Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What? Leggo was a member of the NUJ?

I had a minor role in a primary school Christmas concert in 1975. Should I have joined Equity?

Nah, possibly the Church............

Oooh, Sportsound tonight :)

Hearts not getting squared away for a year it seems according to the beeb

''Hearts are due further payment from Lee Wallace's transfer to Ibrox and Rangers say this will be paid next July. ''

SevCo and it's fans don't do bigotry, because they definitely, certainly, positively aren't the same club as OldCo.

They can't be the same club, because Green said that he paid the footballing debts (Scotland only) even though they weren't his club's debts to pay and he didn't have to pay them. blink.gif

And they shouldn't be punished for what the old club did, because they aren't the old club, they are the new club that is just holding onto the old club's ground, players, staff, titles etc for a wee while until the bad men of clearly cafflick persuasion come along and take the lot away.

And if there were any bigoted shouts, songs, etc coming from the fans then I am sure the club would clampdown on them very hard as they want to be seen to be a club of the 21st century that isn't living in the past.

So what exactly is the official stance? Are they just rangers in disguise and therefore it's warranted to punish them for what they have done over the past 20 years? Or are they a completely new club, that moved in like squatters after the old club moved out, and just thought they would use the stuff that was left lying about?

David Leggat has been fined £1,000 and suspended from NUJ for writing threatening material about Alex Thomson.

Apparently, he's now since resigned from said union.

It's probably the most the NUJ can do but it's little more than a token gesture. he probably had free life membership anyway as he'll have been in the union for donkeys.

Unlike other professions, in journalism you cannot be disbarred or struck off. You need no qualifications to be a journalist (as is abdundantly clear reading the tabloids) and not having NUJ membership won't stop Leggo from working. It's his pish stained jakiness that's doing that.

As for the fine (better read my union stuff as I was unaware they could dish them out) I'd imagine it is as enforceable as the one the SFA imposed on Whyte.

Still, his old Presbyterian granny will be disappointed.

"Timmy"? Is this an example of the bigotry that Chuckles Green was blaming for Sevco not getting to play with the big boys any more?

You think that the word "timmy" is bigoted?

:lol::D:o and for good measure :lol:

You think that the word "timmy" is bigoted?

:lol::D:o and for good measure :lol:

Not always (in the same way that the word black isn't always racist); but I think you are a bigot, yes - otherwise you'd not have used the term in the way you did. The fact that you don't think it is bigoted when you use it in a derogatory fashion ends the discussion for me, and is merely indicative of why you and your likes just don't get it.

And, it seems, never will.

Not always (in the same way that the word black isn't always racist); but I think you are a bigot, yes - otherwise you'd not have used the term in the way you did. The fact that you don't think it is bigoted when you use it in a derogatory fashion ends the discussion for me, and is merely indicative of why you and your likes just don't get it.

And, it seems, never will.

It's the nickname for Celtic fans and Celtic FC officially use it themselves, not saying you're a mope or anything but you're a mope. Only someone with a really vindictive and narrow mind could be offended by T*ms or Timmy.

Do you always write in non-rhyming verse, or is your formatting f*cked?

Anyway, Charles Green is having a moan about people phoning in to Traynor and saying "Rangers" shouldn't buy players when they haven't paid their debts. So he paid £500k.

Yes Chuck, that's ok, just forget about the other £100m. And the tealadies that Ally says might have to be laid off.

As for the scandal of them wearing their training tops because their away kit wasn't ready and their 3rd kit clashed, 2 things spring to mind. 1) Is it a requirement for all SFL3 teams to have a 3rd kit? and 2) Isn't there some irony in them not getting their kits in time while creditors still await payment on bills submitted months ago?

Thanks for your input Mr Connolly. I hadn't realised that my writing style, or lack thereof, could engender comment. It certainly has never been intentional but just to keep you happy, I shall from now on endeavour to make full use of the width of the page.

Except when

I don't feel like it.:)

Edited by cyderspaceman