Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The utter insanity that is Leggo, goes off the Churchillian scale today.

Utter bonkers.

Friday, 31 May 2013

And just as they did in 1944, so on this football D Day, the forces of the righteous have prevailed. Sir Walter, as he always does when he needs to, has won.

take it he didnt need to win the Uefa Cup final ? :1eye

Question....

Why does a company with a multimillion worldwide fan base, get away with a non executive chairman?

I know he doesn't have the experience for the full time version, but he doesn't have the experience for the non exec either.

MM was a non exec as well.

Not a very important role it would seem.....

You do realise that best practice dictates that the Chairman has to be a Non-Executive?

Silly question...

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

You do realise that best practice dictates that the Chairman has to be a Non-Executive?

Silly question...

We are talking about the ibrox boardroom here, why do you think "best practice" is involved?

So, no, he doesn't "need" to be non exec.

Hope u don't mind me asking Tedi but who's the chairman of the club then ?

According to this, that would be Walter.

The Records story has forced their hand...

Board Change

Thu, 30th May 2013 15:13

RNS Number : 9287F

Rangers Int. Football Club PLC

30 May 2013

?

30 May 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", the "Company" or "Club")

Board Change

The Rangers International Football Club plc today announced that Walter Smith has been appointed Non-Executive Chairman of the Board. Walter Smith is widely acknowledged as the Club's most successful manager. Under his leadership, the Club enjoyed two immensely productive spells and he is one of the most highly regarded figures in British football.

He succeeds Malcolm Murray, who agreed to step down as chairman, and Walter Smith's appointment was a unanimous decision of the Board.

The Board believes that the new chairman will bring stability, experience and a wealth of knowledge to the Club.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

www.rangers.co.uk

Craig Mather, CEO

Brian Stockbridge, FD

Tel: 0141 580 8647

Cenkos Securities plc

Tel: 020 7397 8900

Stephen Keys, Adrian Hargrave, Max Hartley (Corporate Finance)

Russell Kerr (Corporate Broking)

Newgate Threadneedle

Tel: 020 7148 6143

Graham Herring / John Coles / Roddy Watt / Fiona Conroy

We are talking about the ibrox boardroom here, why do you think "best practice" is involved?

So, no, he doesn't "need" to be non exec.

I think we can guarantee your reaction had he been announced as an executive Chairman: links to Sarbanes Oxley and the Combined Code aplenty, highlighting the fact that having an executive at Chairman isn't best practice.

I think we can guarantee your reaction had he been announced as an executive Chairman: links to Sarbanes Oxley and the Combined Code aplenty, highlighting the fact that having an executive at Chairman isn't best practice.

I would have been delighted if he had been given any power. A hands on Walter is what that that ship called Dignity needs.

One bear in the swamp has saw the light. He's probably banned by now....

Today, 10:48

18kjmmd73

One Law, One Land, One Throne

Re: 'I'll never be a boardroom pushover' - Wattie.

I thought he was non-exucutive and a figurehead ?

If that is true he will be told what is happening and that will be the end of the matter or his tenure as chairman.

Oxley is quality. Goes in where it hurts, has real pace and defenders can never work out where he will pop up next. I think he could be a real asset to Rangers. And as for Codé, he is big and brutal, just knocks down defences that think they are well organised. Has no respect for reputations. Scottish football would be a better place with both of them getting stuck in at Ibrox. :thumsup2

Ally should be signing them immediately. No transfer fee either, he could have them tomorrow.

Edited by thelegendthatis

This thread is like when you can see up a fat lassie's skirt. You know no good will come of it, but you can't help having a wee keek up there anyway and feel disgusted with yourself afterwards

Seek counselling...

This thread is like when you can see up a fat lassie's skirt. You know no good will come of it, but you can't help having a wee keek up there anyway and feel disgusted with yourself afterwards

Another Magee alias outed :lol:

Didn't take you long to suss out WRK. He actually attended the grand total of Zero Killie games last season and this is after claiming he was considering buying season tickets for his entire family or some such utter pish if Rangers were kicked out the SPL. Needless to say he never parted with a single penny to help out his 'beloved' Killie

I was considering buying STs, but not for the entire family - circumstances change. On the premise that our club voted the right way. They didn't, to our shame.

rangers were not kicked out of the SPL.

The SPL clubs voted not to allow a new club to take the place of the club which had, through their own mismanagement, died.

I've spent around £340 in the Killie shop this season.

Taking lying lessons from Bennett, are we?