Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So legally Rangers don't exist.

Therefore a court action could be raised should they suddenly reappear in the SPL?

You know some people should be barred from posting in this thread.

Of course Rangers F.C. still exist, not in a pleasant state but are alive and still in administration. The company who holds the SFA membership and owns the SPL share don't have any other assets but it doesn't mean they are dead. We are in the process of Sevco trying to extract assets from Rangers PLC and seeking permission of the relevant authorities to move non-transferable assets.

It's in the rules.

Any rules should have a proviso that allows normal procedure to be overridden when the situation dictates. This farce needs brought to a head urgently so two weeks is too long given the length of time the clubs have known about the situation.

It probably wont be what happens, true, but that would only be because the footballing authorities are ignoring the law of the land again.

Do I really have to spell this out for you?

The Rangers fans on here and all over every type of media were shouting about how FIFA, the SFA and everyone were defeated by the mighty Gers (deceased) and now the very issue on which their survival in another form depends upon is the very same issue which they claim to have defeated the SFA and FIFA over.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, either they never died and accept all responsabilities or they died.

The other point I have to make is that the SPL share is just a share in a company, it is not a continuation of anything. The arguments over SFA membership are a little more blurred but the SPL share thing is crystal clear. Shares are transfered from the relegated team to the promoted team, it does not mean that Ross C*unty can call themselves Dunfermline now.

You've already spelled it out, many times. That doesnt make you any more right though :rolleyes:

We all know the legal implications of liquidation. We all know that the newco is not, legally, the same company as the oldco. We all know that, legally, this means the debts of the oldco dont transfer over and the newco cannot be chased for them.

However, we're not talking about legal, company identities. We are talking about football entities. IF the SPL share is transfered AND IF the SFA membership is transferred then the football entity is the same, despite it being held by a different company.

Having just read this article Im even more convinced that you are wrong.

edited to add - the only bit I, seem, to have got wrong is that there may be no need to apply for a transfer of SFA membership.

So legally Rangers don't exist.

Therefore a court action could be raised should they suddenly reappear in the SPL?

Which Rangers? :lol:

The oldco still exists, as it hasnt been liquidated yet. But, as the assets have already been sold to the newco, that isnt really relevant anyway

Edited by Mr X

Any rules should have a proviso that allows normal procedure to be overridden when the situation dictates.

I think something similar was tried with the transfer embargo ;) . This needs to be done by the book otherwise SevCo will back at the CoS before you can say "On Ilkla Moor baht 'at"

Any rules should have a proviso that allows normal procedure to be overridden when the situation dictates. This farce needs brought to a head urgently so two weeks is too long given the length of time the clubs have known about the situation.

There are rules to do that, they just haven't been invoked. The chairmen want this two weeks to see what the fallout is and what consensus can be reached before the meeting. There is still plenty of time to get the SPL house in order.

The SFL might be under time pressure, I am sure it will be their decision on who gets promoted out of Dundee or Dunfermline (or they could choose to promote no one) and which club gets the open spot in SFL 3.

I think something similar was tried with the transfer embargo ;) . This needs to be done by the book otherwise SevCo will back at the CoS before you can say "On Ilkla Moor baht 'at"

There's a big difference between bringing forward the date of a meeting for everyone's benefit and introducing a punishment but given the circumstances I expect you're right.

How could they be given a schedule for finishing second? Club 12 like everyone else have to play each team 3 times, then post split the fixtures are decided for whichever teams and played on the dates listed at the bottom of the fixtures list, no?

The SPL take a punt based on the previous seasons fixtures. It tries to guess the likely top/bottom six finishers

There's a big difference between bringing forward the date of a meeting for everyone's benefit and introducing a punishment but given the circumstances I expect you're right.

You're right with regard to your original point. There should be some rule that says that the normal 14 day period of notice can be reduced in certain circumstances, so long as X% of clubs agree to this. this would have to be accompanied by each club allowing some sort of proxy vote in the event that a club chariman couldn't attend the meeting at short notice. It's incredible the SPL doesn't have a provision such as this in place.

Of course maybe they do and they don't want to use it. I still feel the SPL chairmen would be delighted if this decision was taken out of their hands.

Edit to add: JMG has maybe already clarified this. :)

Edited by Granny Danger

There are rules to do that, they just haven't been invoked. The chairmen want this two weeks to see what the fallout is and what consensus can be reached before the meeting. There is still plenty of time to get the SPL house in order.

The SFL might be under time pressure, I am sure it will be their decision on who gets promoted out of Dundee or Dunfermline (or they could choose to promote no one) and which club gets the open spot in SFL 3.

This has been going on for months, and the scenario of a newco applying for the SPL known for almost as long. Its been debated on here, and no doubt other forums, radio and tv, covered in the press and Im sure every single SPL chairman will have had some communication with fans on the subject.

Why on earth would they need another two weeks to "see what the fallout is"?

You're right with regard to your original point. There should be some rule that says that the normal 14 day period of notice can be reduced in certain circumstances, so long as X% of clubs agree to this. this would have to be accompanied by each club allowing some sort of proxy vote in the event that a club chariman couldn't attend the meeting at short notice. It's incredible the SPL doesn't have a provision such as this in place.

Of course maybe they do and they don't want to use it. I still feel the SPL chairmen would be delighted if this decision was taken out of their hands.

Edit to add: JMG has maybe already clarified this. :)

Yep. Looks like they do but just aren't taking advantage of it. I agree with Granny in that it's probably just another delaying tactic. I'm sure all Chairmen already know how they're going to vote.

You've already spelled it out, many times. That doesnt make you any more right though :rolleyes:

We all know the legal implications of liquidation. We all know that the newco is not, legally, the same company as the oldco. We all know that, legally, this means the debts of the oldco dont transfer over and the newco cannot be chased for them.

However, we're not talking about legal, company identities. We are talking about football entities. IF the SPL share is transfered AND IF the SFA membership is transferred then the football entity is the same, despite it being held by a different company.

Having just read this article Im even more convinced that you are wrong.

edited to add - the only bit I, seem, to have got wrong is that there may be no need to apply for a transfer of SFA membership.

Which Rangers? :lol:

The oldco still exists, as it hasnt been liquidated yet. But, as the assets have already been sold to the newco, that isnt really relevant anyway

Fair enough.

This article has me convinced otherwise but that will be up to the parties involved and the legal advice they take. None of us know how this will pan out yet but in my mind and the minds of many others Rangers died and their fans should never be allowed to forget it.

I cant believe others have missed this one...

Boxing Day - Wednesday 26 December

Club 12 v Celtic

Thats the biggest indication yet that the decision has already been taken at some level irrespective of what we are told...

The fixture list was drawn up, pre-failed CVA, with Rangers in mind.

Club 12 have just replaced them.