Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ibrox (The 'Bighoose') and it's dependency on UEFA money in general and CL money in particular goes way back to 2007/08 when SDM brought Walter Smith back and those in the know in the game i.e the SFA knew Rangers situation and rather than step in covered it up.

In 2006 Rangers published debt was £6M and EBT contributions had peaked at £9.19M. Within a year there was a dramatic reversal with debt rising to £16.5M and EBT contributions almost halving to £4,998,000. Its as if the EBT bill had either arrived or was known to be on its way. In 2008 debt was up to £21.6M and EBTs down again to £2.29M and in 2009 debt peaked at £31M with EBTs flattening at £2.3M.

What pushed the debt up was the transfers in totalling £29M in 2007/08 plus wages of course, offset to a degree by £19M from 3 player sales for good money. The players brought in at huge expense then won three titles on the trot which brought in CL money and allowed the debt to come down to the £17/£18M that Lloyds then recovered when CW stepped in.

The point is that without CL money the debt would have continued to rise and Lloyds would have insisted that players be sold, so the whole survival business model was predicated on access to CL money from 2007. Given the lengths the SFA went to save them after administration I am more convinced than ever that Rangers should not have been granted a UEFA licence to play in the 2011 competition because of unpaid tax (the known wee tax bill) but the Gods of football finally got tired and intervened, in the shape of Malmo and Maribor.

Had Rangers qualified CW could have gone back to the Ticketus well for advances on the CL money to keep the club afloat as it was paying wages it did not have the money in the bank to pay. As it was they lost and as CW said himself last night, with no money coming in, the only way he could keep them going was to hold on to the tax and NI due and use that to pay wages of players that should never have been recruited in 2007/08 in the first place.

Had Smith's transfer spend of £29m gone to servicing the then small £6m debt and the core tax bill of £24M at that time, Rangers would never have gone to the wall.

I am convinced BDO will tell this tale eventually and it will be part of the historic facts of their Downfall story rather than rumour or conjecture.

The men guilty of crimes against Rangers AND Scottish football are SDM and Walter Smith along with every Rangers supporter who gloried in their financial stupidity.

So where does this, "Big Hoose" garbage come from?

0:24

smile.gif

Nothing about 'big hoose' in that link either.

Apologies. 'Big house', not 'big hoose'. Didn't mean to offend you with the wrong choice of word. I do genuinely understand that this sort of error can annoy you and your fellow fans.

Sevco. Sevco. Sevco. Hoose. Hoose. Hoose.

1350597317[/url]' post='6726775']

Apologies. 'Big house', not 'big hoose'. Didn't mean to offend you with the wrong choice of word. I do genuinely understand that this sort of error can annoy you and your fellow fans.

Sevco. Sevco. Sevco. Hoose. Hoose. Hoose.

It's details like this that could see sevco dead or deid.

Guest Kincardine

The difference is important, though.

He's fat. He is clad in lycra. He's 35+ and wearing a baseball cap and what we used to call, "a football jersey". Also he supports Rangers. Loads of reasons to rip the pish out of him.

What he didn't say, though, was, "Hoose".

Shame on eveyone who made posts for getting it wrong.

He's fat. He is clad in lycra. He's 35+ and wearing a baseball cap and what we used to call, "a football jersey". Also he supports Rangers. Loads of reasons to rip the pish out of him.

Indeed. Consider my head hung in shame. Just a wee bit of shame, associated with that sort of error. Not the kind of shame associated with a sectarian signing policy, tax evasion, illegal EBT use, and the shafting of small and large creditors alike.

Still, I'm sorry.

Still pissed off about the Craig Whyte interview, or hoping that the prospectus will come into light with your club has no history at all. wink.gif

Guest Kincardine

It's details like this that could see sevco dead or deid.

You are, of course, missing the point. Deal with what we have said or done not with what the hoi polloi find amusing.

Loads of people have laughed about, "the big hoose". It didnt happen.

Guest Kincardine

Still pissed off about the Craig Whyte interview, or hoping that the prospectus will come into light with your club has no history at all. wink.gif

I see that, again, you can't follow any line of argument.

I asked about, "The Big Hoose". Not one single fucker can justify this yet it has been used in very many posts.

Now do you actually want to talk about that or would you prefer to change the subject?

Is it you?

You are very sensitive.

Is your reading of the recent and inevitable soon-to-be events upsetting you and your friends? Yes. Good, knowing that makes me very very happy. You deserve all that has happened and all that is coming. smile.gif

I see that, again, you can't follow any line of argument.

I asked about, "The Big Hoose". Not one single fucker can justify this yet it has been used in very many posts.

Now do you actually want to talk about that or would you prefer to change the subject?

Does it matter now ? the fat cnut was from Glasgow and Glaswegian slang for house is "hoose" as in the Broon's and Oor Wullie.So it's a piss take of the fat pie eating fucker :) probably BIG HOOSE sounds better when insulting the fat b'stard anaw for being a complete fanny by saying "the bottom line is the big house must stay open" 8)