Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Ibrox chief executive, who bought the club for £5.5m in June, is adamant the third division outfit will 'not play where they are not wanted'.

....Scotland....? (Just teasing)

Edited by AES

....Scotland....? (Just teasing)

hehe.

look at this, Charles Green admittedly stated that he did rise Rangers from the ashes as a phoenix club, on talksport.

[[Rangers F.C.] (1873)]The Rangers F.C. 2012Year established 2012

Charles Green "I'll have another pile of cash from Season tickets." :huh:

Edited by Bairnforever1992

They played their first match in May 1872. It's 140 years since Rangers played their first game. Is that simple enough for you?

I don't remember you kicking up a fuss that it's only actually 124 years since 1888, strange that. Yet Celtic celebrated their 125th birthday this year.

Just a small point regarding the whole 140/ 139 year thing,

If the anniversary was in May, why were all the old codgers, and legends wheeled out on Saturday?

Just a small point regarding the whole 140/ 139 year thing,

If the anniversary was in May, why were all the old codgers, and legends wheeled out on Saturday?

Presumably because everyone was slightly preoccupied in May. I assume that's why it was done before the end of the year, not because Charles Green is an opportunist.

Presumably because everyone was slightly preoccupied in May. I assume that's why it was done before the end of the year, not because Charles Green is an opportunist.

He's really not an opportunist, he's just a smooth talker deflecting proper answers of the club on that interview on talksport so he's the same shyster as Craig Whyte, but hey enjoy the floatation you deserved it for the club i mean Charles Green pockets. ;)

He's really not an opportunist, he's just a smooth talker deflecting proper answers of the club on that interview on talksport so he's the same shyster as Craig Whyte, but hey enjoy the floatation you deserved it for the club i mean Charles Green pockets. ;)

I don't know anybody buying shares.

^^^^^^^^^

Trying too hard @ 3 in the morning....................and before you criticise back. Detroit @ Green Bay scum live is important Tedster..............training course for a Metrics application tomorrow which I already know so can sleep then!

American football is just rugby for jessies.

They played their first match in May 1872. It's 140 years since Rangers played their first game. Is that simple enough for you?

I don't remember you kicking up a fuss that it's only actually 124 years since 1888, strange that. Yet Celtic celebrated their 125th birthday this year.

Since I can remember, rangers have claimed their foundation date as 1873. It's on the wall at ibrox, and they celebrated their centenary in 1973. I simply asked how they came to find another year so that they could claim 140 years, as I'd not seen or heard any mention of this 1872 claptrap before the realisation that they'd never see 2013.

The best answer from all the brain donors on here - which came from Bendarroch, ffs - is that they're too stupid to know their history.

Since I can remember, rangers have claimed their foundation date as 1873. It's on the wall at ibrox, and they celebrated their centenary in 1973. I simply asked how they came to find another year so that they could claim 140 years, as I'd not seen or heard any mention of this 1872 claptrap before the realisation that they'd never see 2013.

The best answer from all the brain donors on here - which came from Bendarroch, ffs - is that they're too stupid to know their history.

Order this, read it and cease the pishy attempts at wind ups, you're like a 3rd rate version of Magee.

http://www.amazon.co...ader_B00485CLG4

Edited by bennett

Interesting read.

What now for 'Oldco' Rangers?

2e1ax_default_entry__44588840_ibrox_bw_sns203b.jpg

Immediately following the release of the verdict by the First Tier Tribunal ("FTT"), I was contacted by a number of people who wished to understand the implications of the verdict on The Rangers Football Club plc ("Oldco"). Here, Allan McLeod provides a professional, independent analysis on the likely outcome for the 'Oldco' the former holding company of Rangers FC. Whether or not the club itself subsists - along with trophies and honours won - is a matter for the football authorities and not one upon which MLM solutions are able to comment.

Q. Can the Administration or Liquidation be reversed? <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Whilst it is argued that the assessment of the EBT liability by HMRC, apparently in the region of £72m, created difficulties for the Company, it was not this factor that resulted in Oldco being placed into Administration by Craig Whyte. It is well documented that during the period of Craig Whyte's control, he failed to pay PAYE & NIC, which resulted in HMRC issuing a demand for payment against Oldco for £9.4m.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">A. Whilst the Courts have the power to reverse an Administration or Liquidation, in the circumstances of this case, there is no probability whatsoever that this can happen. The answer is quite simply no.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Q. Can the sale of the business and assets be challenged?<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Another recurring question following the FTT verdict has been whether the sale of the business and assets to Charles Green could be challenged. Whilst a Liquidator has powers to challenge a sale of a business by an Administrator, the opportunity to purchase Rangers at the time was widely known, due to the extensive media attention. It is an understatement to say "the market was well tested". It then follows that the Administrators achieved the best available price for the business and assets of Oldco.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">A. Based on all the information available in the public arena, the answer is no.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Q. Can Oldco be saved?<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Before going on to the technical answer, it must be underlined that "saving" Oldco is most improbable and rather than respond to this particularly emotive question that has been posed, I would rather answer the more defined question of "can a Company in liquidation be restored to solvency?".<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">The Administrators' Final Report dated 27 September 2012 outlines some matters to be dealt with by the Liquidators including<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">1. Action against Collyer Bristow and others, to be handled by the Liquidators<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">2. Any sums due to Oldco by UEFA<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">3. Small balance of funds due by FirstData<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">4. Debts due to Oldco, mainly the sum due by Everton Football Club<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">5. Rates and utilities review<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">In addition, the Liquidators will also attend to the following -<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">6. Liquidators independent investigations<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">7. Liquidators report on the conduct of the Company Officers (Directors and Administrators)<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">8. Agree creditors' claims including establishing HMRC's claim, in light of its appeal against the FTT verdict.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">9. Agree and pay the liquidation expenses<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">10. Distribute any remaining funds amongst the creditors of Oldco<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Looking at points 1 & 8 above, the action raised against Collyer Bristow and HMRC's appeal against the FTT verdict, both of these matters may well last for a number of years.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Once all remaining matters are finalised, it is most probable that Oldco will be dissolved.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Are there any alternatives to dissolution?<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">The answer is yes. There are two legal mechanisms which would allow a liquidator to compromise the creditors claims and restore an insolvent company back to solvency.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">The first legal mechanism is, by now, fairly well know to many observers - a Company Voluntary Arrangement ("CVA"). We know how CVAs work, a compromise is offered to creditors, and if 75% of creditors accept the compromise, the arrangement is approved. Crucially, for this to be considered, someone with an interest in restoring a company would have to offer a financial incentive to a company's creditors.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">The second legal mechanism is a Scheme of Arrangement ("Scheme"). Schemes can be used to compromise sums due to a company's creditors, but it can also achieve the restructuring of a company's shareholding. As with the CVA, someone with an interest in restoring a company would have to offer a financial incentive to a company's creditors. It differs from a CVA, in that a majority of votes (more than 50%) is required to compromise creditors or shareholders.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">The above two routes are rather obscure. However, to answer the question posed, there are 2 legal mechanisms which can restore a company which is in liquidation, back to solvency.<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"> <br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Once all remaining matters are finalised, it is most probable that Oldco will be dissolved, which means the 'Oldco' will no longer be in existence as a corporate entity.

What does it all mean?

Order this, read it and cease the pishy attempts at wind ups, you're like a 3rd rate version of Magee.

http://www.amazon.co...ader_B00485CLG4

Your mob's equivalent of the RTC blog, or any cellik-minded history made for the fans by the fans.

Like "A History of God's Own Country - Tykes Only".

Anyway, when did they realise they were so stupid as not to know when they were founded? And if this famous first game was in May, why celebrate just when they need the Orcs to invest in a holding company in December?

One of your lot really is going to buy the Brooklyn Bridge and Eiffel Tower giftset, aren't they?laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Any bears want to comment on why the centenary year was celebrated in 1973, the wall at Ibrox clearly says 1873, but all of a sudden the club was apparently formed in 1872? It wasn't because they knew they'd never make 140 years, was it? Surely not?

Rangers played their first official match in 1872 - they didn't elect office bearers until 1873. Research goes on into the sporting activities of the founding four prior to these dates.

Garelochhead being central to the research. Garelochhead, of course, being the village that hosts Bendarroch park.

Bendarroch, were the club stupid or just wrong for 130+ years? "Research goes on"? The club accepted 1873 as the foundation date for over a century. Why the desperation to grab another year?

Is this research going to find that one of the founders played for his nursery school team, so rangers are the oldest club in Scotland? Did he get a glass of milk and a biscuit for his efforts, making them Scotland's oldest professional club?

Pathetic.

"Research goes on" eh?! After over a century has passed, the truth is, the most deranged orcs among them are attempting to rewrite the history of the morally and financially bankrupt tax dodging cheating dead Rangers FC (R.I.P.).

What can you do other than laugh at those deranged fools?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

If you want the Bill Struth here it is.........

Wp77N.png

Jesus wept

Next you wil be arguing that we should celebrate Christmas in October :lol: this seems to be the general consensus as to when Jesus was born after all

^^^^ believes Jesus was born :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, great Faith in reincarnation fables so yeh have Tedi :D