Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I hope this is not the case, criminal charges against Whyte would be good for starters and as I said earlier my opinion against Murray has hardened after the tribunal.

One of the things I have always been consistent was that I would accept the findings of the tribunal in full, the past 24 hours has mainly been about the good stuff and lets face it there are many things in the report that have obviously been discussed and have given Rangers fans some joy, I certainly hope we can now move on.

However, Rangers have been found guilty and guilty for 11 years of deliberately breaking rules, and whilst this does not constitute cheating it is still rule breaking, no point in hiding from it.

Murray must be held responsible for this along with any directors who had knowledge and I include Campbell Ogilvie.

Lets not kid ourselves it was EBT`s and the decision to use them that ruined our club, it was a f**k up of gigantic proportions and the Rangers of today are just a shadow of our former selves and it will take many years to recover, we are lucky to have a club at all.

It does not matter that these were legal, they were close (very close) to the edge of being illegal and we must not forget who took the decision to run with them, Murray has been shown to all in this report to be an arrogant selfish man that when the shit came thought only about saving his own skin and sold our club to a crook, he is scum.

The fans sat back in the glory years and sucked it all in, the rumors were there but lets face we did f**k all, never again should we trust the suits who run our club, they must be constantly scrutinised and we have to do what we can to make sure it never happens again.

I hope BDO screw Murray to post and take the shirt off his back.

Credit to Tedi, here - this is by far the most sane and sensible statement any Rangers supporter has made on the entire thread.

Very disappointed with the Celtic statement, we didn't have to say anything.

Dunno, if you read atween the lines etc.......

Celtic Football Club Statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 01 Mar, 2013 17:45

Following yesterday´s SPL Commission decision, we have been inundated with requests for the Club to make its position clear:

Celtic FC has today made the following statement:

We note yesterday´s decision that Rangers FC has been found guilty of

contravening the SPL rules on disclosure of payments over 11 years

between 2000-2011. The scale of this amounts to a deliberate

non-disclosure of £47 million in payments to players and staff. We also

note the penalty of £250,000 which has been imposed.

Like many within Scottish football, including supporters and other

observers, we are surprised by the parallel conclusion that no

competitive advantage was gained from these arrangements.

However, the implications of this verdict are for the Scottish football

authorities to address since the rules breached were specifically

intended to defend "sporting integrity".

Throughout this matter, Celtic has refrained from comment on the affairs

of Rangers FC while the various tribunals and commissions went about

their work.

We will continue to concentrate on our own affairs, and assure our

supporters that at all times we will operate within both the rules of

our governing bodies and the law of the land.

Our Club is in a great place at the moment and we are enjoying a

fantastic season, maintaining our position at the top of Scottish

football and enjoying huge success and profile across European football.

We ask our fans to unite with us once again as we look ahead to the rest

of the season, to the Scottish Cup on Saturday, to the UEFA Champions

League next week and to an exciting future with a young squad of high

quality players and a talented manager in Neil Lennon.

Our fans have been magnificent this season, home and away, and as we

head towards the end of the season, now, more than ever, we need our

fans to be with us and to back the team and the Club. We sincerely thank

our fans for their continued support.

Very disappointed with the Celtic statement, we didn't have to say anything.

Provided that's the full extent of it and Celtic get back to minding their own, I'd say that's not too bad, considering. I'd rather they'd just noted the result, but you can imagine how previous owners would've responded to events like this.

I hope this is not the case, criminal charges against Whyte would be good for starters and as I said earlier my opinion against Murray has hardened after the tribunal.

One of the things I have always been consistent was that I would accept the findings of the tribunal in full, the past 24 hours has mainly been about the good stuff and lets face it there are many things in the report that have obviously been discussed and have given Rangers fans some joy, I certainly hope we can now move on.

However, Rangers have been found guilty and guilty for 11 years of deliberately breaking rules, and whilst this does not constitute cheating it is still rule breaking, no point in hiding from it.

Murray must be held responsible for this along with any directors who had knowledge and I include Campbell Ogilvie.

Lets not kid ourselves it was EBT`s and the decision to use them that ruined our club, it was a f**k up of gigantic proportions and the Rangers of today are just a shadow of our former selves and it will take many years to recover, we are lucky to have a club at all.

It does not matter that these were legal, they were close (very close) to the edge of being illegal and we must not forget who took the decision to run with them, Murray has been shown to all in this report to be an arrogant selfish man that when the shit came thought only about saving his own skin and sold our club to a crook, he is scum.

The fans sat back in the glory years and sucked it all in, the rumors were there but lets face we did f**k all, never again should we trust the suits who run our club, they must be constantly scrutinised and we have to do what we can to make sure it never happens again.

I hope BDO screw Murray to post and take the shirt off his back.

I applaud this post. Who did it for you Tedster ;-)

Edited by GreenockRover

The old rangers club cheated before they died, we all know that, not much point in flogging a dead horse, I think Celtic have acted with great dignity throught the entire affair ;)

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1672478.html

Fifa said they had a temporary membership. Doesn't that mean the timeline is broken? They also say that the club not the company was re-formed.

If I were a Celtic supporter then I would be disappointed with that statement.

This line especially shows they do not really agree with LNS who the SPL appointed.

They are an SPL club and as such part of the board, any statements should be made through this channel and not independently, it completely undermines previous statements along with those made recently by Neil Lennon, it also undermines the SPL position.

Teds - If I was a Tim I'd be disappointed that they made a statement at all. All this does is confirm in the minds of idiots on both sides who think that this is a Celtic-Rangers thing when it shouldn't be. Bad form from Ra Hoops who usually do this stuff so well.

If the Revenue's appeal is upheld, and the activities are deemed unlawful, will there be a review of this investigation?

Dunno about you but I am sick to fucking death of commissions and investigations. I know that we'll have another one via HMRC's appeal and also BDO looking at Oldco's affairs but really? Who has any appetite for this?

Actually I don't mind BDO doing their work and if they conclude that certain Rangers directors acted criminally then we'd all like them pursued through the courts.

Aside from that all we are doing is feeding the lawyers.

Dunno about you but I am sick to fucking death of commissions and investigations. I know that we'll have another one via HMRC's appeal and also BDO looking at Oldco's affairs but really? Who has any appetite for this?

Actually I don't mind BDO doing their work and if they conclude that certain Rangers directors acted criminally then we'd all like them pursued through the courts.

Aside from that all we are doing is feeding the lawyers.

I have to agree, it was purely a hypothetical question.

If the payments are deemed unlawful it opens up a can of worms though.

I'm not sure I can stomach another couple years of this.

Celtic's statement contains the same sort of inaccuracies as what Lennon said e.g. "We note yesterday´s decision that Rangers FC has been found guilty".

There was no finding against Rangers FC. The company that used to run the club was fined for not disclosing certain documents (though the monies concerned were disclosed in the company's accounts). Maybe if Celtic and Lennon understood the verdict better they'd be less angry. :D