Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's not needed anywhere, I'm not religious in the slightest, personally I find the whole concept utter bollocks but I'll respect people who believe in what they choose to believe in but what fucks me off more than anything is when people try and twist it into something that it isn't. My mother's side of the family is protestant (well they say they are) and support Rangers, now my mum and others are fine, it's just football and they aren't particularly religious either but my cousins have this warped sense that because they're protestant and because they're Rangers fans that they need to hate Catholics and they need to get involved with all that Orange Order shite when the sad fact is that they have no fucking idea what any of it means, they just say it and follow along with it because it's what their old man does but have no actually concept of what they are singing about or what they are hating about.

It also fucks me off when you can't talk about football without someone dragging it up, I mean on a night out not long ago in Glasgow, me and my girlfriend were talking to these lads and started talking about football, they supported Rangers and we support Celtic and it was fine, we had a wee bit of banter and joked around but then one of them just starting calling her a ****** because she's Catholic and starting singing shite about 1690 when the fucker probably had no idea what the hell happened in 1690 other than it has something to do with being against Catholics.

It just fucks me off that Scottish football in Glasgow gets disease with this bollocks and it's fucking 2012, not the 1890s, people should have realise that this bollocks has no place in modern society.

What about your signature then or does escape you?

Same arse just the other cheek.

It's not needed anywhere, I'm not religious in the slightest, personally I find the whole concept utter bollocks but I'll respect people who believe in what they choose to believe in but what fucks me off more than anything is when people try and twist it into something that it isn't. My mother's side of the family is protestant (well they say they are) and support Rangers, now my mum and others are fine, it's just football and they aren't particularly religious either but my cousins have this warped sense that because they're protestant and because they're Rangers fans that they need to hate Catholics and they need to get involved with all that Orange Order shite when the sad fact is that they have no fucking idea what any of it means, they just say it and follow along with it because it's what their old man does but have no actually concept of what they are singing about or what they are hating about.

It also fucks me off when you can't talk about football without someone dragging it up, I mean on a night out not long ago in Glasgow, me and my girlfriend were talking to these lads and started talking about football, they supported Rangers and we support Celtic and it was fine, we had a wee bit of banter and joked around but then one of them just starting calling her a ****** because she's Catholic and starting singing shite about 1690 when the fucker probably had no idea what the hell happened in 1690 other than it has something to do with being against Catholics.

It just fucks me off that Scottish football in Glasgow gets disease with this bollocks and it's fucking 2012, not the 1890s, people should have realise that this bollocks has no place in modern society.

What a lot of self serving sanctimonious shite................. Is this the same Celtic supporters that sing songs about supporting terrorism,the same club that continually disrespects poppy day, the same club that allows a (cheering section??? wtf?? Well done for bringing back the thunder Neil) section of its support to go through it`s full repetoire of in-appropriate songs both home and away.... Do me a favour.In fact can you do me 3 favours???

1. Stop talking absolute shite

2. Get your green tinted, woe is me glasses off

3.Tell me what colour the sky is where you live

4.Take a stand ,and the next time one of the knuckle draggers in your midst starts singing about terrorists or fields in another land, report them to one of the usually ineffectual plods standing near to you

5. Come down off that high moral ground that you`re sitting on. You shouldn`t be sitting up there with an empty head, you`ll hurt yourself when you fall off

Your lot are just as bad as the other lot called Sevco,Orcs,etc etc across the city.

What a lot of self serving sanctimonious shite................. Is this the same Celtic supporters that sing songs about supporting terrorism,the same club that continually disrespects poppy day, the same club that allows a (cheering section??? wtf?? Well done for bringing back the thunder Neil) section of its support to go through it`s full repetoire of in-appropriate songs both home and away.... Do me a favour.In fact can you do me 3 favours???

1. Stop talking absolute shite

2. Get your green tinted, woe is me glasses off

3.Tell me what colour the sky is where you live

4.Take a stand ,and the next time one of the knuckle draggers in your midst starts singing about terrorists or fields in another land, report them to one of the usually ineffectual plods standing near to you

5. Come down off that high moral ground that you`re sitting on. You shouldn`t be sitting up there with an empty head, you`ll hurt yourself when you fall off

Your lot are just as bad as the other lot called Sevco,Orcs,etc etc across the city.

I was about 12 or 13 when I was told by my mother as we watched the Orange walk go by that what it stood for.

:blink: I was in shock at what she said ! I really was ! especially as I was imitating the guy who threw the pole around up and down and around his back at the time :lol:.

Needless to say I never understood it until that moment and will always remember as I got a slap on the ear as a memory never to forget.

I still don't understand really why sectarianism is prevalent at a sport ...

I can relate to that. Was probably about 10 first time I registered this huge parade of oddly dressed people with weird banners. My mother gave me a non-answer as to what it was.

A few years later at Ibrox I noticed a group in the middle of the main enclosure. Looked kind of drunk but they were holding a banner of the guy on the horse and belting out songs that all seemed to end in F the Pope. If it hadn't been serious you'd have thought it was a scene from Monty Python. I was up under the girders so could see the match and that mob quite clearly. I shouted to my big brother and asked if he'd seen them. He just said, 'Don't look over there'. I think small groups like that can have a poisonous effect. Since no one shouted them down, it maybe became accepted. I'm sure more and more joined in. Peer pressure maybe?

Anyway, I reckon I was about 13-14 when I realized that all this stuff was about some historic Irish thing. Yawn. And here was me thinking we went to Rangers matches and not Celtic's because 'they were an Irish club'. We actually lived a bit closer to Celtic Park than Ibrox. To my brother's credit he didn't have a sectarian bone in his body, and he still doesn't. Maybe that's why he was never more than an infrequent visitor to Ibrox. We actually used to wander down to Celtic Park on big European nights. They opened the big gates early and you could see the match. So I'm probably one of the few Gers' fans who saw Celtic's 1967 team at Parkhead biggrin.gif

But as I got older, and the OF seemed more about violent clashes, I just switched off to football. Always followed the national team though, but what got me interested in Scottish club football again was Aberdeen and Dundee United in Europe.

I was living over here then and a lot of those matches were live. Aberdeen's final against Madrid was played not far from here in Gothenburg. It was a miserable night of rain but what a triumph. A wee bit of '67 and '72 in the sense that these teams were mostly Scots lads. And when Dundee United went on those runs, well. The stand-out was Barcelona home and away. I think they are the only team to have done that. Funnily enough they lost over to legs to Gothenburg, who were still part-timers back then.

Sorry, rambling ... what was the question?

Edited by Danish Pastry

Any one else notice that new team in the 3rd used a dead teams strips for a friendly??

One of the results (edit - sorry three of the results) I had hoped for in this whole mess was that:

- They would have to change their name

- They would need a new logo

- They would need a new strip

However, can't help feeling (call it the cynic in me) that come the 28th they will run out as Rangers, have the same crest, and use the same strip JJB are selling at the moment.

Edited by Stagmaster

One of the results I had hoped for in this whole mess was that:

However, can't help feeling (call it the cynic in me) that come the 28th they will run out as Rangers, have the same crest, and use the same strip JJB are selling at the moment.

I agree:

1. Nothing with the name "Rangers"

2. A new badge that is not similar to the RFC.

3. They can where whatever strip they like as long as there are no stars on it.

Unfortunately I was aware of the bigotry from a fairly early age, as my Protestant father married a Roman Catholic girl, in Glasgow in the 1950s??

Both sides of their families couldnt accept it and it did seep through to us. My mother and father did protect me and my brothers and sister, but it was there.

Im afraid there are bigots from every club,including even the mighty Thistle.BUT, without going over it all AGAIN, the fact that the two ugly sisters became immensely powerful on the back of all the bigotry is the real point of why people of us DIDDY clubs HATE them.Its NOT jealousy when its built on a disgusting foundation.

I firmly believe the demise of Scumgers (and I believe that that giant will finally DIE) will eventually help Scottish society through time. It will also neuter Celtic to a certain extent.

I agree:

1. Nothing with the name "Rangers"

2. A new badge that is not similar to the RFC.

3. They can where whatever strip they like as long as there are no stars on it.

As I posted yesterday, but don't mind repeating, on the old badge it says "Ready". Well, they certainly weren't "Ready" for the clusterf*ck that has happened since Feb 14th. :lol: . So, what the feck were they "Ready" for? Serious question. Honestly. Mibbe I'll go on FF or RM later and ask there. :ph34r:

With regards to the strip and badge, is it possible that as part of the purchase of the assets that the rights to those were signed over?

Edited by Ross.

f**k me I'm in Glasgow that day and to meant to be meeting some friends for lunch in the city centre somewhere, no doubt it will be on most places.

Where can I get hold of a Brechin top? :)

... the results I had hoped for in this whole mess was that:

A break with the past. I had hoped for some kind of Saltire on a new logo, just to emphasize that they are a Scottish team.

But you're probably right to be a bit sceptical. There's strong forces who want no change. The club might not make it through the season though, unless Green really is serious. Can you imagine another adminstration? It's not beyond credibility.

PS thanks for your kind comments yesterday regarding a post I'd made

Edited by Danish Pastry

With regards to the strip and badge, is it possible that as part of the purchase of the assets that the rights to those were signed over?

The issue, Ross, is that the Oldco have loads of debt and HMRC look unkindly on obvious phoenix companies looking too much like the old company, and just walking away from their debt......oh, wait THEY don't do walking away do they? Damn right they do, if it saves them £140 million.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.fr/

Leggo's writing style is dreadful. He uses 'Charles Green' 34 times in this.

(but slips up once and uses 'Green' , hope that really annoys him.)

His style is also counter productive. I now can't remember what he was rambling on about.:blink:

No loss there.