Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I may be in the minority here but I do not think it's a 'given' that Sevcowhatever will gain successive promotions.

They don't have a team at the moment and probably no backers to provide finance if they go to the 3rd.

The money from 50000 (?) orcs every fortnight will just pay their running costs.

Or am I missing something?

Don't forget the SFL3 defenders who will kick the ever-loving shit out of their team week in week out.

They will be lucky if they can walk come the end of the season, let alone win promotion.

I've obviously been info-overloaded. What's the SPL vote on Monday?

Both Dundee and Dunfermline will be given permission (through resolution iii) to waive the usual two-year notice period for resignation from the SFL today, but neither will actually resign yet. On Monday, the SPL will vote on which of the two are to be invited, and then that club will resign.

How about this scenario

1) SPL clubs vote 'no' to transfer SPL share from oldco to newco

2) SFL clubs vote 'no' to newco entering into division 1

3) oldco gives share back to SPL, pending liquidation

4) SPL has a unoccupied share

5) SPL clubs vote to give the share to newco

Far fetched?

On Radio Shortbread this morning, John Yorkson offered Newco to SPL as a possibility when the SPL meet on Monday to decide who would be Club 12. So, no, definately not far fetched.

He didn't support this option BTW and was very critical about the governing bodies.

There are many twists and turns ahead. Today is not the end, just another milestone.

How about this scenario

1) SPL clubs vote 'no' to transfer SPL share from oldco to newco

2) SFL clubs vote 'no' to newco entering into division 1

3) oldco gives share back to SPL, pending liquidation

4) SPL has a unoccupied share

5) SPL clubs vote to give the share to newco

Far fetched?

Very far fetched as the first vote today gives Sevco membership of the SFL. Once they are a member there would have to be another vote for them to be allowed to resign. That is why the third vote is needed today as either Dundee or Dunfermline need to resign

Dunno if I've missed something but what was Regans leaked email?

It was sent to various people within the heirarchy (and Charles Green) outline the timescale for getting NewCo into Div 1. It has so far fuckin' failed spectacularly

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

Anyone else smelling a rat here?

Is it just possible that this 11th hour development has been introduced in order to lend a degree of legitimacy to a proposal to delay the vote? Dundee could reasonably claim that they haven't been afforded sufficient opportunity to consider the resolutions prior to the vote. Perhaps I'm getting carried away on a wave of cynicism, but I wouldn't put anything past these characters.

In fairness, earlier in the week Clyde FC made the very valid point that they had next to no information about this Sevco Scotland thing there were being asked to vote into the SFL. Given that Dundee FC's 'cop out' specifically stated that the Board were still free to 'debate' if not vote, then Dundee FC's position should have been clear sometime before now. I'm disappointed that we don't have a position sorted out, even if being permitted to vote happened at the last night. Given the circumstances of the situation, I don't think there's time for a postponement. A vote that says "No to Sevco, we don't have enough information" puts the ball back in the SFA/Sevco's court.

It hasnt. He's guessing, based on the interviews and announcements from the club and Chairman. There has been no official announcement either way of how Queens are going to vote.

I wish his worries were as groundless as you're making out Mr X. Take a look at the Queens thread on the 2nd Division Board. It links to an interview with Davie Rae in which he says the financial realities mean Rangers have to go to the 1st.

Now I know that Rae's no longer on the board, but he reminds us that he's the majority shareholder and says that Hewitson sees it the same way and he expects us to vote for the 1st division option.

It's not proof positive, but it's a very clear indication of where we're heading and it's disgusting.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Is it not on record that the SFA would veto any move to put Rangers in the SPL?

Several clubs have said that was what was said by Regan at the last SFL meeting of all 30 clubs but this was quickly denied by Regan after the meeting.

I know who I believe.

I have always assumed that an outright "no" to league football for sevco would just result in an existing league club being bought over and rebranded as "Rangers" ASAP - surely nothing to stop that happening?

Do 'they' have the money to do this?