Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9337279/Rangers-would-have-to-start-in-Scottish-League-Division-Three-says-SFL-chief-executive-David-Longmuir.html

Good to see Blazerati Longmuir having the balls to nail his colours to the mast.

That would leave Rangers facing the prospect of meeting the likes of East Stirling, Annan Athletic, Peterhead and Montrose four times a season and replacing the Old Firm clash with derby matches against Queen's Park.

This would be the "new" new firm derby thenlaugh.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

...whatever, but you will be forever be remembered as cheats, and your new clubs nickname now appears to be 'The Zombies'.

If it were my club I'd be ashamed, but then again, you used to be Rangers, the biggest club in the universe.

No one liked you, you didn't care - now you really know how true that was.

You'd better get used to 'The Zombies', no nickname could be more appropriate.

Look, what exactly do you expect Rangers fans to do??

"OHHH, you know what? See that club I've supported all my life of which 99% of it's employees are innocent of wrong doing? I'm going to stop supporting them 'cause David Murray and Craig White are a couple of crooks"

Rangers' accounts and dealings were scrutinised VERY heavily in the last few months, and a lot of the players and such are clearly guilty of accepting payments in methods that are unlawful, do you think that we are the only club to have done that? Football is currupt as f**k and not a team in the world has played by the rules at all times. I'm not saying it's right, and from what it looks like Rangers were involved in quite a lot of dodgy dealings but it's the actions of individuals within the club. You can't exactly just 'turn off' your liking towards your favourite football team.

Am I ashamed of the things Rangers did in the last 20 years or so? Of course. Am I going to stop supporting them or apologise for the actions of individuals within the club? Will I f**k.

So what do you expect decent Rangers fans to do in this situation???

...whatever, but you will be forever be remembered as cheats, and your new clubs nickname now appears to be 'The Zombies'.

If it were my club I'd be ashamed, but then again, you used to be Rangers, the biggest club in the universe.

No one liked you, you didn't care - now you really know how true that was.

You'd better get used to 'The Zombies', no nickname could be more appropriate.

Look, what exactly do you expect Rangers fans to do??

"OHHH, you know what? See that club I've supported all my life of which 99% of it's employees are innocent of wrong doing? I'm going to stop supporting them 'cause David Murray and Craig White are a couple of crooks"

Rangers' accounts and dealings were scrutinised VERY heavily in the last few months, and a lot of the players and such are clearly guilty of accepting payments in methods that are unlawful, do you think that we are the only club to have done that? Football is currupt as f**k and not a team in the world has played by the rules at all times. I'm not saying it's right, and from what it looks like Rangers were involved in quite a lot of dodgy dealings but it's the actions of individuals within the club. You can't exactly just 'turn off' your liking towards your favourite football team.

Am I ashamed of the things Rangers did in the last 20 years or so? Of course. Am I going to stop supporting them or apologise for the actions of individuals within the club? Will I f**k.

Fair point, and looking to the future, never mind audited a/c's, whats the deal with financial fair play + wages to turnover???? The 4 years out of Europe might be even longer if the players go to newcorpse...

Interesting point on FFP - as I understand it, allowances were going to be made for existing long-term contracts to give teams time to trim their wage bills. Which is interesting because:

a) zombieCo don't actually have any players, or even income to set against wages.

b) Any player who was contracted to rangers (dcsd) can transfer, under TUPE, on his old T&Cs. (a la McCloggough). Given that the currants' turnover wasn't enough to pay the players (or their taxes) when they were at the top of the tree, let alone what they'll be scraping together in the 3rd., fun and frivolity is going to be the order of the day.

Oh, that cheery berr with his "worst case scenario"! He obviously lacks the imagination to foresee exactly how much entertainment his heroes are going to provide in the coming months and years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: If Spencey is getting the President's job, can I nominate Longmuir a Secretary of State? A second pair of balls in the Scottish game - how many more are going to realise it's better to risk the operation and cut out the cancer than to suffer a long, slow and painful death?

Oh, yes, nearly forgot - Sally, if the SFA give you a punishmant, just take it. You may fancy appealing, but you should be careful what you wish for :D

TalkSport just interviewed some Scottish guys at the Euros in Poland. Asked who they were supporting, one remarked 'ABI - anyone but Ireland', with four of the other five stating 'England', the vox pop ending with a rousing 'Come on England' from the Scotsmen.

Guess which disgraced and now defunct football club they supported?

If they were on Talksport they'd have to be West Ham, Tottenham or Arsenal fans.

As your team is gone, go find another to support, even if its newcorpse. As long as you stop bleating about what happened to them.

If I care more, I'd split that post up into quotes, but on every point you made the same question applies: How do you know this?

Or are you just being presumptuous? Ibrox is in 'dire' need of maintenance is it? Who have HMRC sent the dogs in for? As far as I knew Rangers were liquidated.

You know as much about this as I do, which is exactly what I've read in the media. Going by all the different articles I've read, 1st division seems like the most likely outcome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hiya, Chick! Hiya pal! I can exclusively reveal that we've all been awfa worried about ye!

Sky Help Team@SkyHelpTeam@Dodeaitken We have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League. MM

Retweeted by Derek Holland View conversation

So is this real or not?

Its a genuine account despite what the muppets said on Radio Scotland yesterday about it being a rogue tweet. #nearlygotfoundout

Edited by ReasonableGeezer

If I care more, I'd split that post up into quotes, but on every point you made the same question applies: How do you know this?

Or are you just being presumptuous? Ibrox is in 'dire' need of maintenance is it? Who have HMRC sent the dogs in for? As far as I knew Rangers were liquidated.

You know as much about this as I do, which is exactly what I've read in the media. Going by all the different articles I've read, 1st division seems like the most likely outcome.

Most likely First Division clubs don't want you in the league.

Interesting point on FFP - as I understand it, allowances were going to be made for existing long-term contracts to give teams time to trim their wage bills. Which is interesting because:

a) zombieCo don't actually have any players, or even income to set against wages.

b) Any player who was contracted to rangers (dcsd) can transfer, under TUPE, on his old T&Cs. (a la McCloggough). Given that the currants' turnover wasn't enough to pay the players (or their taxes) when they were at the top of the tree, let alone what they'll be scraping together in the 3rd., fun and frivolity is going to be the order of the day.

Oh, that cheery berr with his "worst case scenario"! He obviously lacks the imagination to foresee exactly how much entertainment his heroes are going to provide in the coming months and years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: If Spencey is getting the President's job, can I nominate Longmuir a Secretary of State? A second pair of balls in the Scottish game - how many more are going to realise it's better to risk the operation and cut out the cancer than to suffer a long, slow and painful death?

Oh, yes, nearly forgot - Sally, if the SFA give you a punishmant, just take it. You may fancy appealing, but you should be careful what you wish for :D

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

link for the pdf of 2012 edition for folk to peruse :D

What are you talking about ya tit?

Brad, a wee word to aid your enjoyment :-

1. Don't act like a c*nt.

2. Be civil. It doesn't cost anything.

3. Be aware that there are a lot of guys on here that know a lot more about this topic than you. Accept that fact.

4. Relax and enjoy, you might learn something.

5. Maintain a sense of humour and a sense of perspective.

6. If in doubt, ASK.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I know that bloke King in South Africa who spunked millions into Rangers and had his passport confiscated was quoted in the press saying Ibrox needed millions spent on it. However, seemingly like everyone else connected with th'Rangers, he's supposedly a bit crooked so not sure whether we should believe him.

I know that bloke King in South Africa who spunked millions into Rangers and had his passport confiscated was quoted in the press saying Ibrox needed millions spent on it. However, seemingly like everyone else connected with th'Rangers, he's supposedly a bit crooked so not sure whether we should believe him.

Is this the guy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWVCRkJWow