Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Charles Green statement cont:"We had asked the SPL whether it would be more appropriate for us to withdraw our application but were advised against this.

"We made a presentation to the SPL clubs this morning, detailing our proposals in support of our application and this included what we believed to be penalties and sanctions that would have dealt fairly with the difficulties caused by events at Rangers prior to our acquisition of the club on June 14.

"Sadly this was rejected by the other clubs and we regret that our club and our supporters were given false hope by this initiative.

"We will now proceed as we had planned from late June to apply for membership of the SFL.

"It is entirely a matter for them whether our application will be accepted or rejected and we will make no representation to any member club prior to that application being considered. We also recognise that the SPL has been placed in a difficult position because of the way events have unfolded.

"If our application were to be accepted, Rangers will play in whichever division the SFL sees fit and we will move forward from there.

"The club hopes that the supporters, who have been absolutely tremendous since the club went into administration on February 14, will continue to support the club and make Rangers a success once again.""

Is it just me that thinks that Green actually seems like a reasonable enough chap. I don't know why ra peepul hate him so much. Just because he's not a "rangers man"?

That is a very reasonable statement. To be fair to Green he's come out with some reasonable stuff but its always been outweighed by the nonsense.

Seems like green has been trolled by the chairmen he met over the weekend 'yeah sure chaz, put forward the proposals for entry to the spl the punishments you'd like and we'll see what we can do'

Although it would appear the Kilmarnock chairman wasn't in on it! ph34r.gif

I think its more likely the false hope was given by one cockwomble. Hes even managed to screw over the club hes, so blatantly, trying to help.

Only in Scotland can we rejoice in the demise of another Scottish Football Club and the possible severe financial implications that this may bring to your own/other clubs.

Auld Heid, I'm not sure it's so much about the demise, more about the sense that a bit of justice has been done. Other teams have been punished quite harshly in the past for tiny administrative mistakes, and yet, in spite of a catalogue of pretty serious offences, the authorties seemed unwilling to discipline their cash cow.

Doncaster seems to have no idea what sport is really about. He only understands figures and some of those seem to have been made up on the hoof.

It's also the end of the stranglehold on decision-making that the big two have had. Surely this means we'll see some change to league structure, a fairer distribution of cash, and an end to the tedious 4xtimes-a-year fixtures?

It's a sad day for real Rangers' fans, but a chance for reform, and who knows, maybe a chance for a new club to emerge - without the ugly non-football bagage of the past.

Edited by Danish Pastry

If this is true MJ has potentially killed our club. What an utter embarrassment. What had he possibly to gain by abstaining?

death.gif

Words actually fail me. Talk about putting a massive downer on the news.

If true, apologies to all for our chairman's lack of integrity, balls and ability to read and understand the needs of the game.

puke.gif

Kilmarnock fans don't need to apologise for anything, it's hardly their fault that MJ chose the abstention route. I don't think i've seen one Killie fan on here who doesn't think along the same lines as the rest of us non OF fans re all this sevco stuff.

When are the re-draws for the Ramsden Cup and League Cup 1st Round due,

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The League Cup hasnt been drawn yet. Why would the Ramsden cup need redrawn? Simply replace whoever goes up with whoever replaces them. Or, give the other team a bye and dont admit the replacement club to this years competition

We had asked the SPL whether it would be more appropriate for us to withdraw our application but were advised against this.

Advised by who? Can only have been cockwomble.

So much for the Killie chairman being a clever businessman. If there's one focal point for SPL fans to target for a boycott next season it's Rugby Park. Did the stupid twat not have the sense to realise this?

It's not just away fans that will boycott. He has single handedly destroyed our name and potentially killed us completely.

He really has no clue at all.

I wonder if the votes were in an "around the table" type way with Killie going first (shitting themselves) and smeltic only voting NO when it was obvious everyone else was.

Anyone know if any of their clubs have stated which way they voted, nothing on the Motherwell site yet ( Surely no but would like to see it confirmed)

If Killie abstained, why are they announcing on their official twitter that they voted no? :unsure:

Sounds like they weren't expecting anyone to leak the actual results....

We don't have an official twitter. The only club in the SPL without one. Yet another example of our chairman being a fucking idiot.

I'm not sure he realises the shitstorm he has started today though. He was at the meeting last Thursday where 100% of the people in attendance said they wanted a "No" vote.

point away! as the whole country is pointing at you lot

When you're a big club you get used to the attention. ;)

Until it has been officially confirmed, it's better to keep your powder dry. If it does get confirmed point away, but I believe sevco's old buisness partners may have been guilty of briefing their media monkeys to deflect attention from the true culprit. Ask yourself who had the most to lose by a no vote?

Lest we forget!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/03/rangers-in-crisis-breakaway-group-of-spl-chiefs-hold-secret-talks-to-keep-ibrox-newco-in-the-top-flight-86908-23903744/

9h6o06.jpg

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Traynor, if you think Scottish Football's done?

We are the boys who will stop your little game,

Your succulent lamb's off the menu once again.

So who do you think you are kidding Mr Traynor?

You're just a sook to current buns!

There was a cracking wee post last week, can't remember from whom, basically saying that if SevCo went into SFL3 then there might be a some defenders looking to take a few SevCo forward's scalps.

These nuggets on Goebbels Media who think that a season in SFL3 would be all fluffy bunnies and "is there honey still for tea" might have another think coming.

However, my fave theory is that Charlie just liquidates them out of existence now that the SPL have said GTF.

If they end up in the 3rd, it will be funny reading about their wee boys getting kicked off the park.

Bit too much celebration on here for my liking.

This is only half the battle---need to make sure the SFL doesn't get shafted now. Us diddy-diddy-supporters backed your lot, now its time for you diddy-supporters to back up SFL.

Absolutely.

However, I wonder if someone could clarify something for me. I said in an earlier post in response to the Clyde FC statement that Doncaster and the SPL chairmen were playing a dangerous game by blackmailing both the SFL chairmen and SPL fans - is it correct that Doncaster basically does the bidding of the SPL clubs, he is in effect an employee of the SPL ? Did he just try to implement the wishes of the top tier chairmen re. the threats / blackmail shite ?

Or does he come up with that stuff himself ? Would be interested to know.

When you're a big club you get used to the attention. ;)

Until it has been officially confirmed, it's better to keep your powder dry. If it does get confirmed point away, but I believe sevco's old buisness partners may have been guilty of briefing their media monkeys to deflect attention from the true culprit. Ask yourself who had the most to lose by a no vote?