point, by a million miles! Were you dropped on the head a lot as a child?

Petty insults are ok in Xbl's warped world.

Go back and read. Green is out to make a profit, he doesnt care about Rangers. And as I quite clearly said, this new "consortium" obviously see the chance to make a medium term profit as well, and are no more Rangers men than Green is. Meaning that none of them are "Rangers men". How much clearer does it need to be?

It's blatantly obvious why Green is involved and as obvious why the last minute failed rangers men bid came in, we've covered that days ago.

Oh, and I don't "troll". But if you're threatening to trawl my posts and find me making lewd comments over a photo of a girl that isnt in the public domain, go ahead and make my christmas.

:lol: do you think I have that much time to waste on you? :lol:

As I said before get off your high horse.

Any 'open' website is public domain. If readers from here see it, then it's out there.

Surely they can't just switch Dundee and Rangers in the fixture list due to clashes with United and Sellik.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9335076/Rangers-to-be-excluded-from-SPL-fixture-list.html

Not exactly an issue if Dunfermline retain their status?

There needs to be more clarity over who'd benefit if zombieco don't get in the SPL.

Guess it also shows adverse effects of Haudit and Daudit dragging out the administration if we're now at stage where fixture lists can be questioned

Petty insults are ok in Xbl's warped world.

It's blatantly obvious why Green is involved and as obvious why the last minute failed rangers men bid came in, we've covered that days ago.

:lol: do you think I have that much time to waste on you? :lol:

As I said before get off your high horse.

Any 'open' website is public domain. If readers from here see it, then it's out there.

What was all the nonsense about me falling for the "Ranjurs men" stuff then?

And I wasnt the one who used trawling my old posts as an attempted threat. You also have a different standard of "public domain" from me. An incorrect one. I'd rather stay on my high horse than be down in the sewers.