Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My money's on them all pushing up daisies before the Orcs revisit the scene of their finest PR exercise.

No offence, Kincardine, My unborn grand-daughter's kids'll be worm-food first, as well.wink.gif

Hmmmm,,, Doesn't read very nice, but you get the idea.

LONG TIME, TEDI, LONG TIME.....

He'll get the idea, I'm sure.biggrin.gif

Don't tell me you have offspring :(

Up til half-time it was looking good, but we can quite easily snatch defeat from the jaws, etc......sad.gif

Still, another two Standfree bonuses (laugh.gif) from Killie-Ann.

Oh, and back on topic - whaur's ma perspective? If Leggo can get wan, ma investors demand wan an aw!

"Oh bollox" as my auld Presbyterian granniy used to say every time she had £50 snatched from her by the Arabs :angry:

At least I was cheered to see that Chas is still counting on the £21mill he's been promised by his Loyal - made my private consortium of 17 "pwoud, very pwoud" that we've shown our backing for the flagship Club that is Sevco - our enemies at Arsenal must be quaking in their boots after Sir Charles Green told them they're just a diddy wee bunch of nobodies who probably all went to wan ae thei left-footer schouls

Edited by Claymores

Really Greene is being 'clever' and he has shown all along his understanding of saying the right things.

By saying blah blah blah about EPL and european leagues he is keeping up the pretence that The Rangers are a big club not a diddy fourth tier

scottish club.

The equivalent is some smarmy car salesman selling a brand new Kia car saying exactly the same type of seatbelts were used in a DB7 years

ago, therefore it is basically an aston martin which used to compete with the likes of ferrari, therefore it is a car with sporting pedigree.

Its not surprising but quite funny to look at from the outside. biggrin.gif

...and breaching the rules in a way sufficient for titles to be stripped, would merely require players to be fielded in said competitions who weren't properly registered with the bodies which govern them.

Although Rangers clearly did deliberately cheat, it's not necessary to prove this to mean that trophies and titles be taken away. Nobody thinks that Brechin or Spartans deliberately cheated, yet an acceptance exists that fielding ineligible players is serious enough for results in single games to be re-assessed. Even if Rangers made honest mistakes for a decade, they'd have no legitimate claim to the trophies 'won'.

The stripping of titles is basically irrelevant as Rangers are due to be liquidated and will no longer exist.

What is more important is that the new club called The Rangers agreed to accept the punishments due to the old Rangers so that they could have the old Rangers' membership of the SFA transferred to them.

For the scale of these crimes I can't see how the punishment can be anything less than termination of SFA membership and repayment of all SPL prize money plus interest and costs.

Whichever way you look at it, it will surely be the swift death of the brand new club. :D

And with the death of a sectarian rivalry, Celtic will go into rapid decline while the rest of the SPL flourishes.

Win, win. 8)

EXCLUSIVE: Return of the King! He's got cash for a place on Rangers board

Dave King has revealed plans to plough fresh cash into Rangers — just months after seeing a previous investment of £20million go down the drain.

The former Ibrox director won a six-year court battle with the South African Revenue Service to have a freeze on his British assets revoked last week, leaving the Johannesburg-based businessman free to invest in the UK.

And, despite the continuing fight to clear his name on 322 charges of tax evasion in South Africa, Glasgow-born King has set his sights on a return to the Ibrox boardroom, insisting there are now no issues over his ‘fit and proper’ person status.

article-2234195-0881D485000005DC-641_468x297.jpgReturn: Dave King plans to invest in Rangers

His lingering concerns over chief executive Charles Green’s profit-based business plan mean the 57-year-old will sit out the current £20m share issue. Impressed by Walter Smith’s recruitment to the Ibrox board, however, King says he is almost ready to talk, telling Sportsmail: ‘I am certainly inclined to invest in Rangers again. I lost £20m through Rangers but I can absolutely see a scenario where I would like to return to the Rangers boardroom one day soon.

‘Any substantial investment I made in the club would incorporate that caveat. If I was going to come in with substantial sums of money then I would expect to be on the board as well.

‘I still have some concerns about the business model adopted by Charles Green. But investing in Rangers is a situation I would like to look at again towards the end of this season.

‘Clearly Charles Green might have something to say about that. And the time is not now for me to come back because Charles has a business plan which I don’t quite agree with.

‘But I would regard myself as a potential investor going forward.

‘As Rangers progress through the leagues they will need another type of investor.

article-2234195-16100C14000005DC-889_468x292.jpgFollow the leader: Ally McCoist takes charge of Rangers training

‘The reality is that once Rangers are back in the Premier League, fans will expect them to automatically start challenging for the title and start competing in Europe again — which is what we all want.

‘But that will require extra capital in a couple of years’ time. And it will be then that people like myself will come into the equation. Because I would be willing to put money into the club on a non-profit basis.’

King put £20m into Rangers during David Murray’s tenure and lost every penny when the oldco club was plunged towards financial oblivion by former owner Craig Whyte.

Concerns over Green’s profit motive prompted his brief dalliance with the Blue Knights takeover group in the summer, as former manager Smith was fronting another splinter group funded by businessman Jim McColl.

Impressed by Green’s ability to bring Smith on side, however, King’s stance towards the current regime has softened.

‘All credit to Charles for being able to do that,’ he said. ‘It’s a great thing because it says that Charles must be getting the club going in the right direction.’

article-2234195-160FC144000005DC-490_468x286.jpgLimbering up: Rangers train ahead of their clash with East Stirling

King was also deterred from investing in Green’s Sevco consortium by a restraining order imposed by the Crown Office on behalf of SARS.

Before having the order lifted, however, King also had 37 counts of fraud and racketeering dropped in his adopted land and insists there are now no impediments to an Ibrox return.

‘I wrote to the SFA at the end of last year when I was looking to be involved in one of the consortiums, telling them of the allegations against me and asking if this might cloud their judgment in terms of my ability to be a fit and proper person at Rangers?

‘Their response was that because it was only allegations they would take representations from my legal team and if they could convince them I had a strong case then there would be no issue.

‘Now that has gone away. My assets have been freed and it’s just not an issue any more.’

Eh? blink.gif

Really Greene is being 'clever' and he has shown all along his understanding of saying the right things.

By saying blah blah blah about EPL and european leagues he is keeping up the pretence that The Rangers are a big club not a diddy fourth tier

scottish club.

The equivalent is some smarmy car salesman selling a brand new Kia car saying exactly the same type of seatbelts were used in a DB7 years

ago, therefore it is basically an aston martin which used to compete with the likes of ferrari, therefore it is a car with sporting pedigree.

Its not surprising but quite funny to look at from the outside. biggrin.gif

He's not clever he's just talking to the gullible who want to believe in anything he says.

The original Rangers had no clout within Europe or the EPL both have even more money from deals and the walking cadaver of the Rangers is trying to screw as much out of each individual as possible .

Edited by FinnesTON

Interesting the amount of people who are lawyers, tax experts, accountants or have degrees in Scottish footballing law that have suddenly cropped up in the last year or so.

38258.gif

Footballing law?

Do you mean the laws of the game? Fifa statutes? SFA's dynamic rulebook? Business law which football clubs must operate within?

The former Ibrox director won a six-year court battle with the South African Revenue Service to have a freeze on his British assets revoked last week, leaving the Johannesburg-based businessman free to invest in the UK.

:)phoenix12.jpg

The stripping of titles is basically irrelevant as Rangers are due to be liquidated and will no longer exist.

Your optimism is infectious, but irrespective of whatever happens in terms of life and death to either guise of Rangers, I want the titles and trophies 'won' by the early 21st century version, taken from them.

Death shouldn't enable them to escape retrospective justice.

I want the records to show that they cheated like Hell before they died.

Edited by Monkey Tennis