Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is just rubbish.

Given that there has never been a remotely realistic prospect of either of the OF going down south an insertion into any given sponsor's deal about 'should Rangers and/or Celtic' leave would have been prescient in the extreme. Until February this year there was no need for such a clause...it would have been like getting a specific insurance policy for your football ground in case of destruction by runaway zoo animals.

Which sponsors anyway? You mean to say that a Paisley businessman would be happy to back his local team unless somehow games v the Glasgow teams were not forthcoming? How does that work? Were his sponsorship deals only worth having for three, maybe four games a season then? Wouldn't he just want to reach his target audience of people likely to buy his product?

It doesn't make sense on any level.

If we're speaking national sponsors, then again, we'd have to assume a ludicrous level of foresight, but even given that are we to believe that such is the worth of 50k punters to your audience that you'd instantly turn your back on the other c.100k if that smaller proportion suddenly became untenable and walk away completely from your target market? What kind of business model is that?

My answer would be: none that exists in the real world.

Plus why build that in to agreements, makes no sense...maybe scaring us to allow a div 1 place as seen as a fair punishment

Edited by LordHawHaw

Presumably the SPL chairmen think their fans' heads button up the back here. This scenario has been unfolding for months and on July 2nd they come out with this guff.

Send them packing, boycott every single mealy-mouthed sycophant who lets them in.

I never thought the day would come...........but.........I agree with VT

This thread started out with eo much promise and for a while was a good laugh but now it is becoming one depressing story after another.

It looks like at the end of all this nothing will have changed re the old firm. Their stranglehold on Scottish football will be stronger. Rangers will be back in the SPL if anything more unbearable than before having got away with screwing HMRC and other creditors out of millions.

As for the rest of the clubs they will have been scared into keeping quite if they know whats good for them, don't upset the old firm or else.

Please cheer me up by telling me I'm wrong

It's a no lose situation for the diddies. Either Rangers die or we are free from having to support teams who have no ambition except to be feeders for the OF's bigotry.

Either Rangers die or the gutless, spineless clubs that allow them to survive die. I am quite content for Killie to die if this scum are voted back into the SPL by our chairman because the whole league will be a sham. Anyone attending a game next season with Rangers back in the SPL is simply an OF fan by proxy.

Edited by KillieJimbo

laugh.gif Spoilt children. The chairmen will make the SPL marketable and that means the OF derby and you lot back to leeching off the big two

? the old firm derby died along with the real Rangers Football Club.You could maybe call it the newco derby possibly but the old firm one is long gone dude.

And stop being an arsehole ffs.

part 1:

id like to dedicate the upcoming vote to the morons who went out and bought season tickets off the back of a statement

you knew they would listen to your thoughts because they didn't have your money so you gave them it before the vote meaning they could change their mind

you take some of the blame in this if its true

part 2:

surely these SPL chairmen cant be businessmen right

saying you will listen to the fans then changing your mind about it , that season ticket money it may turn out they lied to get will only be there for this season

what are they going to do next year when people dont renew or even this one when they are bombarded with refund requests

so short sighted

It's a no lose situation for the diddies. Either Rangers die or we are free from having to support teams who have no ambition except to be feeders for the OF's bigotry.

Either Rangers die or the gutless, spineless clubs that allow them to survive die. I am quite content for Killie to die if this scum are voted back into the SPL by our chairman because the whole league will be a sham. Anyone attending a game next season with Rangers back in the SPL is simply an OF fan by proxy.

I didn't sense the most likely outcome was a newco coming into the SPL, I sensed from what I heard tonight that the outcome being pushed for was newco into 'Div 1' - with changes to the sizes of the leagues, the voting rights, the split of TV revenues, and a one-million deal to televise the newco in Div 1 being split between the SFL.

As I say though, I am attending meetings tomorrow at 5.30, and 7pm - so will hear at first hand just what our club are actually saying.

So can we assume St Mirren will disappear off the face of Scottish football should they be relegated then?

And they are planning on increasing the odds of relegation too ohmy.gif

How come a team with no debt are fecked and we came down with over £500K of debt and are back in the black?

How come a team with no debt are fecked and we came down with over £500K of debt and are back in the black?

Because they are currently trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the supporter buyout, so need to ramp the drama level up to 11.

Perfectly put

I might be being very naive here, but surely the chairmen who have stated they will vote no, would't dare change their vote to a yes at this late stage?

There was a big enough shitstorm brewing if they dared to state they were voting yes beforehand, but to do this would be the ultimate betrayal.

Et tu, brute?

Surely not. :(

Daily Record tweet stating that 3 SPL chairmen are in secret talks to let Rangers into the SPL. Sorry if this has already been posted.

My guess is the chairmen's get out of jail card, will be that the takeover of Rangers by Whyte is under police investigation. The SPL will await the outcome of that decision, before they pass judgement.

By the time that investigation is complete, Scottish football will be re-organised, and Rangers will be safe and sound.

I might be being very naive here, but surely the chairmen who have stated they will vote no, would't dare change their vote to a yes at this late stage?

There was a big enough shitstorm brewing if they dared to state they were voting yes beforehand, but to do this would be the ultimate betrayal.

Et tu, brute?

Surely not. :(

Believe no-one, trust nothing you hear from anyone in Scottish football at the moment. There are meetings going on behind closed doors left, right and centre... and there are other meetings going on that those in the first meeting don't know are going on.

We are being shat on.

Daily Record tweet stating that 3 SPL chairmen are in secret talks to let Rangers into the SPL. Sorry if this has already been posted.

My guess is the chairmen's get out of jail card, will be that the takeover of Rangers by Whyte is under police investigation. The SPL will await the outcome of that decision, before they pass judgement.

By the time that investigation is complete, Scottish football will be re-organised, and Rangers will be safe and sound.

They have probably had a call from their bank managers ph34r.gif