Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FAO Bennett:

Stop defaming me and members of my family, accusing me of lying, accusing me of being a Celtic fan, and possibly refer to me by my preferred name. Then you can lecture.

You wouldn't know banter if it fucking fell on you.

You'll always be Norman to me, best get used to it ;)

I actually feel sorry for your family, especially your mother as you've been a disappointment to her all your life Norm.

You're a Celtic fan though Norris, you clearly admitted to going to the games when you were younger now you pretend to support Killie.

You're another disrespectful wee knob though. And not too bright, being unable to differentiate between "going" and "taken to". And I "stated", not "admitted".

You're another disrespectful wee knob though. And not too bright, being unable to differentiate between "going" and "taken to". And I "stated", not "admitted".

So you're telling me you were forced to watch Celtic Norris? Couldn't you have said you didn't want to go? You loved going didn't you Norris? You still support them don't you Norris?

So, could somebody update me. What sort of quantum, of people that were duped, are we talking of now?

There's a deadline for that announcement - Wednesday week was the latest proposal.

May I correct your typo? Ministry of Misinformation.

The real typo lies with the word information but my failed link to the novel 1984 should have read "Ministry of Truth", which was inspired by Orwell's wife's position in the UK's ministry of information.

Edited by stonedsailor

The real typo lies with the word information but my failed link to the novel 1984 should have read "Ministry of Truth", which was inspired by Orwell's wife's position in the UK's ministry of information.

Well, if it's pedants hour; The Ministry of Truth was part of the state machine for Oceania. The UK is a real place. And the meaning of Truth was the truth as dictated by the government. And as we know governments (and some football clubs) thrive on misinformation i.e. not-the-truth.

Let's invite As We Rise Again into this debate. Should be fun!

Well, if it's pedants hour; The Ministry of Truth was part of the state machine for Oceania. The UK is a real place. And the meaning of Truth was the truth as dictated by the government. And as we know governments (and some football clubs) thrive on misinformation i.e. not-the-truth.

Oh, can I play?

The book is actually called "Nineteen Eighty-Four", not "1984". Can't see AWRA being an afficionado, but the more Orwell people, read the better. IMHO, of course.

Oh, can I play?

The book is actually called "Nineteen Eighty-Four", not "1984". Can't see AWRA being an afficionado, but the more Orwell people, read the better. IMHO, of course.

Indeed. The purpose of the ministry was to rewrite the history books whenever Big Brother got something wrong.

Cue Tedi.

F'kin 'Ell, all that from me admitting I fucked up a remark which I believed to be witty at the time?

You need to pleasure yourself more often. ;)

Indeed. The purpose of the ministry was to rewrite the history books whenever Big Brother got something wrong.

Cue Tedi.

My oh my, someones been at wikipedia ;)

But an hour to find the page? or did it take you that long to read the entry?

But is that true? Or more misinformation? I demand transparency!

Just in from Ally McCoist: "As a former Rangers legend I really feel for the big man. HIs ridiculous antics yesterday are a manifestation of the frustrations we are all feeling at the moment. Rangers fans have spent a lot of their benefits travelling to towns like Montrose and Clyde and I personally don't think it's too much to ask that when they come to Ibrox these wee teams stop trying to make us play creatively, passing the ball and scoring goals. Frankly, I just want to win this league and move on."

Oh, can I play?

Hey, I brought Orwell onto the thread a couple of thousand pages back.

Someone suggested that given their paranoia, Rangers were becoming Celtic.

Orwell had of course foreseen such a thing when finishing Animal farm:

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which”

Hey, I brought Orwell onto the thread a couple of thousand pages back.

Someone suggested that given their paranoia, Rangers were becoming Celtic.

Orwell had of course foreseen such a thing when finishing Animal farm:

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which”

Aye, but who's the "pig" and who's the "man"? This'll start another row! :)