Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Although I disagree with the attitude of the Killie chairman, I quite admire his balls in refusing to jump on the bandwagon with the other bare faced liars who don't give a fcuk for sporting integrity, but voted against to pretend to share the convictions of their fans. There was no conceivable advantage for him in abstaining.

When you're a big club you get used to the attention. ;)

Until it has been officially confirmed, it's better to keep your powder dry. If it does get confirmed point away, but I believe sevco's old buisness partners may have been guilty of briefing their media monkeys to deflect attention from the true culprit. Ask yourself who had the most to lose by a no vote?

Clutching at straws type post.

"As you will now be aware St.Mirren FC today voted against the application by the Rangers NewCo to be admitted to the SPL. This vote was part of an overwhelming rejection of the application by the SPL member clubs.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; ">It will now be left for the SFA and SFL collectively to decide where the Rangers NewCo will play it's football next season.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; ">Those organisations will make their decision in due course without any pressure from the SPL or it's member clubs and we will fully respect whatever decision they make.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; ">We now hope that the St.Mirren support will get fully behind the club and team as we prepare for the new season and start once again to focus on football matters. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: italic; line-height: 22px; ">Unfortunately due to the clubs media officer being in hospital today we are unable to post a detailed update to the official site, so my thanks to Black & White army for publishing this update."

It would seem Doncaster sought to make his own deal without knowledge of member clubs? A sackable offence surely?

That's the easiest to understand Doncaster quote by far

I wonder if the votes were in an "around the table" type way with Killie going first (shitting themselves) and smeltic only voting NO when it was obvious everyone else was.

Unsure, but in my head Cockwomble stood in the middle of the room in a skirt, high heels, ginger wig and specs and each chairman revealed their vote but slowly turning over a piece of card with 'yes' or 'no' on the other side. Doncaster then wept as he instructed Green to leave the room as he was the 'weakest link'. Michael Johnston cried out 'NO!' as Green slowly departed but it was too late, the deed was done.

Hi fellow P&B'ers......can some kind soul record Sportsound tonight and post a link to it on sound cloud or something? Won't be able to listen from outside the UK, but it should make cracking listening later. Thanks in advance from all overseas P&B'ers at this time of celebration.

Also, we got our new bus driver today for the tour, with an American band on Independence Day. Double the fun as the driver is called Billy and a Rangers fan........cue the trolling!!

Please feel free to PM any questions for our new driver and I'll post his responses over the next few days.....ph34r.gif

Sportsound on radio, clyde on laptop....tis the reason I have 2 ears..

I don't know if people realise, but you can record the wireless on Sky Plus. I always record the World Football Phone In. Will be saving Radio Scotland tonight for a point-and-laughathon later.

Just a thought - here we all are (myself included, shamefully) feeling pleased that there will be no NewCo in the SPL, and congratulating our various Chairmen on voting "No".

It just shows how low we (meaning Scottish football in general) have all stooped, when we have to pat ourselves on the back for having done something that is morally correct and upholds sporting integrity.

This is NOT a good day for football. It's just less bad than most other days recently.

It's a step in the right direction which is a start

Unsure, but in my head Cockwomble stood in the middle of the room in a skirt, high heels, ginger wig and specs and each chairman revealed their vote but slowly turning over a piece of card with 'yes' or 'no' on the other side. Doncaster then wept as he instructed Green to leave the room as he was the 'weakest link'. Michael Johnston cried out 'NO!' as Green slowly departed but it was too late, the deed was done.

My vision is more of a Take Me Out style intro, with Paddy McGuinness introducing Chuck Green.

Followed by a series of "dooh...dooh" noises as the lights are turned off, leaving just a grinning Michael Johnson, who winks at a now crestfallen Charlie Green.

"Charrrrrrles... you've got yourself a daittttt"

Typically ungracious from McCoist. Does he think that the other SPL club chairmen won't remember those comments ? It kind of echoes the comments from arch-Unionists during the parliament referendum days that stated that Scots couldn't be trusted to run their own affairs. He is now inferring that SPL chairmen can't be trusted to keep their own clubs alive over the next 10 years. That's one to pin on every boardroom wall chaps !

The irony is that the club in biggest danger of not being here in 10 years is actually Rangers. Whether it's SFL1 or SFL3, they're still struggling to get a team together in time for the new season. If they miss out for a year, then who looks after Ibrox ? Just to get them up and running for 2013/14 will require a generous benefactor. Don't underestimate the effect of one year out on the fans either. They will drift away and only a fraction will return. And when they see how mediocre the on-field product has become (as a matter of economic necessity), then more will drift away.

Maybe Rangers will still be around in 10 years, but I can see it being Rangers Lite, playing in a small stadium with a small support. And if an ageing McCoist is somehow managing them, then I hope someone reminds him of this tweet as his team attempts a giant-killing victory against Motherwell.

We've had statements from St Mirren and Killie.

What was the point in secret voting then if everyone is saying how they voted?

I demand transparency, what was the numbers here?

They're giving out the details before Fat Sally starts demanding to know who voted for and against. I wonder if it was the other cheek that was constipated. :D

With the SFL board meeting tomorrow ahead of next Thursday's vote, and given Green's statement - do we think there's any chance of them showing some leadership by declaring the vote to be about D3 entry only and ruling out D1 consideration entirely? I'm sure they must have had some feedback from the SFL clubs at yesterday's meeting already, and might be keen to make easier the decision for its member clubs.

Kilmarnock fans don't need to apologise for anything, it's hardly their fault that MJ chose the abstention route. I don't think i've seen one Killie fan on here who doesn't think along the same lines as the rest of us non OF fans re all this sevco stuff.

Yes. Fans aren't responsible for the actions of their directors or chairmen or owners.

Wait a minute, I've heard that before....................:rolleyes:

I don't know if people realise, but you can record the wireless on Sky Plus. I always record the World Football Phone In. Will be saving Radio Scotland tonight for a point-and-laughathon later.

and for those that dont have sky+ and podcasts don't give the whole prog, downloadradio is excellent to get the whole shebang....

With the SFL board meeting tomorrow ahead of next Thursday's vote, and given Green's statement - do we think there's any chance of them showing some leadership by declaring the vote to be about D3 entry only and ruling out D1 consideration entirely? I'm sure they must have had some feedback from the SFL clubs at yesterday's meeting already, and might be keen to make easier the decision for its member clubs.

Alternatively, they kick the application out tomorrow because there's currently no vacancy...