Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Fuxake. What have I done now?

Oh and please be gentle 'cos I'm grumpy. My central heating boiler is knackerd; my Wee Hoose is cold as ice; I had to have a cold shower this morning before I went to a meeting and I'm still battered and bruised since sledging with the weans on Sunday - proof that you can be 53 and not have learned an ounce of sense.

Don't worry Kincardine, it's one of your fellow travellers acting the goat again. Just one of those crosses you have to bear(!), I suppose.

Sledging the WRK way - Take the kids(and Mrs WRK) and sledges to hill. Watch them having loads of fun which, and here's the important part, somebody has to video with a camera which needs protecting from snow in all its forms. Apply malt liberally from flask. Let Mrs WRK drive me and cold, tired kids home and rustle up some hot chocolate before settling down in front of a movie. wink.gif

AW I do miss those days on the Big Thread were there was deadlines and delayed statements coming out of Mordhor on a daily basis giving us something to piss ourselves laughing with glee.Then thereafter followed the orc meltdowns that where as funny as it gets on Ragers Medjia and gers fans greeting on telly that the Big House was about to be shut down forever.

Nowadays it's just being filled with shite about some other shite in meaningless or petty point scoring that has the sum of feck all about the Big Threads topic headline FFS.

OK ! so Chucky says that he has seen title stripping on the draft that was proposed to him before acquiring a licence ! was Chucky shown evidence from the old club that Rangers did in fact admit guilt to a few or a good few players were being paid bonuses by a third party because the evidence against them was too great and liability had to be pleaded too.When Whytie took over around 5 players contracts were rewritten and they were paid double what their old contract had and he ended the EBT era at Rangers.

Remember Whytie folks ? does Craigie bhoy have evidential papers showing that players at Ibrox had two contracts ? Remember Whyte had to renegotiate with players and possibly had their EBT side letters as well when he took over before players contracts had to be upped to nearly double in a few cases as soon as he took over.Rangers fans thought Whyte was securing these valuable players by spunking big money on extended contracts for a few players.

Has Green prepared the Rangers fans by telling them that Rangers will definitely lose honours ?

Guest Kincardine

AW I do miss those days on the Big Thread were there was deadlines and delayed statements coming out of Mordhor on a daily basis giving us something to piss ourselves laughing with glee.

I am keeping my powder dry until the Lord Nimmo Smith laughathon. I'll either be gloating like f**k or backtracking like f**k. I've ordered a case of Frosty Jacks to be delivered to either spur my unbearable triumphalism or numb the pain.

Oh and please be gentle 'cos I'm grumpy. My central heating boiler is knackerd; my Wee Hoose is cold as ice; I had to have a cold shower this morning before I went to a meeting and I'm still battered and bruised since sledging with the weans on Sunday - proof that you can be 53 and not have learned an ounce of sense.

Has anyone seen Magee?

I am keeping my powder dry until the Lord Nimmo Smith laughathon. I'll either be gloating like f**k or backtracking like f**k. I've ordered a case of Frosty Jacks to be delivered to either spur my unbearable triumphalism or numb the pain.

Squeaky bum time Kincardine :rolleyes:

Although I'm not an expert in law or an accountant I'm pretty darn fucking sure the commission is going badly for the old Rangers completely and I mean the old one protecting the new entity as much as possible.Removal of honours is not a punishment for Green but monetary fines and mandatory suspensions from cup competitions will affect Green immensely.

A "Hugely successful" share issue (apparently) but the big issues remain firmly on T'table.....

Mr Ashley wants his 2.5 million pounds of flesh though :)

CHARLES GREEN will attempt to convince Rangers fans face to face tonight that Ibrox should be renamed for £2.5million.

The Gers chief will meet supporters groups at the stadium to discuss a potential deal with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Green hopes to cash in on the naming rights to Ibrox, with any change likely to incorporate Sports Direct, which is Ashley’s company.

Manager Ally McCoist has already said he believes Ibrox should always remain in the ground’s title. But with a down payment of £1.5m – which will rise to £2.5m if McCoist’s team achieve certain targets – Green is keen to accept Ashley’s offer.

Mark Dingwall, of the Rangers Supporters Trust, said: “The groundswell of opinion is we’ve had a successful share issue so why do we need to sell the naming rights?

“But the Trust are keeping an open mind.”

lol - excellent. That's ALL the doors wide open then....... until the knucledraggers start shouting from the back of the room..... magic :)

Guest Kincardine

What Chucky the straight talking yorkshire lieing cnut really meant was

gaff.png

Johnny, this prompts me to revive my December post about naming rights which I thought was quite witty but which nae c**t commented on.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=193281&view=findpost&p=6857052

Dear Mr Ashley

I've read recently that you're planning to buy the naming rights to Ibrox for a reported £1.5 Million a season. I'm a Rangers fan and welcome this. Now obviously you're not doing this out of altruism - but to get the Sports Direct name mentioned in the press, TV, radio and on-line. However, this is a scatter-gun approach to marketing and auld grannies who've never bought a pair of trainers in their puff.

May I suggest that you need to augment your sponsorship of Ibrox with a marketing approach that directly targets the very people who are likely to buy your merchandise. I, thus, have a proposition for you.

Pie and Bovril is Scotland's largest multi-team football discussion board and has over 20,000 registered members and at least as many people who view the site and the message boards without having registered.

The demographic fit with Sportsdirect is excellent - given that the majority of posters are aged 16-25. Many of them actively play sports and, thus, buy sports equipment. Almost all support a specific team and many buy replica shirts. Obviously all have some sort of internet access and are used to online transactions and purchases.

In other words the people who use P&B are the very people your company wants to sell to and you need, then, is a means of increasing brand awareness among P&B's constituents. Following the Ibrox model I am will to sell you the rights to my Pie and Bovril username for the modest sum of £150,000 a YEAR (messages boards don't have a close season).

In return I'm prepared to change my name to "SportsDirect.com Kincardine" and to use the SD logo in my avatar.

I believe this is the first such initiative in sports and internet history and will attract a great deal of publicity. Please contact me within 4 days or I'll take the idea to one of your competitors.

Yours etc

Maybe I should stop attempting humour ;)

I'm making a little addition to Johnny's list. smile.gif

1. Why would Rangers be playing in Division 3? they finished 2nd in the SPL in 2012! The reason is that Sevco are a New Club who have come in starting at the bottom.

2. Why would Rangers be unseeded in the Scottish Cup?, again they finished 2nd in the SPL in 2012! The reason is Sevco are a New Club who haven't competed anywhere before.

3. Why would Rangers be unable to compete in Europe for 4 years? Rangers would have been able to play in Europe this season! New Clubs need 3 years of accounts to meet criteria.

4. Rangers were under a Transfer Embargo from February, so how did they manage to sign Templeton and others? The Reason is, If Sevco did have a Transfer embargo then they would not have been able to sign a single player - McCulloch, Wallace, etc because Sevco signed those players from Rangers! That's why the Transfer Embargo on Sevco never began until September, even though Rangers were under a Transfer Embargo, as Sevco had to sign McCulloch, Alexander etc from Rangers and its why some players left Rangers for free because Rangers lost their Footballing license which meant their registrations with the SFA were void and thus their contracts were broken and they could go where they wanted.

5. How could Rangers have signed players off Rangers? you can't sell yourself players. Rangers sold Sevco players!

6. If Green bought Rangers from Whyte, why did they need to apply for Football licenses? Rangers were a Football Club with licenses.

7. Why does Charles Green say he bought Rangers History, how can Rangers have sold their History to Rangers?

8. Why did Charles green say that if a CVA was not agreed rangers would lose their history?

9. Why have no Sevconians attempted to respond intelligently to the right honourable gentleman Johnnyc13's post ?!

Still waiting.

Guest Kincardine

Has anyone seen Magee?

I actually booked him for half 5 to fix my boiler. Three other chunts turned up and and behaved like him but pretended they were other people.

1358961762[/url]' post='7009957']

A "Hugely successful" share issue (apparently) but the big issues remain firmly on T'table.....

Mr Ashley wants his 2.5 million pounds of flesh though :)

CHARLES GREEN will attempt to convince Rangers fans face to face tonight that Ibrox should be renamed for £2.5million.

The Gers chief will meet supporters groups at the stadium to discuss a potential deal with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Green hopes to cash in on the naming rights to Ibrox, with any change likely to incorporate Sports Direct, which is Ashley's company.

Manager Ally McCoist has already said he believes Ibrox should always remain in the ground's title. But with a down payment of £1.5m – which will rise to £2.5m if McCoist's team achieve certain targets – Green is keen to accept Ashley's offer.

Mark Dingwall, of the Rangers Supporters Trust, said: "The groundswell of opinion is we've had a successful share issue so why do we need to sell the naming rights?

"But the Trust are keeping an open mind."

lol - excellent. That's ALL the doors wide open then....... until the knucledraggers start shouting from the back of the room..... magic :)

Charles green statement preview...

Picked on kicked when we're down, Celtic, everyone's agaisnt us, all jealous of us, going to England, I'm pure rangers,needed investment, back to the top, no to the SPL.

To answer the main points, Rangers are not a new club, just run by a new company.

Charles Green bought the history along with the rest of the club.

He also bought the SFA membership and the SPL share. However, these transactions had to be approved by the football authorities to have footballing effect. The SPL clubs did not approve which led to Rangers entering the SFL. On the other hand, the SFA membership that Rangers have is the same one the club has always had, for 140 years.

Rangers are not eligible for Europe because accounts weren't produced. This happened in Whyte's time, months before Green took over.

"How could Rangers have signed players off Rangers?". :D The players aren't at a different club, just employed by a new company.

Edited by Bearwithme

Interesting stuff from Chris Graham's blog:

The first piece of good news is that Rangers will now be represented at the [sPL] tribunal. Charles Green has quite rightly taken the view that this tribunal has no authority or relevance to the new company running the club and under the terms of insolvency obligations it was always unlikely that the old company would defend the charges. This is because the liquidators cannot be seen to spend money on legal action which brings no benefit to the creditors. However, the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund (RFFF) have now stepped into the grey area in which the SPL have been trying to operate and have agreed that they will underwrite the legal costs of a solicitor and a QC to attend the tribunal and fight the charges. It had been thought that the RFFF statement made last week involved costs for a subsequent legal challenge but the funds are being used to fight these charges at every step. This is a big leap forward because the SPL lawyers, Harper MacLeod, have been relying on the fact that nobody would be present to challenge their ridiculous assertion that Rangers have been “cheating”.

The next piece of good news comes from the FTT decision. It was widely reported at the time that Rangers were found to have conducted the vast majority of their EBTs correctly. This included the tribunal members confirming that the EBT payments did in fact constitute loans, were not emoluments and therefore did not need to be declared to the SPL as they were not contractual. The tribunal was very specific on this point and it was a huge blow to the SPL’s case. However, it is also now possible to clarify the remaining point that those who have been seeking to damage the club have been clinging to.

Those who have spent months, and in some cases years, attempting to blacken the name of the club, latched on to the fact that five players were found to have had their EBTs wrongly administered and held this up as ‘evidence’ that the club were guilty of breaching SPL rules and that they would therefore have titles stripped for the years in which those players were employed.

In fact, entirely the opposite is the case. Once again, in their rush to attack Rangers, they have got their information completely wrong. The cases of the five players involve circumstances where they were incorrectly paid for contractual obligations through an EBT. The payments were detailed in their contract but, instead of being paid using standard methods, were paid using an EBT. This has caused them to be singled out by the FTT as administrative errors but has completely the opposite effect for this SPL tribunal as the payments in question were detailed in the players’ contracts and lodged with the SPL. So the smoking gun that the internet hordes have been clinging to for the past few months actually works in Rangers favour.

The EBTs themselves have been shown by the FTT to be above board, correctly administered and loans, not emoluments, for the purpose of the SPL tribunal. The only EBT payments to fall foul of the FTT were in fact detailed in contracts and lodged with the SPL, so they have no reasonable recourse against either the EBTs or these contractual payments. The SPL case is dead in the water.

Guest Kincardine

To answer the main points, Rangers are not a new club, just run by a new company.

Charles Green bought the history along with the rest of the club.

Bear, two very sensible points and I will wager a bottle of cask-conditioned, vintage sherry-finished Buckfast that no-one will disagree with you.