Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

who was the American trucking magnate that the Berrs chased away?

I imagine they regret their attitude towards him now......

I'd hardly say we chased him away, it was one small banner :lol: If i remember rightly he was linked with Andrew Ellis at the time.

Chuckles on Sky Sports News now.

"Craig Whyte bought Rangers for a pound, the Blue Knights should have gave David Murray two pound then."

:lol:

Also says he won't take Jim Mccoll seriously unless he wires 14million to one his bank accounts.

:lol:

Talking about Sally after the break but I'm going out. :(

God I've missed him.

Stands by what he says about Rangers needing to win a cup alongside the league.

Says that Rangers should be on a plane today, alongside Celtic, to play in Europe - and that that will NEVER happen under guys like Paul Murray.

Never mind the wee matter of a European ban though, eh?

Serious question - are there any Rangers supporters actually buying his schtick? If you are buying it, for god sake why?

Chuckles on Sky Sports News now. "Craig Whyte bought Rangers for a pound, the Blue Knights should have gave David Murray two pound then." :lol: Also says he won't take Jim Mccoll seriously unless he wires 14million to one his bank accounts. :lol: Talking about Sally after the break but I'm going out. :( God I've missed him.

Green shall not be moved.

"Im pure Rangurs so am ur ..oor enumies n that..punished enough..stabulity n that..geese yer money"?

Only Charles Green the founder of RIFC has the ability to stabilise RIFC. The followers of his club are mostly former fans of RFC and it is not an easy job that he has taken on. There is no greater supporter of RIFC than Green. For that reason alone he should have the full backing of all of the fans of his club.

Statement in response to comments from Rangers FC

Tuesday, 06 August 2013

Scottish FA spokesperson:

In response to the recent public comments from Rangers FC, and in particular Craig Mather and Ally McCoist, the Scottish FA offers the clarification requested with regard to Insolvency Rules under the Judicial Panel Protocol.

As yet the Scottish FA has not received a formal, written request for clarification by Rangers.

Notwithstanding the fact that a full note of reasons was published by the Judicial Panel Chair, Gary Allan QC, at the time of the determination - disseminated to the club directly, and to the public via the media we are happy to reiterate the salient points in the interests of clarity and transparency:

The Disciplinary Rules of the Judicial Panel Protocol provide a sliding scale of sanctions, with a suggested tariff of low-end, mid-range, top-end and maximum. This reflects the potential variations in seriousness of any breaches and any aggravating or mitigating factors.

Rangers were fined £50,000 for a breach of Rule 14(g) based on the panels view that the evidence presented on both sides merited a sanction at the maximum end of the tariff. This was evidenced in the Note of Reasons:

Page 30 At the time of the first withheld payment in September 2011 Rangers FCs financial situation was such that it could have made the payment due to HMRC.

Page 33 The non-payment was a deliberate act in furtherance of a decision of the Chairman and director of Rangers FC not to make payment as a negotiating tactic in the resolution of the Big Tax Case.

Page 56 In the case of the non-payment of tax (which was possibly by the smallest margin the most serious breach) the massive extent of the failure and the intentional and calculated manner in which it was carried out aggravated the breach even further.

Rangers were placed into administration following the deliberate non-payment of social taxes, despite in the evidence provided - having the money to do so when the decision was first taken to withhold the money. This was not a feature in the Heart of Midlothian or Dunfermline Athletic cases.

Contrary to Mr Mathers statement, Rangers registration embargo was applied in a separate rule breach, Rule 66 Bringing the Game into Disrepute.

The administrators in the two other cases (Heart of Midlothian and Dunfermline Athletic) submitted that fines would be inappropriate as the clubs effectively had no money and any fine could jeopardise attempts to save the club. They made submissions on their clubs' financial position to reinforce their view.

Rangers' lawyer, in contrast, specifically asked for the club to be fined in respect of Charge 3, or Rule 14(g). He did not lead evidence of Rangers' financial position or ability to pay any fine.

Rangers did not appeal the fine.

My favourite part was this bit.

"Rangers' lawyer, in contrast, specifically asked for the club to be fined in respect of Charge 3, or Rule 14(g). He did not lead evidence of Rangers' financial position or ability to pay any fine."

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want