Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yeah, John Hall was the villain too, but we obviously we have two different versions of events. The figure I was quoted at the time was around the £35,000.

Whatever the figure paid, Ballantyne put another senior club out the game -despicable bu both Hall and Ballantyne.

If Ballantyne and others involved at Airdrieonians had any dignity they would have reformed a new club from scratch and not stolen another clubs identity.

When Morton were in trouble and there was a possibility of liquidation, the guys involved discussed buying another club as happened with the Airdrie/Clydebank scenario - there was a massive NO to this ploy, and an agrrement that if we went out of business we would start from scratch.

What I will say, in nthe end up, it was probably the best thing that happened to Clydebank as the fans now have total control of their new club, but that still doesn't exonerate Hall & Ballantyne from carrying out such a despicable act.

Fo your sake, I hope the Zombies don't try a similar ploy with Airdrie United - you'd maybe change your tune if that was to happen !

We aint a million miles away from one another on the subject m8.Airdrie Utd were formed straight away,and tried to do what Rangers are doing and applied to get their league status back.They were refused entry even into the SFL div 3,Gretna were given the vote over us.That is why Jim Ballantyne went down another route...which i fear Green may do if he is genuine about getting a team up and running,and the leagues knock back his entry.

I am not heartless in the matter,i do feel for the Bankies in the fact they are now forced to play as a Junior side.It would have been so much easier if the league had let Airdrie United in at the beginning...they didn't,and the rest is history.Shoe on the other foot though,say it was your club this had happened too.Would you still think it unfair what happened to Clydebank,and that your club was wrong in doing this.If yes,then you have how i,and many other fans felt at the takeover...but we were still glad to be able to have a team on the park for the next season.

I have also said this a few time earlier in the thread that i believe in Karma,and what goes round comes back around.This might be Airdries Karma if the rumours are true.will we be gutted,of course we will,but i agree with you in that it will be no different to what happened to Clydebank...except for the fact were not in admin like they were.

Edited by Forever Diamond

Its perfectly clear. Dunfermline have been relegated. End of

I'm not clear on it having read the SPL's articles of association and their rules.

It can be interpreted that if a side I'd expelled from SPL that they become the relegated side.

I've not seen anything indicating that an additional team from the SFL would step up.

If Rangers 2.0 arent in the SPL then Dundee will be. Then the losing play off finalists from each division will also be promoted, leaving a vacancy in division 3. Unless something strange happens, like Rangers 2.0 being admitted to the SPL then relegated, although that would seem unlikely, if its even possible

I guess we'll see how that vote goes, if it wasnt rangers I doubt there'd even be a vote.

Is Wattie sitting in a bath? His shirt looks soaking.

Maybe someone can tell him that he doesn't need to wear his cardigan when on holiday.

I'd love this to part to wrangle of for ages.

Wattie just doesn't get it.

His 'team' are not wanted in the SPL: or, it would seem, elsewhere.

Wattie just doesn't get it.

His 'team' are not wanted in the SPL: or, it would seem, elsewhere.

Can't believe the brass neck of smith ,strong roumors he picked up about £2m in EBTs years after leaving rangers, now the succulent media are lauding him as the saviour .

You sure?

We went into admin around 2000 and came out in 2002. The Airdrie/Clydebank thing happened after this.

hmmm.....was around the same time....but I can assure you that the STT group discussed going down this route and were unanimous against such a move.

STT would have started a new club ,along similar lines to what Clydebank did., and would not have tried to put another club out of business.

Ask the usual suspects who will confirm this.

I am taking legal precedence from both the CoS (football authorities having to give precedence to the law of the land over football regulations) and from the corporate personality principle. I am taking my own deductions from it and I am not trained in law so you may be correct and I may be wrong.

I totally get where you are coming from but as Rangers are the members and SEVCO are only a company who own a decaying stadium and a training facility. If the share is transfered then the liabilities of Rangers, including the EBT investigation and the disrepute charges do not transfer ergo nothing else transfers with it. How can you stop the transfer of the ownership of disciplinary liability and not stop transfer of the ownership of achievement? To gain access to the SPL football clubs have had to achieve a certain criteria eg wining the SFL championship, Sevco will not have done that.

True, but I dont see that is relevant, if the share is transferred. Again, it comes down to separating the football entity from the legal company that "owns" it. They are treated as one and the same - hence the disrepute charges for Whytes conduct - but they are, actually, seperate. Hence why a football share can be transferred from one company to another. If the share is transferred then I would argue that the footballing liabilities very much do transfer too.

I'm not clear on it having read the SPL's articles of association and their rules.

It can be interpreted that if a side I'd expelled from SPL that they become the relegated side.

I've not seen anything indicating that an additional team from the SFL would step up.

I guess we'll see how that vote goes, if it wasnt rangers I doubt there'd even be a vote.

Where could it be interpreted that the expelled side become the relegate side? The rule about members "ceasing to play" could be interpreted that Dunfermline would stay up, but that rule is obviously intended to be applied during a season. The last season has already ended and the rules are quite clear that team at the bottom of the league at the end of the season, is relegated.

I know it hasnt been officially confirmed, but it has been pretty widely reported that Dundee would go up if there was no Rangers 2.0 in the SPL.

A poll currently running on Black & White Army has the 'no' camp at 99.08% :)

good on ya guys, keep it going

senn a snippet in one of the papers yesterday that Hibs fans are overwhelmingly in the 'No' camp.

Keep the pressure on.

Note to the Cockwomble, daily retard et al:

See, that's how you do it. Go to SKY, ask them what's the situation, get an answer. So much quicker and easier than weeks/months of scaremongering and speculation. Unless, of course, you've got another agenda here......

We aint a million miles away from one another on the subject m8.Airdrie Utd were formed straight away,and tried to do what Rangers are doing and applied to get their league status back.They were refused entry even into the SFL div 3,Gretna were given the vote over us.That is why Jim Ballantyne went down another route...which i fear Green may do if he is genuine about getting a team up and running,and the leagues knock back his entry.

I am not heartless in the matter,i do feel for the Bankies in the fact they are now forced to play as a Junior side.It would have been so much easier if the league had let Airdrie United in at the beginning...they didn't,and the rest is history.Shoe on the other foot though,say it was your club this had happened too.Would you still think it unfair what happened to Clydebank,and that your club was wrong in doing this.If yes,then you have how i,and many other fans felt at the takeover...but we were still glad to be able to have a team on the park for the next season.

I have also said this a few time earlier in the thread that i believe in Karma,and what goes round comes back around.This might be Airdries Karma if the rumours are true.will we be gutted,of course we will,but i agree with you in that it will be no different to what happened to Clydebank...except for the fact were not in admin like they were.

okay, we'll agree to disagree on a few points but that's us pals again.

this loophole should have been closed, so hope 'rangers' can't do the same - a club of such former stature and integrity wouldn't, do that, would they ?

Not sure if this has been posted but the SFL's Longmuir is positioning a route for Newco to drop in to Division 1 in return for a massive restructure of the Leagues. Fair exchange?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/16/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-could-be-offered-place-in-division-one-as-part-of-sfl-86908-23896636/

I enjoy your posts and like Airdrie Utd but sorry..

Really? So if Ballantyne sells to Green he's to blame? No bother. Airdrie stole Clydebank's league place. Of course they blame Hall - he tried to destroy them and suceeded- nobody is denying that but Ballantyne's ethics stink.

Would Airdrie fans be happy if Green lets you keep your name and what passes as your history? Why the f@@@ would Airdrie want Clydebanks name anyway - he was hardly doing them a favour. If Green buys airdrie then that is vehmently wrong but when Ballantyne did the same to Clydebank that was wrong too.

It was morally wrong - regardless of Clydebank's problems they did not deserve to lose their club in that manner, Aridrie weren't voted in (which I believe was wrong especially after what happened to Gretna the club that were) - and precedents were set. You can't moan if it happens to you - the scenario is the same.

That said - I hope it doesn't happen. :rolleyes:

Never said i would moan my friend,i have quoted several times in this thread that it may be Karma for us.We did it to Clydebank,so The Rangers may now look to do it to us.I will be gutted of course.I for one,and i know i wasn't alone was not happy about how we managed to get ourselves back into the football league.I would rather have kept going as Airdrieonians,but the cost of doing this was too much for Ballantyne,and the cheaper option after Airdrie Utd were knocked back returning as a newco was to buy Clydebank.

I agree it wasn't right what JB did to Clydebank,and i know they would rather have stayed where they were,but they were all but finished when JB pounced.If the fans had got the club back then would they have had enough backing to keep it running for much longer...we will never know,but the fact they were without proper facilities and a ground it may well have been hard for them.It is not a great consolation i know that they got their name,badge and colours back,but at least they get to still play with them,which sadly we dont as our badge died,as did my clubs name.It is great to still have a team to follow,but will never ever be the same,and i know for a fact many of our fans would love to still have the old badge and name today.

So if Rangers are forced to go down this road then we have no right to condemn anyone,as yes,we did it as well.

Edited by Forever Diamond

Note to the Cockwomble, daily retard et al:

See, that's how you do it. Go to SKY, ask them what's the situation, get an answer. So much quicker and easier than weeks/months of scaremongering and speculation. Unless, of course, you've got another agenda here......

Im not sure we should read too much into a posting on their forum by a "Sky advisor". Theyre unlikely to be involved, or have any knowledge, of contractual negotiations.

Not sure if this has been posted but the SFL's Longmuir is positioning a route for Newco to drop in to Division 1 in return for a massive restructure of the Leagues. Fair exchange?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23896636/

As long as they sign away their 'history' and admit to being a new entity with no trophies and such, then I suppose it could be a possibility