Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Now that's the 64,000 dollar question!

*prepares to be shot down in flames*

I, and a lot of Killie fans, want Johnston gone. How to replace him is the question, and that is, in my opinion, a domestic matter for the club and its fans. A bit cake-and-eat-it, tbf, given how outspoken a lot of us have been on here and other forums regarding the behaviour of other clubs/chairmen. I'm sure we'd all like to be left alone to deal with it, but accept we're in the spotlight for the wrong reasons at the minute.

As for attendance at TTOP - if newco5088gers are pandered to by the SFL on friday, the game is well and truly over. I can (just about) stomach them being allowed to apply on a fair basis with any other applicants to Div3, with a rider that New Club = NO HISTORY. If they want the history, they can come back and play when they've at least paid their football debts (i.e. never). In that case, I would continue to support Killie, while trying to throw my weight behind a campaign for regime change at RP.

If they get nodded back in(at any level) by the deceitful collusion and threats of those in charge of OUR game, then I'm out. End of. Off to Hillsborough/Elland Rd/Bootham Crescent.

Scottish football doesn't deserve to die. But the powers that be seem hellbent on ignoring what could be the last realistic chance for change. And for what? A future rigged to ensure the survival and flourishing of two institutions whose very characters are grounded in the kind of bigotry which should have been consigned to the history books decades ago. Well, if that's the best they can offer, let me correct that last statement. Scottish football DOES deserve to die, if the power in the game is to remain in the hands of those fixated with hatred of "the other".

Cheers for that mate - Darlo 1883 for me ironically

hmmm.....I was going to suggest we ALL buy a Queens Park Season ticket if they (and all the SFL Clubs) put Servco into Division 3.

50,000 ST's would give them a few bob to sign players to mount a challenge ?

Imagine Ra Peepal being beaten to the 3rd Division Championship by the Spiders ?! biggrin.gif

Why would gate money make a difference to Queens Park?

Who said Berwick are voting Yes?? We have made no statement and majority shareholder (Trust) have had pollwhere by 93% of members want SFL 3 (and 70% of those think it should only be after a vote with other interested teams). Board meeting on Tuesday and I am lead to believe board agree SFL3 is correct avenue for any application. It had f@@@@@ better be - so I hope they don't know something I don't

Hopefully they don't. Was just forwarding it on so to speak, though his insight on Airdie is interesting, ie who on earth can cast their vote without a conflict of interest?

5h 09999e1d-8e84-44ef-92eb-23ce0ad2a2dc_normal.pngCelticResearch@CelticResearch Believe it or not the only Airdrie Director who is not an RFC shareholder in the last available register is ex-Rangers player Ian MacMillan!

Collapse

Don't know if this interview with Doncaster after the signing of the new TV deal has been posted already.

From the Scotsman website.

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY Published on Tuesday 22 November 2011 00:50

"Sky and ESPN did not ask for any assurance regarding the size of the league," insisted Doncaster.

"That's not the way they operate. They work in a regulatory manner, so you tell them what it is you would like them to price, then they make an offer.

"That's what we did. In our situation, we had the status quo of 12 teams. We have 60 games which we make available to sell and Sky and ESPN made a bid for those games. There are no assurances, in terms of Friday night fixtures or anything else like that.

"Old Firm involvement had to be guaranteed, but that's been the case for a number of years. It's the case with all of the major sponsorships we enter into.

"One of the conditions is that Celtic and Rangers remain part of the league. It is also a condition that they play each other four times a season. That's been with us for the entirety of the deal with Sky and before that with Setanta.

"Reconstruction remains a subject under discussion with the SFA and the clubs. I don't think today's announcement has a particular bearing on reconstruction. What it does mean is that clubs can plan with certainty for another five years.laugh.gif

"The league can't meaningfully expand anyway. As we have previously pointed out, if you expand to a 16-team league, playing each other once at home and once away, that costs Scottish football around £20 million. So it's not viable to expand the league to that size.

"Much as we would all like to see a set-up of teams playing each other once at home and once away each season, that's the ideal scenario, it's not affordable. We have made that clear from day one.

"There is no room to manoeuvre in terms of expanding. Fourteen might potentially work in terms of having a split league and retaining four Old Firm games.

]"Maybe that would be feasible. But it has never been feasible to have 16, 18 or 20 because you automatically mean going to one home game and one away. We think that will take £20 million out of Scottish football. That is a massive amount of money per season, in terms of lost gate and TV revenue. ohmy.gifThe lost gate revenue is not to be underestimatedohmy.gif. So going to 16, 18 or 20 is impossible, financially."

Hopefully they don't. Was just forwarding it on so to speak, though his insight on Airdie is interesting, ie who on earth can cast their vote without a conflict of interest?

TBH mate it just sounds like a whole lot of paranoia - looking for Oldco Rangers connections and assuming how they will vote is not helpful. I don't paticularly trust our board to vote correctly but not because of any Oldco Rangers connection but because they at times don't seem paticularly switched on to what the fans want. We'll see though. Cheers for link though - I have made our Trust aware that this how we are being perceived and hopefully some sort of statement is forthcoming

So not your chairmans fault, no pressure on him to come out and denounce what is being done in his name. Is he on the SPL Board?

He is on the SPL board. It's been confirmed though, or I'm sure I read somewhere that it had, that none of the clubs in the SPL were privy to these proposals until the same day as the SFL clubs, other than maybe Rod Petrie.

Why would gate money make a difference to Queens Park?

would that not make more of a point of it , you know the money is only going on actual football , not even wages

giving money to an amateur team would be the utmost in sporting integrity no?

He is on the SPL board. It's been confirmed though, or I'm sure I read somewhere that it had, that none of the clubs in the SPL were privy to these proposals until the same day as the SFL clubs, other than maybe Rod Petrie.

I've heard that Geoff Brown's involved in some way in the proposals.

TBH mate it just sounds like a whole lot of paranoia - looking for Oldco Rangers connections and assuming how they will vote is not helpful. I don't paticularly trust our board to vote correctly but not because of any Oldco Rangers connection but because they at times don't seem paticularly switched on to what the fans want. We'll see though. Cheers for link though - I have made our Trust aware that this how we are being perceived and hopefully some sort of statement is forthcoming

I only saw this when I went back to it there

CelticResearch@CelticResearch Given that Mr Porteous would undoubtedly have informed his board & the SFA of his shareholding there can be no suggestion of any conflict.

Expand

Maybe someone was on the case early doors.

Christ I think everyone will be having kittens 'till Friday, have a few days off, then start all over again 'til the next deadline :D

Edit for:it seemed to refer to something in The Sun but I can't see shoite on their site, and I don't buy the rag.

Edited by wunfellaff

would that not make more of a point of it , you know the money is only going on actual football , not even wages

giving money to an amateur team would be the utmost in sporting integrity no?

I'd put it down the lavvy before I gave it to them.

My mistake accept my humble apoligies.

None needed.

Someone said earlier that I should call you a tit for your blooper.

I refused. Wouldn't call one of our fans a tit.

Mind you, we both support a "diddy" club :lol:

Five Live. Ian McGarry (who he?) has just said Sky were paying £40 million a year to Scottish football 15-20 years ago. Really?

That's a load of nonsense. I can't remember what the deals were before Sky were beaten by Setanta but Setanta's first deal was £13.5M p/a; then £25M p/a (deal that never happened); then Sky-ESPN £13M p/a; then Sky-ESPN £16M p/a (now unlikely to happen).

That was over a week ago, could it be that he is happy bullying and blackmailing SFL Clubs. Sounds like you all couldn't give a shit what your chairmen are up to.

My link

Is Bomber writing Thomo's articles?

He missed off "FACT!"

Oh yes – Uefa and Fifa. Still waiting to hear what they think about all this. I hope to have something by Friday.
Edited by P45

That was over a week ago, could it be that he is happy bullying and blackmailing SFL Clubs. Sounds like you all couldn't give a shit what your chairmen are up to.