Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I suppose for Thistle/Clyde/Spiders games the teams will play a fringe team or it would be five teams playing once like the original Europa League format.

As a side note I'm all far the Glasgow Cup, Angus Cup, etc. all coming back into play. The Renfrewshire's a great wee money earner for us and the great unwashed as well as the amateur sides in the area. On top of that it's always our last pre-season match (or final match of the previous season if you want to be pedantic) and I think it's the perfect pre-season game before the serious stuff kicks in. Definitely a lot better than watch Morton v Arthurlie or Celtic Reserves.

What will happen there then if Scotland gets independence? I've no doubt it will remain flying but the argument from Rangers fans is always "it's our national flag". I wonder how they'd explain it then.

No need to be nasty, I had a shower at least twice last week ( I assume you are referring to us, your greatest rivals) and I know that at least a few of my fellow fans have washed several times in the last year!!! (usually in the summmer cos a dip in the Cart is pretty nippy in January)

If Celtic are one cheek, and TCFKAR the other, I assume we'd need a poll to decide who the arsehole in the middle is?

Stewart Regan? I was going to say that he seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment but I now have a 'hole' different picture in my head :huh:

No need to be nasty, I had a shower at least twice last week ( I assume you are referring to us, your greatest rivals) and I know that at least a few of my fellow fans have washed several times in the last year!!! (usually in the summmer cos a dip in the Cart is pretty nippy in January)

I did say GREAT unwashed. You could almost take that as a compliment

Nope. There's knowing the existence of Catholics and Protestants and there's Waffen's hysterical ravings about all Scotland's five-year-olds being steeped in bigotry. I was told in school what Judaism was as well, but must have been off with the flu when everyone else was being indoctrinated with the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Pathetic.

The point I was making was that its risible for people in lowland Scotland to claim they never knew anything about the darker aspects of supporting the Old Firm until they were a teenager, not least of all because they are separated at Primary School level according to religion. I didn't say that as some sort of statement on the whole "separate schools" issue, merely pointing out a pertinent fact - once that happens, anyone claiming they aren't going to be exposed to the rest of the "culture" from older kids, etc before their teens is kidding themselves.

But then people from the West of Scotland are past masters of selective memory syndrome - look no further than the Orc hordes that started supporting Partick Thistle or St Mirren when Rangers were gash under John Greig. Thirty years later and Rangers fans still love to pretend that all never happened, although as we're about to enjoy a rerun on a grander scale shortly history may be about to repeat itself in true Marxist fashion.

Since the thread has veered onto "religion" I'd like to make a point.

The orcs believe that the diddy fans have been instrumental in their downfall.

Assuming the views on here reflect those of most fans, then the view of the orcs that

there is a papish conspiracy against them is mistaken.

The majority of the population of Scotland are non-catholic ("proddy "for arguments sake)

therefore the majority of diddy fans are "proddy". Therefore, no papish conspiracy.

Apologies to all atheists, agnostics and other religions. And protestants and catholics,

or Christians, as they are rarely called.

Of course we are all being manipulated from on high by a papish conspiracy.

I give up.

FWIW I'm an atheist .

Can I be a pest and ask a favour? Can we draw a line under this proddy / kafflik, tricolour, saltire, union jack, orange walk, unionist, republican fcuking bullshit utter bollox?

Does my tits in this shit. It's 2012, it's a football forum, discussions involving any of that proddy/ tim pish only goes round in circles and always ends up back at the start, on a one-way street looking down the wrong end of a telescope.

There. That feels better.

FTOF and F proddy/tim pish. He hinted.

user_green.pngWVB

• If you obey societys' rules you will be societys' tools
  • big_starc.png

• Group: True Blue
  • Topics: 1,384
  • Rep: 1,459

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Don't compare us with selik.

That shower of scum are not in our league.

:lol: :lol: :lol: For once I agree with a ragers media supporter :blink:.

At least he got that selik where not in the same league as them seeing as they have no league at the moment at all to play in,and even if they get into a league they won't even be in the same league as high flying Ross Country :lol:.

I did say GREAT unwashed. You could almost take that as a compliment

Oh, I will, I've never had one of them from a 'Ton supporter. Back on the subject of this thread, mibbe Morton will find their fanbase increasing again with a few defections from the Ibrox disloyal.

i was truly scared by the level of OF fervour in Port Glasgow / Greenock a few years ago when I refereed an under-16 Scottish Cup 1/4 final at Parklea. I turned up to find about 1500 (no exaggeration) decked out in Celtic and Rangers colours. When I went into the changing rooms and asked the other refs what was going on, somebody said "Oh some poor sod has a match between Port Rangers and Shamrock Rovers." Guess who? And using club officials as linesmen. A bit of a warzone experience, just a few scars which didn't heal.

Rangers fans seem to forget that Wolfe Tone was a proddy (or if they prefer t@ig). Anyway it's all a bunch of shite. When the Jedi's and Scientologists get there game on then it'll be on, like donkey kong!!!!

Pathetic.

The point I was making was that its risible for people in lowland Scotland to claim they never knew anything about the darker aspects of supporting the Old Firm until they were a teenager, not least of all because they are separated at Primary School level according to religion. I didn't say that as some sort of statement on the whole "separate schools" issue, merely pointing out a pertinent fact - once that happens, anyone claiming they aren't going to be exposed to the rest of the "culture" from older kids, etc before their teens is kidding themselves.

But then people from the West of Scotland are past masters of selective memory syndrome - look no further than the Orc hordes that started supporting Partick Thistle or St Mirren when Rangers were gash under John Greig. Thirty years later and Rangers fans still love to pretend that all never happened, although as we're about to enjoy a rerun on a grander scale shortly history may be about to repeat itself in true Marxist fashion.

Seriously. Not a clue. Not a fucking scooby until I was 14 or thereabouts. Never knew what the difference between prods and kafliks was (still don't really) as they were all Christians in my eyes. Don't know the difference between Sunni and Shi'ite either. Was confused as to why I went to the school that was a fifteen minute walk away instead of a five minute walk but no more confused as to why I had a Gourock phone number and Paisley postcode when I lived in Greenock. I couldn't even tell you which of my friends were protestant or catholic until I started high school. The idea that people judged, even disliked, other people based on that didn't even enter my head. None of my friends or family ever mentioned the words ******, orange, *****, proddy, pape, etc. Only became aware of this crap when we started drinking and then some of the guys I hung around with would start singing Old Firm songs.

Call it risible if you will but if anyone is hearing and learning about this shit before their balls dropped they're probably hearing it at home (or, I will admit, from friends who are hearing it at home). But that's the real risible part of this situation.

Judging by the discussions on here, I've been seriously cotton-woolled as far as Orange/Catholic village allegiances are concerned, being brought up in Renfrewshire, I don't think there are any towns/villages which have an overt profile one way or another there, the only one I was aware of was Larkhall, until I moved to Airdrie, obviously still in Lanarkshire (like Larkhall) and being made aware of the Coatbridge/Airdrie biases, and some of the surrounding mining villages. I'm getting a bit of an education re. Ayrshire. Maybe it's the coal-mining heritage which is responsible, as Renfrewshire doesn't have any and never did (as far as I'm aware)

Not been to Kilbarchan then?

They weren't happy letting the Christian religion get a foothold and as for those of an R.C. persuasion. :eek: Sellick fans are like hen's teeth there.

i was truly scared by the level of OF fervour in Port Glasgow / Greenock a few years ago when I refereed an under-16 Scottish Cup 1/4 final at Parklea. I turned up to find about 1500 (no exaggeration) decked out in Celtic and Rangers colours. When I went into the changing rooms and asked the other refs what was going on, somebody said "Oh some poor sod has a match between Port Rangers and Shamrock Rovers." Guess who? And using club officials as linesmen. A bit of a warzone experience, just a few scars which didn't heal.

It is a good bit more mental up the Port for some reason I've always noticed. Larkfield in Greenock's pretty bad for it as well.

Since the thread has veered onto "religion" I'd like to make a point.

The orcs believe that the diddy fans have been instrumental in their downfall.

Assuming the views on here reflect those of most fans, then the view of the orcs that

there is a papish conspiracy against them is mistaken.

The majority of the population of Scotland are non-catholic ("proddy "for arguments sake)

therefore the majority of diddy fans are "proddy". Therefore, no papish conspiracy.

Apologies to all atheists, agnostics and other religions. And protestants and catholics,

or Christians, as they are rarely called.

Of course we are all being manipulated from on high by a papish conspiracy.

I give up.

FWIW I'm an atheist .

The only conspiracy there was against Rangers and their fans was their own conspiracy of stupidity - convinced that as they were part of some mythological great "Proddy" Orange Masonic Illuminati that ran the universe and meant they could do what they liked with impunity - only to discover that HMRC in London and creditors in Europe weren't interested in the fantasy world of some backwater's urban version of the cast of Deliverance, and expected the Not-Paying-Yer-Bills-Eh? Boys to cough up or be shut down.

It's been like watching natives on some primitive island discovering right when its too late that the Great Um Bongo is just a volcano and not some mighty spirit god that's going to save them from the pirates that landed in the bay to plunder their homes.