Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Stranraer & Dunfermline - Div 3

Airdrie - maybe Div 1

Dundee - ?

Jim Ballantyne isn't voting,he is leaving this to Ann Marie Ballantyne....the noise from the fans is that she said she will be be voting in the best interests of Airdrie,and that we wont be disappointed in her vote.

So looks like we will be voting them to SFL3 also.

Well lets see, if they stick to them:

Currently stating that a majority required for resolution 1 - Not the case, Change to Rule 5 regarding constitution of the league requires use of rule 60 and therefore needs 75% (if Sevco are admitted without Dun* resigning first)

Resolution 2 - new rule so simple majority required.

Resolution 3 - Requires implementation of Rule 12 - 66% needed.

Also the SFL have already stated that there is a "leap of faith". Please direct me to the rule regarding this in http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/docs/SFL_Constitution_and_Rules.pdf

There is no change to rule 5. It simply says there will be three divisions of 10. It says nothing about how they are constituted. There is nothing in the rules to prevent any club being voted in to division one

So there's 31 clubs voting today? - the 30 that were already in the SFL, plus Dunfermline who were relegated at the end of last season?

Or am I spectacularly stoopid this morning?

No - Dunfermline swapped places with Ross County.

The only space atm is in the SPL.

I don't know what has been placed in the hot little hands of the SFL clubs but there is a fair amount of information about the company now running Rangers even from Companies House plus public statements.

Well, how about we start with information regarding the various legal issues to be resolved, and whether Sevco Scotland validly hold the 'Rangers FC' SPL share? There is also little information, never mind legal commitments with the ongoing financing of Sevco Scotland.

Let's not pretend it's all straightforward. That said, a practical approach is required, and that might mean taking a decision on limited information. It's all going to be another balls-up if Sevco are admitted to the SFL, and then HMRC decides that all the tax debts transfer too (which is a possibility, the likelihood of which I can't say without more information).

So there's 31 clubs voting today? - the 30 that were already in the SFL, plus Dunfermline who were relegated at the end of last season?

Ross County are not voting as they have been promoted in place of Dunfermline. The settlement agreement only provides for a single promotion/relegation

You're forgetting that Ross County got promoted. So it's plus-one, minus-one.

There is no change to rule 5. It simply says there will be three divisions of 10. It says nothing about how they are constituted. There is nothing in the rules to prevent any club being voted in to division one

I stated originally that this would be required in Sevco are voted in without Dun* resigning. This would then give 31 and 3 * 10 != 31

Is it not on record that the SFA would veto any move to put Rangers in the SPL?

At least two clubs claimed that Regan said this in a previous meeting. He denied it publicly. Even if he did say it, he would have been talking about the transfer of membership. Im sure he could try and convince us all that accepting a new application was different <_<

I wish his worries were as groundless as you're making out Mr X. Take a look at the Queens thread on the 2nd Division Board. It links to an interview with Davie Rae in which he says the financial realities mean Rangers have to go to the 1st.

Now I know that Rae's no longer on the board, but he reminds us that he's the majority shareholder and says that Hewitson sees it the same way and he expects us to vote for the 1st division option.

It's not proof positive, but it's a very clear indication of where we're heading and it's disgusting.

To be honest, I hadnt read all of Raes interview when I posted that - I got about two paragraphs in and gave up!

I didnt say his worries were groundless, apologies if what I said implied that. All I said, is there has been no official announcement, which remains the case