Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Whatever words we use to describe the first game between Celtic and New Rangers, I'm pretty confident that "competitive" won't be one of them.

Both teams have a habit of becoming lax and over confident and then been brought back to earth last season. But here I think they will give you as good a game as any in the SPL but maybe with more fight with all that has happened over the last year and Celtic's complacency which is a historical trait with the 'oh, easy win, should be 6 or 7' will see Celtic either coming a cropper or waking up after 30 minutes to realise you have a game on your hands.

At Inverness we made it look so easy almost as if they lay down to us as we don't take the piss on the pitch and didn't underestimate them for what they could be capable of, but then they don't have very many reasons to get fired up about other than simply just to try and beat us and our team had just started to click, where as Celtic the traditional enemy and some may say tried to discredit or even kill off their club will give them much more reason even if their manager lacks the astute tactical mind, I doubt Ally will need to try hard to get them up for this.

It's a list of names of catholic players rangers signed during the 70year non catholic signing policy posted by No8 from a while back ....only thing is turns out the list is fake most names on the list are made up names (all the names after Spencer it looks like) because rangers never knowingly signed any Catholics during that time, kitchenbrand and Blythe hid their religion , Blythe was sacked when his was found out and kitchenbrand was sacked when they found out his girlfriend was a catholic.

So basically No8s "evidence for rangers never having a signing policy" is duff.

No8 says it's a "List of Known Roman Catholics to play for Rangers throughout the years before 1989...." That seems accurate to me (apart from the bogus additions of course).

This thread is dying on its arse.

Have to agree with you, it has dropped down in quality due to less fresh topics to discuss that havn't been covered already and there are other threads covering other news, it really hasn't been gold for a while and there's very little chance of Rangers ever ending up back in the same situation as they found themselves last summer in the near future. I think closing it on the last day of this month would be an apt choice and it should be sent to the gold forum not so much for the whole thread but for the first few months as it is a good document into the thoughts of football supporters in this country of all teams and also its predicessor thread should join it in the gold forum. A totally epic thread.

Edited by CityDave

Both teams have a habit of becoming lax and over confident and then been brought back to earth last season. But here I think they will give you as good a game as any in the SPL but maybe with more fight with all that has happened over the last year and Celtic's complacency which is a historical trait with the 'oh, easy win, should be 6 or 7' will see Celtic either coming a cropper or waking up after 30 minutes to realise you have a game on your hands.

At Inverness we made it look so easy almost as if they lay down to us as we don't take the piss on the pitch and didn't underestimate them for what they could be capable of, but then they don't have very many reasons to get fired up about other than simply just to try and beat us and our team had just started to click, where as Celtic the traditional enemy and some may say tried to discredit or even kill off their club will give them much more reason even if their manager lacks the astute tactical mind, I doubt Ally will need to try hard to get them up for this.

Maybe so - complacency has long been a Celtic trait, to the extent that the team once went into a European Cup final expecting to win easily, just by showing up, and lost as a result.

Nonetheless, I'd fall off my seat if New Rangers could even compete, let alone win. They were murder last season, and I see no signs that McCoist has the savvy to turn them into world-beaters over the summer.

Have to agree with you, it has dropped down in quality as there is less to discuss that hasn't been covered already and there are other threads, it really hasn't been gold for a while and there's very little chance of Rangers ever ending up back in the same situation as they found themselves last summer in the near future. I think closing it on the last day of this month would be an apt choice and it should be sent to the gold forum not so much for the whole thread but for the first few months as it is a good document into the thoughts of football supporters in this country of all teams and also its predicessor thread should join it in the gold forum. A totally epic thread.

It's a saga, and it has lulls , but dont worry the next EBT hearing is a few weeks away! Chin up.

Maybe so - complacency has long been a Celtic trait, to the extent that the team once went into a European Cup final expecting to win easily, just by showing up, and lost as a result.

Nonetheless, I'd fall off my seat if New Rangers could even compete, let alone win. They were murder last season, and I see no signs that McCoist has the savvy to turn them into world-beaters over the summer.

I tend to agree, but think they'll be a bit stronger than last season. I know they brought in SPL guys they couldn't afford last summer too, but I think they've acquired some better ones this time. I really don't want them to beat our brand new SFL2 records, but I suspect they might.

I obviously haven't sobered up from last night yet as it seems I've stumbled onto the Radio 3 fansite. :D

: :lol: I was just hoping that, for the first time in The BRALT's history it could truly be described as 'classic'.

Still, it was nice to see a wee outbreak of bonhomie......and to listen to some great tunes - none of which will catch on at Ibrox!

You are correct both teams can be over confident, however there is a difference, most Rangers fans accept that Ally is not up to the job and against teams of similar size and budget he would be found out badly, Celtic fans on the other hand still believe Neil is the best manager in Scotland and they actually believe his half baked excuses each time he loses a game against opposition that a club with Celtic`s players should be brushing aside with ease.

Given recent form, I suspect Celtic would win comfortably even if Lennon took a holiday and they put Hoopy the Huddle Hound in the dugout as manager.

I doubt a team would have to turn into world beaters just to beat Celtic, they could just come as easily come from from Paisley, Inverness, Dingwall, Motherwell, Perth, Kilmarnock, or Edinburgh( Easter Road).

It's a saga, and it has lulls , but dont worry the next EBT hearing is a few weeks away! Chin up.

Indeed. There have been times when the thread's got pretty poor, but it's relied on us die-hards to keep it ticking over.

Those who only pop in when something big happens are glory hunters.

Only those of us who were there on FTTT day, or when titles were retained will have earned the right to really revel in the joy of things again going hideously wrong for them.

You are correct both teams can be over confident, however there is a difference, most Rangers fans accept that Ally is not up to the job and against teams of similar size and budget he would be found out badly, Celtic fans on the other hand still believe Neil is the best manager in Scotland and they actually believe his half baked excuses each time he loses a game against opposition that a club with Celtic`s players should be brushing aside with ease.

He is the best manager in Scotland. That is no mean feat tho, as the rest of them are fucking murder. I don't think Neil is a great manager fwiw, too many defeats for my liking, but every time he wins I feel great for him. The best GIUY possible to the haters in this Shithole country. He's been through more than most. God Bless TLB. :wub:

Cannot really agree about the best manager bit, happy for you to believe it tho.

GIUY moments are what we all live for, the best thing ally did all season was proclaim WATP at the end of the Berwick game, fantastic stuff.

Like I say Ted, wouldn't be hard to be the best in this country. I personally think he's the best of a bad bunch without being overly special. I wouldn't expect us to agree on this tho ;)

How's the health by the way?

Given recent form, I suspect Celtic would win comfortably even if Lennon took a holiday and they put Hoopy the Huddle Hound in the dugout as manager.

I remember and so should you when obviously the brains behind the 'Dream Team' Kenny Dalgleish went on a golfing holiday to Spain in 1999 leaving John Barnes with the simple task of swatting my team out of the way in the Scottish Cup. I would imagine a similar meltdown would occur if Rangers were to beat Celtic next season. I would think Hoopy the Huddle Hound would be boxed and sent to Korea. :blink:

Cannot really agree about the best manager bit, happy for you to believe it tho.

GIUY moments are what we all live for, the best thing ally did all season was proclaim WATP at the end of the Berwick game, fantastic stuff.

Not as good as when he signed Emilson Cribari IMO, although that was easily beaten by his decision to repeatedly select Cribari to play.